Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:33:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Titanfall 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Titanfall  (Read 37634 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #140 on: October 30, 2016, 11:23:15 AM

Just did a match real quick. If they wanted to solve that "you can't find anyone to fight!" problem they failed pretty badly. I had a whole match (6 vs 6 is still standard) where I had to hunt for people to shoot and I got 7 kills. 2 of my 3 deaths were from the now much more deadly NPC robots. That being said the shooting feels tighter, but you feel way way slower. Like disappointingly slow. I miss how insanely fast you could move in the original.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #141 on: October 30, 2016, 12:32:09 PM

I would be playing this if Amazon hadn't shit the bed on my collector's edition delivery.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #142 on: October 30, 2016, 01:28:27 PM

Apparently they screwed a lot of people on this. A co-worker also didn't get his (and may never get it at the original price).
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: October 30, 2016, 02:09:12 PM

Hmm ok, I'll hold off a bit. Biz trip this week and by the time I'm back, Dishonored 2 will be right around the corner.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #144 on: November 01, 2016, 07:18:08 PM

My Vanguard edition shipped today and Amazon sent me a code for the full game to make up for the delay.

The single player so far has been pretty damn good.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #145 on: November 05, 2016, 10:34:37 PM

Playing some more reveals to me that again unlocks for basic functionality in gameplay is insanely cancerous. Having to grind to get access to all of the weapons and perks and kits is really insanely stupid and makes you legit gimped against higher level players in more than just experience and skill level. Your starting kits are all solid but there are definitely better, and being able to access them all from start would let people find something that suits them faster.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: November 06, 2016, 01:11:00 PM

Has anyone spent some time with this and Battlefield 1?  I was thinking of getting one of them.  I've heard good things about both of them.  I was looking at CoD Infinite Warfare but apparently the PC (Windows store, box copies, Steam etc.) player base has been separated between those who bought it on Steam...and everyone else. Facepalm
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: November 06, 2016, 07:08:24 PM

I have Infinite Warfare on PC. No problems getting matches. I can't imagine THAT many people bought the Windows Store version. I mean, if you're a PC gamer, you've been tied to Steam since forever (and have probably seen a few iterations of Microsoft "getting serious" about games or whatever). And the Win10 version doesn't let you play against Xbone players as far as I know.

Skipping Titanfall probably, but will definitely pickup Battlefield at some point (after Dishonored 2). Went with IW because I liked the theme and people I trust said the space combat (infantry or ship) was solid.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: December 02, 2016, 12:55:46 PM

FYI this weekend multiplayer is F2P on all 3 platforms if you want to try this out.  Looks like it's live now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Titanfall  
Jump to: