Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 09:08:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 385361 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1575 on: January 14, 2015, 10:20:41 AM

Now I'm hearing that the Falcons and Broncos both have interest in Dan Quinn. Gee I wonder who would win that battle? The team with the GM who is willing to do whatever it takes, or the GM cadre of idiots with the owner that requires weekly meetings with the head coach?

Oh and you likely get to draft a QB soon.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1576 on: January 14, 2015, 12:20:02 PM

I don't see Arizona as a place Peyton would go, mainly because their running game is pretty shitty. Even if Palmer's knee hadn't fallen off due to gravity, I'm not sure how far that team goes in the playoffs. Larry Fitzgerald ain't young anymore and the other guys, while good, aren't experienced.

I think if Brady, Rodgers or Russell Wilson wins the Super Bowl, Peyton doesn't retire for sure. Hell, I don't think he retires at all.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1577 on: January 14, 2015, 12:31:45 PM

He should've gone to the Niners originally but that era has passed.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1578 on: January 14, 2015, 12:52:18 PM

Larry Fitzgerald won't be in AZ either. Hoping he comes north.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1579 on: January 14, 2015, 01:52:22 PM

Larry Fitzgerald won't be in AZ either. Hoping he comes north.

Didn't having Percy Harvin fulfill Seattle's quotient for broke-down receivers that crumble before our very eyes?

WayAbvPar

Reply #1580 on: January 14, 2015, 01:54:23 PM

Unlike Percy Harvin, LF is not a complete shithead. He is also older and might take a shorter deal. He might even take under market value if it meant playing for a contender.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1581 on: January 14, 2015, 02:16:31 PM

Unlike Percy Harvin, LF is not a complete shithead. He is also older and might take a shorter deal. He might even take under market value if it meant playing for a contender.

Fitzgerald's 31, not 35. WR's break down after that age, so he's got at least 3-4 good years left. I seriously doubt he'd take a discount, as most of these don't. It's a bidness.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1582 on: January 14, 2015, 02:18:11 PM

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1583 on: January 14, 2015, 02:19:38 PM

I like him. So I'm sorry he's taking that job.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1584 on: January 14, 2015, 02:41:38 PM

awesome, for real

The Raiders just can't keep their feet off of their dicks. Del Rio is a good coordinator, but I am not overly impressed with his HC abilities.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1585 on: January 14, 2015, 03:08:30 PM

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1586 on: January 14, 2015, 03:16:38 PM

The defensive LINE coach? Not even the coordinator? ... the fuck?

Del Rio didn't do too bad in Jacksonville, considering the paucity of options he had to work with. I mean, his QB were Byron Leftwich, David Garrard and Mark Brunell on the downslide. Yet he still got them to the playoffs a number of seasons mostly on defensive capabilities. Of course, he's going to have the problem of working with the Raiders brain trust so chances are he'll have even less to work with in Oakland.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1587 on: January 14, 2015, 06:55:36 PM

I like the move. Take a chance on a new guy instead of recycling the same half dozen or so around and around and around the league.

I have never played WoW.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1588 on: January 14, 2015, 11:11:04 PM

As a Seattle fan, I'd like to thank the 49ers organization for hiring...wait, who was it again?

I kinda like Del Rio to Oakland, but to be honest, Tony Sparano had those guys punching a bit above their weight class.  I think I would have wanted to see what he could do with a full season.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1589 on: January 15, 2015, 05:55:25 AM

Is the new SF coach going to solve the fact that they hitched their wagon to an overrated QB that can't make throws? Because miracles!

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1590 on: January 15, 2015, 09:07:06 AM

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1591 on: January 15, 2015, 10:33:24 AM

Good luck.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1592 on: January 15, 2015, 10:51:14 AM

John Fox will at least make that defense better. Don't know what he can do with Cutler, but I'm not sure what anyone can do with Cutler.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1593 on: January 15, 2015, 10:54:03 AM

As an experienced head coach, I wouldn't want my move from an established team to be to a rebuild with a rookie GM. That's a huge gamble. Fox could get a better job if he was willing to look around.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1594 on: January 15, 2015, 03:02:40 PM

Fox had his chance at a SB win last year and blew it.  I am sure it is just about the coin now.  He will never be a SB winning coach now.

I have never played WoW.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1595 on: January 15, 2015, 03:20:30 PM

Fox had his chance at a SB win last year and blew it.  I am sure it is just about the coin now.  He will never be a SB winning coach now.

Not in Chicago. If he'd taken the Atlanta job, I think they have the QB settled and the offense mostly in place. He'd have to draft a defense, which if you can believe he will fix Chicago he certainly could fix Atlanta, AND he'd have more weapons.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1596 on: January 15, 2015, 03:58:04 PM

I'm not sure I agree with you about the Atlanta job. I think Chicago has more offensive weapons: Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett and Forte. Atlanta has... Julio Jones. Ryan's a better QB than Cutler, but he really has shit to throw to and no running game to speak of, plus on O line that is horribad.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1597 on: January 15, 2015, 04:18:11 PM

I'm not sure I agree with you about the Atlanta job. I think Chicago has more offensive weapons: Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett and Forte. Atlanta has... Julio Jones. Ryan's a better QB than Cutler, but he really has shit to throw to and no running game to speak of, plus on O line that is horribad.

Agreed on running game, agreed on line. Roddy White is still a good receiver, and so is Harry Douglas. Ryan is head and shoulders better than Cutler in terms of the mental game, and as a leader. Plus Ryan's organization likes him. Besides, QB in the NFL is like 75% of getting it right. And I think the offensive line will improve with health and Jake Matthews getting an offseason at his natural position.

But all things being equal, I'd go to the organization that has the QB settled. That gets coaches fired faster than anything.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1598 on: January 16, 2015, 11:05:57 AM

John Fox turned Jake Delhomme into a fucking Super Bowl QB. JAKE DELHOMME.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1599 on: January 16, 2015, 11:16:26 AM

John Fox turned Jake Delhomme into a fucking Super Bowl QB. JAKE DELHOMME.

He was 15th in passer rating. Dead average. They had a top 10 defense, a top 10 running game, a top 5 kicker, and great talent on the lines.

Delhomme had an outlier run in the post-season much like Eli Manning in 2011. It happens. I don't think it's coaching, I think it's frankly luck and matchups.

I think Cutler is fine, but I don't think Fox is going to be waving any magic wands in Chicago. I think they are doomed for at least 3 years.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1600 on: January 16, 2015, 01:18:55 PM

That's kind of my point though. Delhomme at his BEST was average, and Fox coached a team around him that made it to the Super Bowl on running game, O line and defense. Cutler is a better QB than Delhomme, IMO, i.e. he's better than average most of the time. Chicago already has a good running game with Forte, they have great wideouts, and decent tight end. Fox gets in there and fixes the defense and this team could be better than that Carolina team (and that Carolina team was pretty good). Fox found a way that Delhomme's averageness (and sometimes erraticness) didn't kill that team.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1601 on: January 16, 2015, 01:20:31 PM

Fox got the Broncos to the playoffs with Tebow. TEBOW.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1602 on: January 16, 2015, 01:40:20 PM

Fox got the Broncos to the playoffs with Tebow. TEBOW.

He did, yes. Which sort of underscores my point. He can absolutely fix the things that are wrong with the Falcons, namely running game and defense. They have a good QB too already. He can make teams with bad QBs better. He can make a team with a possibly great QB a Super Bowl contender.

I think the bigger issue of Cutler is that he hates his organization now. They've done nothing but try to fuck him over from a PR standpoint. He's not a likeable guy, but that's a toxic situation at best.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1603 on: January 18, 2015, 11:24:48 AM

Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that the season before this the Bears had the #2 offense in the league, only just behind Peyton in all of his record-setting glory. The biggest issue this year was that Cutler had to play from behind pretty much constantly and spent far too much time on the field because the defence was utter shite. Although there has been some movement, some aging, some change since then, the core of that offense is still there and full of potential.

If John Fox can get the defence to not suck so much Chicago should see corresponding improvement on the other side of the ball just through sheer weight of talent.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1604 on: January 18, 2015, 01:54:14 PM

So when Rodgers threw that pick, I thought "this is going to get ugly."

I was not expecting it to be ugly in this fashion 😳

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1605 on: January 18, 2015, 02:08:46 PM

It's raining dumbass QB play in Seattle.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1606 on: January 18, 2015, 02:21:35 PM

You guys, what is going on?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1607 on: January 18, 2015, 02:23:12 PM

YOU GET A PICK AND YOU GET A PICK AND YOU GET A PICK. /oprahball

beer geek.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1608 on: January 18, 2015, 02:23:55 PM

Rogers doesn't look that bad because at least he's moving the ball.  Wilson is playing like dogshit.

Over and out.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1609 on: January 18, 2015, 02:32:42 PM

The fact that the Green Bay defense has not had to be on the field pretty much at all is a bad sign for Seattle because in the gsnes I have seen this season, the Packers defense usually plays pretty good for a bit more than half the game and then they start to look like Swiss cheese as they get tired. I'm not sure they have even broken a sweat yet.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: