Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 08:53:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 385359 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #980 on: October 14, 2014, 03:41:43 PM

Heh I laughed.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #981 on: October 14, 2014, 06:36:39 PM

So. So. Wrong.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #982 on: October 17, 2014, 10:03:25 AM

Any Washington fans with insight into the future of RG III?  I have him in a dynasty fantasy league where we start 2 QBs... and I also have Luck and P Manning.  QBs are hard to gather.  I'm trying to decide whether to hold RG III for when Manning retires, or trade him to get a RB that is not so pathetic it makes me cry (Sproles, Asiata, Richardson and Storm are my most playable RBs). 

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #983 on: October 17, 2014, 10:04:25 AM

Dump him. He might have a good year or two, but by the time he does, he's going to be so battered from all the hits he'll take that he won't have anything like a long career.

EDIT: Or think about whether you'd want to take Michael Vick today or not. Because minus the dogfighting conviction, that's where RGIII is headed.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #984 on: October 17, 2014, 10:06:31 AM

Dump him. He might have a good year or two, but by the time he does, he's going to be so battered from all the hits he'll take that he won't have anything like a long career.

EDIT: Or think about whether you'd want to take Michael Vick today or not. Because minus the dogfighting conviction, that's where RGIII is headed.

I agree with Haemish.  RGIII will only decrease over time.  Get value for him while you can.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #985 on: October 17, 2014, 10:11:33 AM

Is your season lost already?  If not, then absolutely swap him for a playable RB.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #986 on: October 17, 2014, 02:24:24 PM

So you folks are under the belief that by the time Peyton retires, he'll hold no value?  That means his first season was fluke and everything since (weaker performances, injury) are his only future?  Would it change your mind, and would you think it wiser to hold him if I said getting your hands on a starting QB is going to be very hard - there are nearly 50 rostered QBs....

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #987 on: October 17, 2014, 02:34:26 PM

Can you package him with something else to get you a serviceable QB for now with eyes on the draft next year?

Also in other news, apparently the Seahawks have traded Percy Harvin to the Jets. No other outlets going with it yet other than Jay Glazer.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #988 on: October 17, 2014, 02:34:40 PM

Yes, I think his first season was his ceiling. I don't think he's going to have too many more good (or even complete) seasons. He hasn't learned to slide, he hasn't learned to read defenses. Most QB's, I don't write them off until their 4th season. He however, takes too many stupid hits and will have too many injuries - just like Vick. He's probably going to be more like Vince Young honestly. By the time Peyton retires, I'd think there'd be somebody you could pick up that would give you better performance than RGIII will. Maybe Kirk Cousins.  why so serious?

WayAbvPar

Reply #989 on: October 17, 2014, 03:10:48 PM

Harvin to the Jets. I am actually happy about this. He wasn't doing shit, and the huge investment in him made them try to shoehorn him into the game plan WAY too much. Good riddance.

Sorry Percy- should have been productive and less of a shithead and you could have stayed where pot is legal.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #990 on: October 17, 2014, 03:48:45 PM

I'm sure he'll fit in nicely with the Jet's 2 QB wildcat/fake pass sets that they seem to love running. Michael Vick as a WR, sure! Put Harvin in the shotgun with Geno and Vick split behind him, why not!

Seriously, this isn't the guy the jets needed. Chris Ivory looked like a legitimate #1 back on thursday, and Decker is a fine #2 WR. They don't need another gadget player.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #991 on: October 18, 2014, 01:45:02 AM

Harvin to the Jets. I am actually happy about this. He wasn't doing shit, and the huge investment in him made them try to shoehorn him into the game plan WAY too much. Good riddance.

Sorry Percy- should have been productive and less of a shithead and you could have stayed where pot is legal.

Personally, I think Harvin's lack of production is 100% Bevell's fault (when he's healthy, that is).  This is a guy that is legitimately one of the most dangerous and difficult to plan for players in the NFL, and Bevell has totally screwed the pooch.  They should have been able to make this work better.

That said, I get it from a long-term business perspective.  Not like they would have been able to keep him next year anyway.  Still, they have a relatively small window to try to win another SB...maybe this year and next.  This feels like giving up.

Edited to add:  of course, there are other dimensions to this we probably won't hear about.  He is known to be a problem in the locker room, for one thing.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:17:33 AM by Cyrrex »

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #992 on: October 18, 2014, 09:27:20 AM

He's also a delicate little flower that can't stay healthy.  And when he is healthy, here come the migraines!  

I don't know why anyone would pay this guy the type of money they gave him.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #993 on: October 18, 2014, 09:50:10 AM

Edited to add:  of course, there are other dimensions to this we probably won't hear about.  He is known to be a problem in the locker room, for one thing.
Like fighting Tate and giving him a black eye before the Super Bowl.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #994 on: October 18, 2014, 09:54:47 AM

It gives the Jets a playmaker they will criminally under use and takes gadget plays away from an offense that doesn't need them. WIN WIN!

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #995 on: October 19, 2014, 12:45:28 PM

As I said, the Rams are shitty.

Maybe, but their special teams sure can act.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #996 on: October 19, 2014, 01:59:25 PM

Balls of steel.  They still have to run out the clock, but that was the kind of play that if it failed, people would be calling for Fisher's head.

Over and out.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #997 on: October 19, 2014, 01:59:56 PM

Nice fumble awesome, for real
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #998 on: October 19, 2014, 02:03:59 PM

Over and out.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #999 on: October 19, 2014, 02:07:05 PM

Heh Seahawks. Dynasty and shit, AMIRITE?

WayAbvPar

Reply #1000 on: October 19, 2014, 02:17:50 PM

3rd or 4th string tight end, 3rd or 4th string CBs, no fullback. Also completely outcoached. Embarrassing.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1001 on: October 20, 2014, 07:22:34 AM

Analysts probably do it every year, but I was so sick of everyone already putting them in the Super Bowl again that it has caused me to root against Seattle in every game.

I also hate Jim Harbaugh so ha ha 49ers.

The Bears are in serious trouble.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1002 on: October 20, 2014, 07:58:30 AM

Analysts probably do it every year, but I was so sick of everyone already putting them in the Super Bowl again that it has caused me to root against Seattle in every game.

I also hate Jim Harbaugh so ha ha 49ers.

The Bears are in serious trouble.

I love how that game was over for everyone after Peyton go the record.  Even 49ers were like, "Ya, we're good, we can go now".
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1003 on: October 20, 2014, 08:16:00 AM

When Peyton threw that second TD down the seam to Thomas, that was a statement piece.  Manning is just playing a different game than most QBs in the league.  He could easily recognize the gap between the safeties and exploit it with an easy throw that his receiver could run to.  It was beautiful. 

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1004 on: October 20, 2014, 11:11:55 AM

Ok, well fuck it. I am not betting on anybody this season because nothing makes sense. Seattle pisses down their leg against the fucking RAMS for fuck's sake and the Arizona Cardinals are looking like a lock to win the NFC West. The NFC South is a burning garbage scow floating down the Mississippi that can neither protect a lead or score consistently. The goddamn COWBOYS are the #1 team in the fucking league and that's just not right. The Bengals get blanked by the Colts who weren't supposed to have a defense and the Bungles are doing everything they can to hand Baltimore the division until Steve Smith gets hurt and Flacco no longer has anyone to throw to (or cheer in fight fights).

I retract that. I would bet on Peyton. That's about it. Nothing else is working out as expected. I still think the Cowboys haven't really been tested even though they beat Seattle because... Rams. The 49ers offensive line is just utterly broken and their defense isn't far behind it in injuries. With as many playmakers as they have in the Niners offense, there was no excuse for Kap to be running for his life like that. Eli was getting just as much pressure with a less broken but equally shitty O line.

LOLWorthy teams of the weekend: Seattle, Bungles, BROWNS (seriously, to the JAGS?Huh - couldn't take the pressure of people liking you could you?), the entire NFC South, Chicago, Tennessee, Washington (Colt McCoy? It's come to COLT MCCOY?), the Jets for trading for Percy Harvin (because the Jets aren't a circus enough) and to Monday Night Football for a shitty matchup no one should have to watch.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1005 on: October 20, 2014, 11:23:54 AM

Ok, well fuck it. I am not betting on anybody this season because nothing makes sense.

So THIS is why we didn't have a pick-em league this year?  I get it now.

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1006 on: October 20, 2014, 12:28:58 PM

I forgot to mention FUCK ANDRE ELLINGTON. That bastard's points beat me in both the f13 leagues.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1007 on: October 20, 2014, 04:12:49 PM

Apparently the hawks tried to trade Harvin for Orange Julius. For some reason Denver said no.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1008 on: October 20, 2014, 04:16:47 PM

I can't imagine why they would do that.  why so serious?

They also tried to get Jordan Cameron from the Browns. You know you're a locker room cancer when the goddamn Browns won't even take you.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1009 on: October 20, 2014, 07:51:54 PM

Texans doing their best impersonation of the Hindenburg.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1010 on: October 21, 2014, 05:30:42 AM

Felt good about my Houston bet, went to bed around 9:30. Woke up to  ACK!

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1011 on: October 22, 2014, 07:13:16 AM

. The Bengals get blanked by the Colts who weren't supposed to have a defense and the Bungles are doing everything they can to hand Baltimore the division until Steve Smith gets hurt and Flacco no longer has anyone to throw to (or cheer in fight fights).

I've said before that Cincinnati wants to lose. It's in the culture, they can't do anything but lose. Good players will come on the team and buy-in to the loser culture and here we are.  It'd take a rebranding or the death of all the front office to change that. Since Mike's handing the team over to the family, who are already major portions of the FO, don't count on this ever changing.  1990 was a fluke and the last season Paul Brown was around to influence anything.  While Mike's only had on-paper control since 2011 he was defacto majority for the last 18 years.

In short; never count on the Bengals to do anything but fail. Even if the rest of the division is terrible.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1012 on: October 22, 2014, 07:18:58 AM

Best teams in the league right now are Dallas, San Diego, Denver, and honestly I think Indy is pulling it together well.

Next tier down in the hunt is Philly, Detroit, Arizona, Seattle, and Baltimore.

I'll change my last week's power rankings by moving Baltimore into the best teams list to round out that top 5.

Dallas, Denver, Indy, San Diego, and Baltimore.

Next tier is Philly, Detroit, Arizona, Patriots, and Green Bay.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1013 on: October 22, 2014, 11:30:12 AM

Of all those teams you listed, I have confidence in exactly one of them: Denver. And that confidence only extends to the playoffs, not a Super Bowl. The rest? They all have at least one Achilles Heel that either has not shown up yet or that they've been able to keep in check. Things like Romo's INT problem or Dallas's suspect defense that seems to be playing above its level, Indy's lack of a running game and defense that is playing above its level, Philly's O line, Green Bay's run defense especially against the read option, Baltimore having Joe Flacco at QB and no consistent wideout beyond Methuselah Smith, San Diego's tendency to choke at the big game, Arizona's QB situation being one pinched nerve away from undrafted rookie QB, Matt Stafford's INT problem, the Patriots wideout problem and patchwork O line and defense. It feels like all of these teams are 1 or 2 injuries away from mediocrity or total collapse, and some of them wouldn't even have to be big name injuries.

Hell, I'm not even sure about Denver's ability to beat a great defense or to stop a good offense thanks to the performance in last year's Super Bowl.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1014 on: October 22, 2014, 02:04:27 PM

Everybody is flawed in the NFL this year. Everyone.

That's what makes this year so much better than prior years. Last year we all basically named the Super Bowl in Week 7, and it happened exactly. This year? No way in Hell anybody can do that.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: