Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:45:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 382401 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #1155 on: November 17, 2014, 11:41:06 AM

Seattle just can't get healthy enough to be relevant. Losing Mebane is very likely going to cost them a playoff spot or a win in the playoffs if they sneak in. Losing Unger yesterday likely cost them the game. If he is out for any length of time the season is over for them.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1156 on: November 17, 2014, 12:23:07 PM

Packers defense is the reason Detroit will win that division.

I'm sticking with this. Green Bay took advantage of Chicago and Philly. Two of the worst fucking defenses in the league. Chicago is the worst, Philly is like 20th. Philly gave up 34 to the Skins for heaven's sake. Remember that NOLA game? Yeah, everyone's forgotten about that all of a sudden.

Minnesota sucks, so the Pack will steamroll them. But wait, here comes New England. The Pack lose that game. I think they also lose in Buffalo to a tough defensive team, and they lose to Detroit again at the end. Pack finish 10-6. Detroit finishes 11-5 after dropping one of the Chicago games, and a loss to NE.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1157 on: November 17, 2014, 12:46:07 PM

I think you are underestimating just how good that Cardinals defense is. Their offense is just good enough to win or at least not lose them games. Their defense though is top notch. I truly believe that game with the Seahawks will be competitive. Of course, the final score might be 6-3 or some shit, but it will be close.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1158 on: November 17, 2014, 08:23:08 PM

Of course, Pittsburgh could shit the bed against a shitty Titans team, but I doubt it.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Edit: Got ahead of myself on this one. Titans played well for 3 quarters and are now starting to crumble.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:42:10 PM by Mithas »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1159 on: November 18, 2014, 06:12:02 AM

Freaking Titans. They just had to not fall over.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1160 on: November 18, 2014, 07:07:32 AM

Adrian Peterson suspended the rest of the year without pay. Goodell's statement on it is pretty harsh. They leave the door wide open to further punishment:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24818642/roger-goodell-explains-details-of-adrian-peterson-suspension-in-letter
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1161 on: November 18, 2014, 09:50:14 AM

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1162 on: November 18, 2014, 11:13:33 AM

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1163 on: November 18, 2014, 11:29:24 AM

To the Colts!

That would be my bet.  Poor Ahmad.  I had the same injury he just suffered when I was a sophomore in high school.  NOT FUN.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1164 on: November 18, 2014, 01:58:50 PM

But what about Trent Richardson?!?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1165 on: November 18, 2014, 02:09:08 PM

I'm sure he can get his 1.2 yards per carry on the bench just as well as he does in the starting lineup.  why so serious?

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #1166 on: November 18, 2014, 02:09:25 PM

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1167 on: November 18, 2014, 02:11:49 PM

I could watch that gif all day.

Tate going to the Colts would kinda bone my fantasy team, but it definitely makes sense.  Maybe they'll pick up Blount, too/instead.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1168 on: November 21, 2014, 08:46:03 AM

Way to shit the bed, Kansas City. I didn't watch the game because I figured it wouldn't be competitive.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1169 on: November 21, 2014, 11:26:11 AM

The Raiders are the best team that had lost 16 straight ever  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Seriously- they are not a terrible team. Young and very green, and untalented in some areas, but there are some players there. If they don't Al Davis up their next couple of drafts they could be competitive in a couple of years.

That being said, it would have been nice if KC had done their bed shitting a few days earlier. Or maybe they did, but they had help from the refs?

Seriously- how the fuck do Bill Leavy and his band of cretins still have jobs?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1170 on: November 23, 2014, 11:22:52 PM

Over and out.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1171 on: November 24, 2014, 12:18:11 AM

That kid tore the Seahawks up a couple weeks ago. He is legit.

Terracotta Army

Reply #1172 on: November 24, 2014, 04:17:58 AM

And it's a wonder the LSU offense this year has been shit...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1173 on: November 24, 2014, 07:22:00 AM

And it wasn't a fluke, someone had a vine/gif of him making all these crazy one handed catches in warmups.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1174 on: November 24, 2014, 09:24:55 AM

Cowboys still won!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1175 on: November 24, 2014, 09:37:19 AM

As someone on reddit observed, the Bucs are one loss away from the number one overall pick, and two wins away from being in the playoffs.

why so serious?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1176 on: November 24, 2014, 09:50:04 AM

In my recap of the week, let me say the following:

Denver sucks on the road, I've said this for weeks. Try not to act shocked. They should have lost that game to shitty Miami, but Miami went and Miami'd at the end. They will still end up with a bye though.
Seattle pwned an Arizona team that is now a chicken with no head. The loss of Arizona's QB won't show up badly until the playoffs though, because they have Atlanta & KC left, and can easily go 11-5. I still think Seattle misses the playoffs.
SF still sucks. They won't make the playoffs. Period. Seattle will beat the fuck out of them twice, SD will beat them, and then they will get wins over Arizona and Oakland. 9-7, no dice.
Cowboys aren't going to collapse in December if Tony and Decmarco stays healthy. I think they split with Philly, beat Chicago, lose to Indy, beat Washington. Finish 11-5.
GB has a dance around the maypole left except for Detroit and NE. Detroit still wins the division in a tiebreaker. Easier schedule. Both get in the playoffs.

Playoff rankings are Arizona, Dallas, Philly, Green Bay, Detroit, and whatever shitty NFC South team scapes by.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1177 on: November 24, 2014, 10:01:25 AM

I was really struck by how many Manning passes sailed long this weekend. Is this a new trend? Is age finally getting to him late in the season? The Broncos are going to struggle to make it to the AFC championship game at this rate.

I have never played WoW.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1178 on: November 24, 2014, 10:14:59 AM

That Odell Beckham, Jr. catch... that may be the most spectacular thing I've seen in football ever. There is just no way a body should be able to come down with that football. The second his jersey got yanked and threw him off track, my eyes kind of darted away because I figured "OK, pass interference, he'll miss that ball." My brain was still catching up to the fact that he not only caught it but got a TD like a minute later.

That said, the Giants really do suck. Their defense just utterly folded in the last 2 minutes. They stopped blitzing and Romo just had time to make a cup of tea and watch Walking Dead before deciding which guy had gotten open because of all the time he had to throw. If you can't get penetration with 4, you better bring a linebacker but they went safe and tried to cover and the Cowboys just blocked it up and won the game. The Cowboys line is good. The team however, isn't good enough to get far in the playoffs. They don't have the depth and this is still the Cowboys we're talking about.

Green Bay almost pissed that game away. All the idiot punditry that anointed them NFC champs in the last week because of 2 straight 55+ games obviously haven't seen them play on the road. They struggle outside Lambeau and if the playoffs don't run through the frozen tundra, they will be out (and there's a good chance they'll be out anyway depending on matchups). Of course, I think you could say that about a lot of the teams in the NFC. Dallas appears to be the only good road team in the division, and I'm not sure that's going to be true in January. I do think Green Bay will win their division. They'll beat Detroit at Green Bay and after watching Detroit the last few weeks, I'm not convinced they make the playoffs. Their depth is suspect and their offense isn't consistent. Stafford is scatterbrained - he's like a young Brett Favre, making it on ability but missing the intelligence to not make stupid decisions.

I don't think there is one dominant team anywhere. Everybody has had their wobbles. Even New England has holes and I think the playoffs are coming down to who is playing best at home.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1179 on: November 24, 2014, 11:14:24 AM

New England is going to roll the AFC unless something strange happens. They are literally head and shoulders better than everyone in that conference right now.

They had two early losses on the road, one to a Miami team that's pretty darn good, but in the wrong division. The other to a Chiefs team where Brady had his worst game of the year. They MIGHT lose in Green Bay. Maybe. They could lose in San Diego, but I doubt it the way that defense is going. I think worst case absolute bar bottom New England finishes 11-5, and that's if the wheels come off. I think 12-4 is much more likely with 13-3 as a real option. They are going to be the home field team, and God help the rest of the conference if they are. They'll stroll thru the playoffs.

Since the loss to KC, Brady's passer rating is averaging at around 111. That's absurd. Even more absurd? They can do it on the ground too. 246 yards on 44 attempts against Indy. 220 on 46 carries against Cincy. If you are suspect through the air, they will beat you there. If you are suspect on the ground, they have absolutely no ego about going at you 40+ times in ground and pound. They adapt better than any team in the AFC right now, and it shows.

That's me as a guy who hates Belicheat and his sorry ass assistants. But he's owning it this year. I don't see them getting stopped until maybe the AFC championship, if that. I really think they are Super Bowl bound, and it would be a great matchup against whoever they play.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1180 on: November 24, 2014, 11:19:31 AM

I'd watch the shit out of a Patriots-Packers Superbowl

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1181 on: November 24, 2014, 12:13:23 PM

I'd watch the shit out of a Patriots-Packers Superbowl

Solid chance it would blow all Super Bowl ratings records away by a large margin.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1182 on: November 24, 2014, 12:22:13 PM

I don't think I could handle booing for the entire game.  That would be a good matchup, though.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1183 on: November 24, 2014, 12:24:00 PM

Whats scary about the Pats this year are two things: They can defend the pass and Gronk is healthy.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1184 on: November 24, 2014, 04:39:07 PM

I am all in for a 7-9 NFC south team going to the superbowl; getting hot at the right time and running through the playoffs ah la 2005 Steelers.  why so serious?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1185 on: November 24, 2014, 05:07:12 PM

There's a solid chance nobody is 7-9 in the NFC south.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1186 on: November 24, 2014, 05:26:17 PM

Falcons would need to win three out of: Arizona, @Green Bay, Steelers, @Saints, and Panthers; which is doable, but a bit of a stretch since those next four all look pretty iffy.

Saints would need to win two or three (depending on tonight's outcome) out of: @Steelers, Panthers, @Bears, Falcons, and @Buccaneers. Which *might* be doable. The Road games in Pittsburgh and Chicago won't be kind on the Saints though, two stadiums with all of that cold northern weather.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1187 on: November 24, 2014, 07:30:23 PM

All you have to say is that the BUCANEERS are still in the playoff hunt thanks to the shittiness of the NFC South. That should never happen.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1188 on: November 25, 2014, 02:41:45 AM

I'd love to see a 10+ loss team make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. awesome, for real
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1189 on: November 25, 2014, 05:28:22 AM

Falcons would need to win three out of: Arizona, @Green Bay, Steelers, @Saints, and Panthers; which is doable, but a bit of a stretch since those next four all look pretty iffy.

Saints would need to win two or three (depending on tonight's outcome) out of: @Steelers, Panthers, @Bears, Falcons, and @Buccaneers. Which *might* be doable. The Road games in Pittsburgh and Chicago won't be kind on the Saints though, two stadiums with all of that cold northern weather.

I'm forced to watch this division mess weekly. I can tell you with about 75% certainty that nobody is getting to 7 wins.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: