Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 07:43:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 382361 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1015 on: October 24, 2014, 05:37:16 AM

It is hard to see anyone besides Denver winning the SB this year.  Seattle, even in their current dimished state, is the only Peyton-kryptonite left in the NFL (and it is clear that gap has closed since the SB, I would probably put my dollar on the Broncos in a neutral setting), but it is hard to see them even making it to the big game at this point.  Any contending team has a puncher's chance, of course, but it takes a certain kind of defense to reliably beat that SOB, combined with an offense that is good enough to put 3 or 4 touchdowns on the board. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1016 on: October 24, 2014, 06:54:40 AM

He usually beats himself in the big games.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1017 on: October 24, 2014, 07:07:56 AM

Refs tend to back off a little in the playoffs and Super Bowl. They let them play a little more. Advantage Seattle or any team with a good defense.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1018 on: October 24, 2014, 08:07:02 AM

Denver's played two road games. They lost one and played against one of the most dysfunctional teams in the NFL in the other. Four of their next five are on the road. I think the tone will change a bit on Denver when they look bad in a few of those.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1019 on: October 24, 2014, 09:16:40 AM

I think not. Here's their remaining schedule:

@ New England
@ Oakland
@ St. Louis
Miami
@ Kansas City
Buffalo
@ San Diego
@ Cincinnati
Oakland

Toughest games on there are @ New England (whose defense is suspect with injuries and whose offensive line is pretty bad), @KC, @ San Diego and @ Cincy and Miami (depending on which Miami team shows up). They will win at least 2 of those. The rest? The Oakland games shouldn't even be competitive, St. Louis may be competitive but I don't see that being a loss. Buffalo may be competitive but I doubt it.

Their defense is FLYING. They are playing with the same ball-hunting mentality Seattle was playing with earlier in the year so they aren't missing many tackles. Their D line is just monstrous, blowing people away left and right. I expect they'll end the season with the best record.

Also, holy fuck is Ronnie Hillman fast. Like "How the fuck did he get past that guy and get downfield" fast. And he seems to have corrected his fumbling issues. If Ball comes back healthy, that's going to be a sick 1-2 running combo. It's the kind of thing that could easily finish off a game, something they struggled with last year and earlier but seem to have corrected. Of the 1 loss teams in the NFC, the only one I really have any faith in is Arizona and it's Arizona. I'm sure that faith will not be rewarded. Carson Palmer seems to be stitched together with staples and Frankenstein neck bolts.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1020 on: October 26, 2014, 01:46:42 PM

The NFC South is

Hot
Fucking
Garbage.

There needs to be a rule that a division forfeits their playoff spot if they don't finish above 8-8.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1021 on: October 26, 2014, 01:48:51 PM

I picked up the Miami defense for this week.  All I can say is "LOL". 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #1022 on: October 26, 2014, 02:15:24 PM

I played the Detroit D instead of Seattle. I wake up and it is 21-0 Atlanta.  awesome, for real

They got a few points late, but Seahawks were definitely the play. Anti-jinx ftw?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1023 on: October 26, 2014, 08:17:04 PM

Yahoo!

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1024 on: October 26, 2014, 09:10:12 PM

Fucking Saints look like shit until they face the shitty Packer's defense. Fuck this year.

NFC is so up in the air I don't know who to pick.

edit: I need to stop posting when drunk
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:32:44 AM by Mithas »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1025 on: October 26, 2014, 09:42:25 PM

Fucking Saints look like shit until they face the shitty Packer's defense. Fuck this year.

NfC is so up in the air I don't know who to pick.

Seattle is about your only choice... and they struggled to beat the powerhouse Carolina today.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1026 on: October 27, 2014, 12:35:21 AM

NfC is so up in the air I don't know who to pick.

Seattle is about your only choice... and they struggled to beat the powerhouse Carolina today.

You can't judge either team by that game, because it is almost literally the same exact game they have played three years in a row.  Seattle goes to Carolina each year, it is low scoring affair (this time more sloppiness than actual defensive struggle) and Seattle pulls it out in the fourth.  For three straight seasons.

Some of the offensive output this weekend...just ridiculous.  The NFL is seriously getting into parody territory here. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1027 on: October 27, 2014, 06:47:30 AM

Packers defense is the reason Detroit will win that division.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1028 on: October 27, 2014, 11:04:39 AM

I played the Detroit D instead of Seattle. I wake up and it is 21-0 Atlanta.  awesome, for real

They got a few points late, but Seahawks were definitely the play. Anti-jinx ftw?

That's ok, I played Indy instead of Seattle in my league.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #1029 on: October 27, 2014, 11:15:57 AM

Well I am going to the game this week against the hapless Raiders, so hedge your bets accordingly. I attended the only home loss last season.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1030 on: October 27, 2014, 11:17:20 AM

Well I am going to the game this week against the hapless Raiders, so hedge your bets accordingly. I attended the only home loss last season.

There's a .00005% chance that Seattle loses to the Raiders at home. You will likely be favored by 14.5 points.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1031 on: October 27, 2014, 11:21:40 AM

Fuck Russell Wilson. Seriously, fuck him in his ass. I don't start him last week and he would have given me the victory even though he lost to a shitty Rams team. Then I start his bitch ass this week and he shits the bed, also causing me to lose by a few points. FUCK RUSSELL WILSON. After I spent a week talking so good about him.

Fuck the Packers defense. Not only can they not stop the fucking run, they can't even get one goddamn turnover against a Saints offense that has been turnover happy and sputtering for fucking weeks. Then ARodge sprains his labia and throws two picks to an incredibly shitty Saints D, and barely targets Jordy Nelson at all. The Pack could quite literally miss the playoffs because of a loss like this to what is a garbage team. The entire NFC South should be relegated to the SEC. Fuck the refs in this game too, because the Saints benefited from a really shitty pass interference call on Davon House for a long gain when House really did not a fucking thing wrong. He didn't even block the receiver's path like the refs tried to say he did. He just ran with the receiver and he got called for it. It likely wouldn't have mattered but still.

Believe it or not, Arizona is real. I'm not sure they have enough to get to the Super Bowl, but they have enough to get to the playoffs and maybe win that division. Both they and the Eagles played sloppy as a .25 cent whore, but Arizona pulled it out with a fantastic big bomb and some pretty damn good defense. Considering how many defensive injuries they've had to deal with this year, the fact that their defense is still this good is a miracle of coaching. With both San Fran and Seattle competing to see who can underachieve the most this year, it is wide open for the Cardinals to win that division.

Fuck you, Baltimore. That was a pretty clear offensive pass interference call on Steve Smith and I'm glad they called it. And what the fuck, Indy? You make Pittsburgh look competent? WHY? LOL at the Chicago defense. You guys are so terrible, you had a pass rusher injure himself celebrating the one meaningless sack he had in the game after the game was already out of reach.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1032 on: October 27, 2014, 11:29:23 AM

Tampa's 1-6 and still has a legit shot at the NFC South.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:31:14 AM by Paelos »

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1033 on: October 27, 2014, 11:33:40 AM

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1034 on: October 27, 2014, 11:34:45 AM

You don't score, TIL YOU SCORE.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1035 on: October 27, 2014, 11:43:07 AM

So Lamarr Houston is out for the year after tearing his ACL celebrating a sack on Brady when his team was down by 25 points in the 4th quarter.  swamp poop

Over and out.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1036 on: October 27, 2014, 11:45:26 AM

Indy and Pittsburgh were playing the 'who can play defense the least' game. Seriously... I hate being subjected to Steelers football all the time, and when shit like yesterday happens, all the crows on the rooftops start crowing about how they'll win it all this year because Big Ben is is awesome. It helps when you play against a team without a defensive scheme.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1037 on: October 27, 2014, 11:48:27 AM

So Lamarr Houston is out for the year after tearing his ACL celebrating a sack on Brady when his team was down by 25 points in the 4th quarter.  swamp poop

That's the second sack celebration, season ending injury of the year.  This season is a karmic masterpiece.

edit: It gets better.  He got injured doing the same move as Tulloch.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 01:39:30 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #1038 on: October 27, 2014, 12:53:10 PM

So Lamarr Houston is out for the year after tearing his ACL celebrating a sack on Brady when his team was down by 25 points in the 4th quarter.  swamp poop

It wasn't even on Brady...it was on his backup.

Wonder if any teams are going to start writing contracts that don't pay if you injure yourself doing something after the play. These fucking retards don't deserve a nickel after doing shit like this.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1039 on: October 27, 2014, 01:10:54 PM

I forgot that I really needed to laugh at both Geno Smith for throwing 3 INT's in the FIRST FUCKING QUARTER and then Michael Vick for continuing to show why paying him money to be a backup is no better than burning the money in a bonfire. TURNOVER MACHINES!

WayAbvPar

Reply #1040 on: October 27, 2014, 01:28:50 PM

Rex Ryan or Mike Smith out first?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1041 on: October 27, 2014, 01:35:09 PM

Rex Ryan.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1042 on: October 27, 2014, 01:42:08 PM

Rex Ryan or Mike Smith out first?

Rex, and I'll tell you why. Arthur Blank can't admit failure mid-season with a stadium and PSL's hanging in the balance only down a game and a half in the division. He at least has to pretend everything is fine.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1043 on: October 27, 2014, 01:50:13 PM

I don't think anything can really turn things around in Atlanta this year.  They put the 'offensive' in offensive line.  Matt Ryan is just getting murdered.

Over and out.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1044 on: October 27, 2014, 01:52:23 PM

I don't think anything can really turn things around in Atlanta this year.  They put the 'offensive' in offensive line.  Matt Ryan is just getting murdered.

A guy from bleacher report actually had the balls to write an article about how Matt isn't as good as he once was, and might be the problem on the Falcons.

I wanted to reach through the screen at the guy and yell HAVE YOU SEEN THE MISMATCHED PAIRS OF SOCKS THEY CALL AN OFFENSIVE LINE?

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1045 on: October 27, 2014, 01:55:06 PM

Rex definitely.

Although, I am thinking of picking up Vick for fantasy purposes.  He's going to scramble all day forever.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1046 on: October 27, 2014, 02:59:25 PM

His INT's will kill any points you'd get for him.

But yes, Rex Ryan. How that fat fuck still has a job the last two years, I don't even know. Same goes for their new GM, who also seems to be all levels of clownshoes. I think I've waited long enough to declare Geno Smith an utter and complete bust. 3 picks in the first goddamn quarter? I know the team sucks and all, but there's more than ample evidence that better receivers would not help him. They have a decent running game - Ivory is better than that team deserves, and while Chris Johnson may be done as a #1 back, he ain't a bad change of pace. Geno Smith is just terribad.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1047 on: October 27, 2014, 03:46:51 PM

Geno was a second round draft pick in one of the worst QB drafts ever. Only Mike Glennon has a shot of being worth a damn between him, Geno, EJ Manuel, and Matt Barkley.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1048 on: October 27, 2014, 08:24:13 PM

Well Cowboy's season is over.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1049 on: October 27, 2014, 08:30:34 PM

Brandon Weeden vs Colt McCoy. My god.... It's full of stars!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: