Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:36:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Animation times 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Animation times  (Read 5231 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: February 28, 2014, 11:14:35 AM

Does anyone know how animation times work?

All the ability descriptions I can find tell me half the abilities are 'instant' which is dumb and clearly untrue - I think they mean there is no delay before the ability starts doing shit, but this is worthless information if you don't also know how long the ability will take to do the aforementioned shit.

I can't see any explanation of animation time being a global fixed figure - though most of them feel like they are about half a second?

Trying to compare builder abilities in particular this seems pretty critical, taking something like 'The Business' (instant) vs Hair Trigger (instant, 1 second focus), I have no idea how much quicker the former is at building compared to the latter.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:16:28 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 11:21:50 AM

I can speak from experience that animations aren't fixed.  There was something on my character, four seasons or four winds.. it was a sword skill, that took 3 seconds to execute fully.  Some of the rifle skills took a second or more to execute as well.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Animation times  
Jump to: