Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:56:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Mystery Science Theater 3000 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mystery Science Theater 3000  (Read 2111 times)
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

on: March 19, 2014, 10:19:00 AM

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 10:28:19 AM

They could just run Catching Trouble on repeat for 3 hours and it would be time well spent.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:49:50 AM

There's a bunch of these on Netflix now, too.  My kid laughs uncontrollably at them, which gets me laughing uncontrollably, too.  Most of the jokes are timeless.

Rausdauer, rausdauer, rausdauer, rausdauer!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 04:04:05 PM

As a fan of MST3k it's worth the money to buy the Rifftrax for Starship Troopers.  I saw it when they did the national in-theater show and it was amazing.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 06:43:01 PM

As a fan of MST3k it's worth the money to buy the Rifftrax for Starship Troopers.  I saw it when they did the national in-theater show and it was amazing.

I saw it too...I really need to buy a copy. It was hysterical.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 06:53:20 PM

Which cast members do rifftrax?  Kevin Murphy (servo) never failed to crack me up with his delivery

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 07:00:34 PM

Which cast members do rifftrax?  Kevin Murphy (servo) never failed to crack me up with his delivery

As far as I recall, it's normally Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbett, so the same three voices from the TV show.  They do sometimes get guests on, though.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 12:46:52 AM

There's lots of eps of the original series on youtube.

Randomly chosen for utter sucky movie that was not inspired by charlies angels really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyCpqxzvdls

Hic sunt dracones.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 06:38:31 AM

WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 01:55:56 PM

Anyone watch? I TiVoed it and watched the first hour last night. Pretty funny. Also got RT'ed by @Rifftrax, so my life is complete  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 04:53:33 PM

Crap, totally forgot about it. Will have to see if they are replaying it.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 09:02:33 PM

I have heard they will be available on demand, but haven't checked myself yet. Your son would probably enjoy them with you. Mine loved it, even if well over half of the references went over his head.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Mystery Science Theater 3000  
Jump to: