Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:02:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 382379 times)
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #770 on: September 16, 2014, 01:06:44 PM

yeah just came to edit, sounds like its from july, he just plead guilty today.

F'n twitter

Professional Forum Lurker.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #771 on: September 16, 2014, 01:07:07 PM

Ah... the NFL.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #772 on: September 16, 2014, 01:16:31 PM

So he's totally done now, right?
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #773 on: September 16, 2014, 01:17:13 PM

No I read something saying that he plead guilty because he could get in before the new drug policy kicked in, saving him 2 games.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #774 on: September 16, 2014, 01:24:06 PM

Dammit, you're right.  I'm done with this anyway, he's off the fantasy team.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #775 on: September 16, 2014, 01:27:08 PM

The Vikings are such hypocritical bastards. It's like they believe they have a chance in hell of going anywhere if they play AP.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #776 on: September 16, 2014, 01:43:33 PM

There's a story out now about AP hitting one another one of his 4 year olds.  Just slapped the kid while he was in his car seat.  Bad enough that the mom asked "what the hell happened to his head?".

How many random kids does this guy have? I guess he really hates condoms and loves paying child support.  

-Rasix
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #777 on: September 16, 2014, 01:44:25 PM

7 I think, all with different mothers or something.

Over and out.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #778 on: September 16, 2014, 01:44:44 PM

Yeah the Vikings said they knew about that report too, but since he never was charged, they disregarded it.

edit: previous post had the number
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #779 on: September 16, 2014, 01:45:16 PM

The best comment I heard out of the Vikings was that he's a good father.

To which fucking family exactly? The asshole is setting up franchises.

Rasix

Reply #780 on: September 16, 2014, 01:46:50 PM

Shawn Kemp sold him some time shares. 

"Lady, if I hold up this kid to the phone, can you tell me if he's yours?"

-Rasix
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #781 on: September 16, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

He actually had 8, until the one was killed last year. He didn't even know it was his until 2 months before he died, and never went to see him at all.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #782 on: September 16, 2014, 01:50:50 PM

He actually had 8, until the one was killed last year. He didn't even know it was his until 2 months before he died, and never went to see him at all.

Normally I don't give a shit about athletes and their stupid off the field stuff, but he's pushing buttons you just can't push. Having a kid with a woman, whatever. I mean he's got like two four year olds. This shit was happening in the same year.

Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #783 on: September 16, 2014, 01:59:29 PM

they are all a bunch of douchebags. I love Robert Kraft. "I would never have Ray rice on my team" or some such shit like that.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000253011/Mayweather-shares-a-moment-with-Kraft

I guess he just likes to be choosy about what wife beaters he likes to pal around with.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #784 on: September 16, 2014, 02:00:34 PM

The Vikings have actually cut 3 different players in the past for domestic violence or DUI's. The difference being that they were all lower tier players.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #785 on: September 16, 2014, 02:24:06 PM

The Vikings have actually cut 3 different players in the past for domestic violence or DUI's. The difference being that they were all lower tier players.

Exactly. Thus the hypocrisy. I can understand if you're a dollar driven business. I can't understand you picking and choosing how to police people.

There are some things where people get a pass because they are great. If you're doing a curfew, I imagine they aren't knocking on AP's door the night before a game. If he shows up to a practice late, I don't think he's going to be given the same shit as a rookie. You earn some leeway.

You don't earn leeway on beating a kid, or in this case a couple of kids. You never earned that right, because nobody can.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #786 on: September 17, 2014, 03:30:47 AM

Well, they de-activated him, apparently until such time as the situation is resolved (not sure exactly what that means).  I've no doubt that this isn't an actual change-of-heart, but rather a response to the backlash they've received and the dropped sponsorships.  It's amazing how oblivious these organizations are.  I mean, in a lot of respects I agree with the idea of letting due process take its course and in a perfect world we wouldn't just rush to judgement.  But even so, any fool can see how the world was going to react to re-instating Adrian Peterson, whether warranted or not.

Whatever, it was the correct move in the end. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #787 on: September 17, 2014, 05:06:27 AM

I think the difference here is that he fully admits he did it. Also, it is a kid rather than an adult. I'm not sure what the Vikings were expecting on this one. They should have let him sit for 4 games (the max a team can do without the NFLPA stepping in) and then they could have deflected any other criticism because they did everything they could do. Now Peterson will probably file suit much like Rice will. Bad few weeks for the NFL. They look REALLY bad.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #788 on: September 17, 2014, 06:35:41 AM

Good article on Business Insider about the economic benefits to the Vikings if they outright cut AP.  The bottom line is that he has already been paid his guaranteed money so why pay him $11 million for this year if he isn't going to play?

I have never played WoW.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #789 on: September 17, 2014, 10:57:21 PM

He's 29 or going to turn 29 relatively soon.  His decline has probably already started.  Given that, it might not be all that strange to see him get cut, even if it is mind-blowing in other ways.

Wouldn't it be funny if he ended up a Cowboy next year?  Maybe Jerry orchestrated the whole thing.  It'll probably make Demarco Murray so mad that he'll, I don't know, slap his lady around.

Also, another RB - Jonathan Dwyer from the Cardinals - arrested.  Promptly de-activated once Cardinals management looked at his stats and determine there would be no dropoff realized the seriousness of the issue.  This charge stemmed from an incident back in July.  Seems like everything is coming out of the woodworks now...journalists working overtime to capitalize on this wave.

Is it something about the Running Back position? 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rasix

Reply #790 on: September 17, 2014, 11:05:48 PM

You get hit in the head a lot.  Also, you've probably had no real responsibility or schooling since some older dudes found out how fast you could run and how strong you are. 

-Rasix
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #791 on: September 17, 2014, 11:33:04 PM

You get hit in the head a lot.  Also, you've probably had no real responsibility or schooling since some older dudes found out how fast you could run and how strong you are. 

Also you are most likely black.  I'm sorry but I doubt Peyton Manning or Tom Brady would be deactivated so quickly even in the current atmosphere. 
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #792 on: September 18, 2014, 12:01:51 AM

In normal circumstances, I'd agree with that.  With what is going on these days?  If it came out that Peyton was whipping litle Timmy at home or Tom Brady was touching kids in their bathing suit areas, we would jump over it and heads would roll.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #793 on: September 18, 2014, 07:09:47 PM

Tampa is beyond awful. A lot of people had them making the playoffs this year. They may be worse than the Giants. Who knew Devin Hester had anything left?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #794 on: September 18, 2014, 07:41:17 PM

Tampa is beyond awful. A lot of people had them making the playoffs this year. They may be worse than the Giants. Who knew Devin Hester had anything left?

Falcons fans will overreact to this game, thinking they are amazing. Then they'll lose their next game on the road.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #795 on: September 18, 2014, 07:46:12 PM

More proof of the superior quality of Thursday night games.

Over and out.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #796 on: September 18, 2014, 08:00:22 PM

More proof of the superior quality of Thursday night games.

Home teams have outscored visitors 118-22 on Thursday nights this year.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #797 on: September 19, 2014, 08:00:32 AM

The Thursday night games are an almost total fucking waste of time. About half of the games are total scrub games, the rest are divisional games but with lots of shit matchups like next week's Washington vs. the Giants or Tennesse vs. Jacksonville (last Thursday night game of the season -  swamp poop ). I think adding it on Thursdays every week of the year is another of the NFL's overreaches.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #798 on: September 19, 2014, 08:59:40 AM

The Thursday night games are an almost total fucking waste of time. About half of the games are total scrub games, the rest are divisional games but with lots of shit matchups like next week's Washington vs. the Giants or Tennesse vs. Jacksonville (last Thursday night game of the season -  swamp poop ). I think adding it on Thursdays every week of the year is another of the NFL's overreaches.

It's a good way to attract sponsors that can't afford the Sunday/Monday advertising rate. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #799 on: September 19, 2014, 10:41:25 AM

Julioooooooooooooo

WayAbvPar

Reply #800 on: September 21, 2014, 05:56:43 PM

Wow what a game. I bet the CBS execs were jizzing in their shorts during the 2nd half. Had to be a shitton of people watching that, especially with the staggered late start.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #801 on: September 22, 2014, 02:28:12 AM

Adrian Peterson now saying via twitter that he is willing to taking a lie detector test.  Um, good for you Adrian?  To prove that you are telling the truth?  We already believe you are telling the truth, that's not the problem.  In a way I feel bad for him, because he earnestly believes that he is in the right and that all he has to do is keep quoting God or something.  He comes across as being both oblivious and possibly downright fuckstupid.

Ray Rice is saying there is an extended version of the footage in the elevator.  There are also some (sorta tinfoily) things about Janay Rice being heavily on bath salts when it happened.  I guess I am willing to believe that she was crazy out of her mind and being aggressive, maybe even took a swing.  Still don't matter, you can't Buster Douglas your girlfriend like that.

I also got the displeasure of watching the Eagles and Redskins have a contest to see whose defense could be out on the field longer.  Looking at the stat line, both Cousins and Foles played just super duper, but I can tell you that it is a fucking lie.  They are both sloppy as shit and succeed primarily because nobody is trying to prevent them from doing so.  Foles makes some bad decisions and manages to get away with it.  Cousins succeeds by virtue of not being RG3 and somehow nobody seems to be prepared for that.  That said, he is a better QB than RG3 right now and based on what I saw yesterday, and there is no reason that Washington can't also challenge for the title in this crappy division.  They are putting up points if nothing else.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #802 on: September 22, 2014, 08:19:37 AM

What the fuck has happened to the Packers? They can't even put up a credible offensive performance against any defense that is halfway competent now? I didn't get to see the game so I can't diagnose the issue - surely the offensive line can't be this bad without Bulaga (don't know if he started or not). All I know is they played a winnable game and their defense didn't even give up a padding TD but their offense couldn't muster more than one touchdown. ... the fuck?

Denver/Seattle - What a game. Fuck the refs, somehow they threw a flag on a critical 3rd down on a CLEAR offsides call, then picked up the flag because... reasons? The penalty would have given the Broncos a 1st down in the 4th quarter while driving to try to make up the score. It ended up not mattering at all though it could have been huge and I'm not even sure what game the refs were watching to pick up that flag. At least we know two things besides the refs suck ass: 1) the Broncos are better than they were and the Seahawks aren't as dominant defensively and 2) Russell Wilson is the real fucking deal. That was a calm, confident drive that he led and extended with his scrambling ability and some really good throws. Also, the Broncos defense waited until overtime to collapse this game, so PROGRESS!

Oh Browns. Way to lose a winnable game. Something is utterly wrong with the Patriots when they can only put up 16 points against Oakland, who are pitiful. See the Packers discussion above, only double down on it because Brady should have been able to curbstomp the Raiders.

No, sport pundits, Cincinnati is not even close to being the best team in the AFC. Wake the fuck up. They demolished a shitty Titans team, beat an Atlanta team at home that is not as good as their record indicates especially on the road and beat the Ravens team who almost lost to CLEVELAND. This is still a team that has collapses spectacularly in the playoffs the last 3 years. That said, there's no reason they can't run away with this division. The Saints aren't especially good, the Vikings defensive line spent most of the game being a turnstile. Kirk Cousins is a better QB than RGIII and probably will be from now on since Griffin's legs seem to be made of frozen, brittle taffy. Both Philly and Washington's defenses are shit but then so is everyone else in that division. At least Foles isn't throwing a ton of INT's, which is the thing that's going to keep the Giants and Cowboys out of the playoffs.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #803 on: September 22, 2014, 08:26:02 AM

The Packers looked awful. The defense actually managed to hold their own and they were practically handed the game from Stafford. Their offense never got anything going. Every play was a run, or a short pass. Rodgers was running for his life on most of them.

So the running game isn't working, so I know, we'll KEEP FUCKING RUNNING. You have arguably the best QB in the league and you are going to keep doing these stupid delayed draw plays over, and over, and over. The playcalling was dumbfounding. The offense just looks lackluster so far this year and if they don't turn things around, they will beat the Vikings out for bottom of the division.

Denver could have won that game. Play them again in the Super Bowl, they just might. Seattle is legit, but they aren't flawless. Seattle's game plan appears to be run, and if not then roll Russell Wilson out so he can throw to a receiver coming across the field. Someone is going to be able to stop that eventually. It might just be Arizona. They look pretty damn good.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:31:05 AM by Mithas »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #804 on: September 22, 2014, 08:29:32 AM

Arizona is legit - the fact they've won 2 in a row with Drew Fucking Stanton at QB should tell you that. Also, I think I'm going to agree with Paelos about San Fran, I don't think they make the playoffs this year. Kap is getting exposed for his lack of good decision making and Frank Gore's age may finally be showing.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: