Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:27:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Panzer Campaigns 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Panzer Campaigns  (Read 3297 times)
Tmon
Terracotta Army

on: February 27, 2014, 08:55:52 AM

This is a series of WW2 operational games created by John Tiller.  The games are refinements of his hex based PC war games and work best on tablets but can run on large screen phones.  Counters represent company sized units and turns represent several hours, command relationships, supply and morale are all taken into account.  The the games are all played as the German side vs an AI opponent with no head to head or online option.  There are three games in the series, Panzer, Tunisa '43 and Bulge '44.   Panzer the first game in the series and is free and functions as the tutorial for playing the paid games.  It is a full game and includes 12 tutorial scenarios, 3 campaign scenarios and a campaign game that covers the full time frame of the 3 campaign scenarios. 

I'm currently running it on my Nexus 7 but I'm considering digging out my 10" Acer and playing on that due to the size of the map the battles are fought on.  If you've played any John Tiller games on PC this game won't have any surprises.   The link goes to the mobile section of John Tiller's site and includes links to his other mobile games, which include an American Civil War series, an air combat game, and a series of modern battles.  I haven't tried the others yet but based on the PC versions I've played all will be worth getting if you are interested in the period covered and enjoy turn and hex based games.   The games are available for Android, Kindle, and IOS.  http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Apps.html
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 01:30:40 PM

mmmmm wargames.

I had Battleground Waterloo on the PC years ago. Loved it. (Though he's trying to sell it as a download for $40. Um no, sorry, fuck off. Game is almost 20 years old)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:33:02 PM by Shannow »

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 08:17:57 AM

JTS released Panzer Battles today too.  It's a PC game similar to the Panzer Campaign series but on a smaller scale (250m/hex, 30min turns).  From the site, "Panzer Battles is a new simulation series that is designed to fit between Squad Battles and Panzer Campaigns and uses many features of both. "

I like both series so I'd love to give it a shot, but $40 and shitty DRM.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Panzer Campaigns  
Jump to: