Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:36:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Playoffs! Quarterfinals 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Playoffs! Quarterfinals  (Read 5685 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: March 23, 2014, 06:58:39 AM

We are now into the final 8.

Results for round 1 and fixtures for the quarterfinals are here.

Play these matches by Wednesday 2nd April.

My pics for the semis:

Megrim v Jaedar. I don't know much about Jaedar but on paper the team looks good. Megrim is a top coach however and he's got a very nice team now. Megrim to win a close game 3-2

Avaia v Ulysees. Ulysees' lizards are a machine and I am confident that they will chew through Bleating. Ulysees 2-1

Strazos v Ingmar. Game of the round for me. Two top fliht coaches and two great teams. I think Elven Bullshit will take the day though. Strazos 2-0.

Ericswiftblade v Carnifex. The Orcs have had a great run this season but I think it stops here. Carnifex will win after a bloody injury fest. Carnifex 2-1

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 07:06:31 AM

Carnifex,

I'm GMT and have next week as holiday. Today through Wednesday should be good for me.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 07:42:19 AM

So Megrim, I hope you've been practicing for the rematch. My team hasn't done much leveling up, so this might be a close call since it was pretty even last time.

Anyway, when do you have time to play? I think I should be free most evenings (CET) during the week.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 01:10:05 PM

Strazos, you are in a relatively normal timezone these days, right? Tuesday or Wednesday nights are my best bets this week it looks like. I can usually be in front of the computer by about 7:30 Pacific. I think I am free on Sunday all day as well.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 02:39:44 PM

So Megrim, I hope you've been practicing for the rematch. My team hasn't done much leveling up, so this might be a close call since it was pretty even last time.

Anyway, when do you have time to play? I think I should be free most evenings (CET) during the week.

It will likely have to be the weekend, since your evening tend to be work time for me.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 03:35:17 PM

Strazos, you are in a relatively normal timezone these days, right? Tuesday or Wednesday nights are my best bets this week it looks like. I can usually be in front of the computer by about 7:30 Pacific. I think I am free on Sunday all day as well.

I'm EST at the moment, so it looks like weeknights won't really work.

Want to agree to just try to find one another on Sunday via Steam?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 01:16:07 AM

Saw the Avaia reply in the other thread so hopefully we will get to play our match sometime on the 30th.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 04:39:11 AM

*tap tap* Carnifex? This thing on? *tap*

Not sure what time zone you are, but never seen you on steam, any chance we can arrange a time for this?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 10:59:21 AM

I'm EST at the moment, so it looks like weeknights won't really work.

Want to agree to just try to find one another on Sunday via Steam?

Sounds good.

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 11:29:12 AM

Bridgeburners 3-0 over The Camp-town Orc Boyz. Have you ever played a game where no matter how dumb the mistake or how big the risk it all worked out? Well I just did. Seriously, all the things that Swiftblade did that should have been small errors were magnified by the dice. All my mistakes on the other hand were minimized.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 11:21:48 PM

As Carnifex says, he did play well, but boy did the dice hate me.

He choose to kick to me and I was doing well. I got the ball took it upfield, got into a decent position then bam, the bad dice hit. In fairness, it hit both of us, both having a 1 click turnover! However, it worked in his favour and a werewolf got the ball and went for my TD. No way for me to recover, so I just did some beat down instead, resulting in me losing a blitzer to -1 str or dead... Chose dead as he effectively was.

Next half I set up ok. He has a guy run down the sideline. I figure thaty with 2 blocks I can get him off the side. Block one ends in both down (both guys have block), so I reroll as I need a push or down. Double skulls. That one error opens up the whole flank and Carnifex takes full advantage.

After that I was just going for injury SPPs and the bugger manages to score again!  Comedy of errors, but I was bouth outplayed and out diced!

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 06:34:42 PM

I'm back now Ulysees, I will look for you tomorrow.
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 09:38:54 AM

Megrim, I tried to get ahold of you on steam this weekend but it seems you were away. Any idea when we might play our game? What's your timezone again?
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 12:53:52 PM

Made a bad move in the first half, and that's about all to say.

I do not love lizards.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 02:26:15 PM

The Minizilla's 2 - Bleating 0

Avaia lost the toss so I elected to kick to him first. That Nurgle team is some scary shit man! 2 very levelled claw Chaos Warriors and a couple of scary Pestigors meant that this felt like facing The Ex-Presidents again and like my loss to the ex presidents things started badly for me and I lost my krox on the first set of blocks though I apothed him to come back on the next drive I also lost my +str Saurus to a KO and was thinking this was going to be a long night. After that though while Avaia's dice were giving him knockdowns his claw luck failed him and I didn't lose any other of my Sauri for the rest of the match.

Avaia received the kick and progressed up the field a little but this put him in range of my wide skinks who rushed up field to mark his ball carrier. I also got a couple of Sauri around the back of the LoS but Avaiai managed to keep me tied up and I was unable to knock the ball free. Then on turn 4 Avaia makes a break for glory but finds himself marked up and tied down at the beginning of turn 5 and I finally pop the ball free, but into a double marked square but my plus agi skink gets in for a steal, survives a block and a blitz and runs off to hand off for a first half score.

Avaia received again but was not able to do anything in the 3 turns remaining so the second half kicked off with me receiving. I was still terrified of his claw Chaos Warriors taking off my players so I setup and took a quick score on turn 11. With not many turns left and needing to score 2 touchdowns to take the match into extra time Avaia tried a passing play that backfired handing me the ball but though I tried to run another score in I failed a dodge and the ball ended up out of bounds but I got what looked like a nice throw in with the ball falling at a skinks feet, however since it was a turnover Avaia got rid of the skink and threw a perfect launch and catch to the halfway line and then used a Pestigor to run for the endzone. Unfortunately for Avaia I was able to free my killer Saurus for a blitz which worked and I recovered the ball but with not enough time to get it up the field and score (I had missed that I had 2 skinks on the pitch not just 1) so I got punched in the face lot by those claw chaos warriors but had the skink so deep he couldn't be sacked and so I ran the clock down to close out the match.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 03:19:36 PM

Strazos and I will be starting in a few minutes if any potential spectators are hanging about.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 04:48:59 PM

So that went about as well as I expected.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 04:53:08 PM

Proving once again that Iain is terrible at picking outcomes, The Banned win 3-0 over the Effing Elves. Elf bullshit failed one key roll every time it was happening (usually a GFI) and I was able to slowly grind out a personnel advantage via KOs and injuries. Tackle played a pretty big role this time too. Probably the most telling thing is Strazos had to use basically all his rerolls in both halves while I think I used maybe 3 the entire game. One of those games.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 09:49:03 AM

Just the Megrim v Jaedar match to go. Deadline is looming, please let me know when this will be played.

Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 11:24:03 PM

I'll very likely be busy most of saturday, but both sunday and saturday morning could work, which is probably the most important time anyway due to temporal differences. Hit me up on steam or something so we can finalize a time.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #20 on: April 06, 2014, 01:13:59 PM

So the Jaedar v Megrim game didn't happen and I'm told it likely won't happen given the time difference and weekend schedules. So, tomorrow (7th April) I shall check the 12 noon price on Apple stock (using this reference for the avoidance of doubt). If the last digit is odd then Megrim wins, if it's even or zero then Jaedar wins and we can move the day on to the semis.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #21 on: April 06, 2014, 02:19:32 PM

Megrim conceded so I'll award the win to Jaedar and move on to the Semi-finals.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Playoffs! Quarterfinals  
Jump to: