Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:17:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Baseball Interest Check 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Baseball Interest Check  (Read 4262 times)
Phildo
Contributor

on: March 04, 2014, 08:42:12 AM

Hey folks, I tried out fantasy baseball last year and had a surprisingly good time.  Who else would be interested in doing a Yahoo league this year?
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:53:29 AM

I am torn. It sounds like fun, but by July when the Mariners are 25 games out I will probably lose interest. Maybe if I limit myself to one team it would be easier to manage. How about a very strong maybe?  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 09:57:18 AM

Possibly? Since the Cubs are usually out of contention by May, I lose interest real quick.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 11:41:37 AM

Even though I like baseball better than football and I'm totally a stats guy, I don't really care for the structure/scoring in fantasy baseball, so I'll play if you need someone to finish a league off but I'm not super interested in general.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 01:42:43 PM

About what I was expecting.  My experience last year was that about 2/3 of our league checked out after the halfway point.  Fantasy Baseball is a pretty big commitment.

Ingmar, is your beef with which stats are used, or with a particular style of scoring the league?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 01:50:48 PM

Fantasy baseball isn't fun. It requires daily maintenance and if you play in a rotisserie league if you're not in the top 5 by the end of June, your season is over.

It's too long, it's too complicated to manage, and it lacks the punch of fantasy football in YEAH I WON THE WEEK!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 01:52:49 PM

About what I was expecting.  My experience last year was that about 2/3 of our league checked out after the halfway point.  Fantasy Baseball is a pretty big commitment.

Ingmar, is your beef with which stats are used, or with a particular style of scoring the league?

Mostly the structure - pitcher streaming, daily maintenance, etc.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 05:42:20 PM

I'll play. 
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 07:15:17 AM

Doesn't look like there's enough interest in this to fill out a league for the whole season.  Oh well, thanks for the interest guys.  Let me know if anyone needs another person to fill out a league elsewhere.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 08:29:37 AM

Bump in case anyone has a league that needs a few last-minute bodies.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 01:56:59 PM

One last bump because I went and joined a public league with a few buddies.  There are slots left if anyone wants to sign up.  PM me for info.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 09:43:08 AM

I'm just going to float this here in case anyone wants to help me out with a fantasy dilemma.  I'm trying to optimize my outfield and short stop, so here's what I'm look at:

OF Owned: Leonys Martin, Michael Brantley, Matt Kemp, Josh Willingham
OF On Waivers: Beltran, Curtis Granderson, Desmond Jennings, Kole Calhoun, Ben Revere, Dexter Fowler, Corey Dickerson, Marcell Ozuna

SS Owned: Jed Lowrie, Stephen Drew
SS On Waivers: JJ Hardy, Jonathan Villar, Jhonny Peralta, Chris Owings

I need AVG, HR and RBIs in that order.  Really liking Ozuna and Dickerson right now, but not sure who to drop.  SS is giving me even more of a headache.  Suggestions/thoughts?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Baseball Interest Check  
Jump to: