Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 07:52:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 382364 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #735 on: September 14, 2014, 09:02:28 PM

What the hell just happened? Stat they just showed for Bears trailing by 16+ all time: 3-144-1

I have Cutler in my Fantasy league. Matched up against Payton week 1 and Brady week 2. Won both match-ups.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #736 on: September 14, 2014, 11:17:47 PM

DA BEARS awesome, for real

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #737 on: September 14, 2014, 11:18:27 PM

Yeah, tell me about it.  I have Drew Brees.  Or Bizarro Drew Brees.  He is stinking it up so far this year.  I'm hoping it is just road game woes.

But Cutler will probably have his best fantasy year ever.  

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #738 on: September 14, 2014, 11:20:34 PM

Also, looking at the stat line in the Seattle game, what the hell?  How come Harvin only gets the ball like 2 or 3 times?  Dude needs to have the ball in his hand 10 times a game, and faked to at least as many times.  In fact, all their numbers look weird.  It looks like a very effective offense that only played half a game.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #739 on: September 15, 2014, 06:06:38 AM

How come Brees didn't target Colston at all, eh?  Best of both your last two posts.

E: RG3, Desean Jackson, A J Green, Jamaal Charles, etc.  What's the injury count up to now?
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #740 on: September 15, 2014, 06:10:04 AM

Well, some are saying Colston is getting old/slow, and I seem to remember him having a few ugly drops last week.  But if it was zero targets, that's amazing.  Saints really do stink on the road.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #741 on: September 15, 2014, 08:32:15 AM

Heh Kaep happened. SF is going to miss the playoffs this year. I'm sticking with that opinion.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #742 on: September 15, 2014, 09:21:40 AM

The LOLTastic Flag Football league rumbles on!

So yeah, RGIII's ankles are fucked. He never really came back from the issues in the first season. Does anyone think he'll come back right after turning his ankle into laffy taffy? Fuck that shit looked like it hurt. I've been on the Kirk Cousins bandwagon but let's not get ahead of ourselves with playoffs. (Cue Jim Mora "PLAYOFFS?!!!!") This was against the Jags who are apparently just fucking awful.

Oh New Orleans. Colston might have gotten one target. I fell asleep during the 3rd quarter. They really weren't playing all that well. You want to know what Drew Brees is missing. DARREN SPROLES. Who the fuck decided to get rid of him? Behind Graham, he was your second best offensive weapon. Nobody on that team can catch the ball out of the backfield and skeddadle like Sproles. Not sure what the excuse for the defense is but they are pretty terrible. As for the Browns, their wideouts don't stink and Hoyer has some talent, West seems a good RB and both their O and D lines are good. Their defensive backfield has some skills as well. I'm not sure it can all come together for a playoff run but they aren't as bad as you think. With the AFC North being what it is, they could finish behind Cincy in the division and MAYBE get in the playoffs as a wild card.

Kansas City, however, just isn't the same team. Their defense isn't the same, their offense is slow and boring and if Charles is gone, it gets worse. Diggs didn't do bad running the ball but he's not Charles - not that they were using Charles enough. Denver, however, has got to be concerned about their second half. 2 straight games they've let teams come back in games that they should have shut down. And worse, their offense just stops moving in the 3rd quarter. Maybe it'll improve when Darth Helmet gets back on the field but if it does, you have to be worried about his durability. Maybe they just aren't making adjustments at halftime quickly enough.

Oh San Francisco - losing to the Bears like that is what you get for moving your stadium so far from San Francisco. You shouldn't be able to call yourself by a city name if your stadium is an hour from the city. You just shouldn't. Not that they are alone in that sort of suburban "get away from the darkies and poors" strategy but fuck them. Also, I'm really starting to dislike Kap. Unlike Russell Wilson, I think we may have seen his ceiling. His reads aren't great and without his feet, he's going to be more Mark Sanchez than Drew Brees. He also still takes way too many chances when running. Slide, bitch, slide. As for the Bears, way to look terrible for 3 quarters. Let's face it though, Kap handed them that game with 2 really shitty picks. Granted, the Bears were busy trying to hand it to the Niners with blocked punts and bad play but still. No excuse for a defense that good to get beat by the same receiver for TD's three fucking times in the 4th quarter. Just no excuse. Also, fuck the NFL "emphasis on particular penalties" right in its goddamn earhole. This game was fucking unwatchable. Is it 3rd down and a pass play? Welp, better fast forward because we aren't going to see a nice catch, it's YELLOW, 5 YARDS, AUTOMATIC FIRST DOWN!!!! Oh look, a dude got his fingers on someone's shoulder pad and did nothing to change his direction? HOLDING!!!! There should be no excuse for as many delay of game penalties as both sides took, however. And the Niner that tattooed Cutler's sternum with the crown of his helmet should expect a fine.

Packers spotted Rex Ryan 21 points before they started playing. Marty Morningwood forgets he's not a head coach anymore and calls a timeout, which costs his team a TD. GO JETS!

All the NFL fans with AP jerseys - go fuck yourselves with a tree branch. ... the fuck?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #743 on: September 15, 2014, 09:28:15 AM

So I just saw that Minnesota reinstated Peterson because he's by far the best player on the team while he gets his "due process".  Ohhhhh, I see.

Over and out.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #744 on: September 15, 2014, 09:29:40 AM

They must not have read Jed York's press release on Ray McDonald until the after the game. Then they smacked their foreheads and went, "Shit, you mean we can just ignore public reactions? FUCK!"

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #745 on: September 15, 2014, 09:32:22 AM

He will get a standing ovation the next time they play in MN.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #746 on: September 15, 2014, 10:06:19 AM

He will get a standing ovation the next time they play in MN.

Absolutely he will. The average sports fan will do any kind of rationalization they need to do for wins on the field.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #747 on: September 15, 2014, 10:30:51 AM

I'm just hoping they don't go for the free belt/large ruler promotion.  That might be a bit tone deaf.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #748 on: September 15, 2014, 10:41:09 AM

I'm just hoping they don't go for the free belt/large ruler promotion.  That might be a bit tone deaf.

There will be people there with hickory switches. Deadspin and ESPN will find them. It's inevitable, so I don't want people to be like OH MAN LOOK THERE'S PEOPLE THERE BEING ASSHOLES.

At this point, I think they are doing it because they know they'll get in national news as much as they are just being dicks.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #749 on: September 15, 2014, 11:32:29 AM

On Jamaal Charles, last year was a massive outlier and the fantasy squids swallowed the hook.  Last year he had 12 rush TDs and 7 receiving TDs.  The year before he had 5 and 1.  The years prior to 2012 weren't much different. I didn't have the chance to draft him in either of my leagues so take this with a grain of salt but I was skeptical.

RG3's career is officially middling now.  Michael Vick will look better.

And fuck NFL.com.  I used to reliably go to the site on Mondays and watch a great sample of Sunday highlights while I ate lunch.  The NFL Now bullshit just shows me an empty loading screen for hours.  I am sure if I pay $1.99 a month it will work wonderfully.  Fuck you NFL.  I am going to ESPN for highlights now.

I have never played WoW.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #750 on: September 15, 2014, 12:24:44 PM

And fuck NFL.com.  I used to reliably go to the site on Mondays and watch a great sample of Sunday highlights while I ate lunch.  The NFL Now bullshit just shows me an empty loading screen for hours.  I am sure if I pay $1.99 a month it will work wonderfully.  Fuck you NFL.  I am going to ESPN for highlights now.

Is espn really any better with all their "insiders" only pay bullshit? 

And just  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS on Jets losing in interesting fashion every week, they always deliver. 
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #751 on: September 15, 2014, 01:05:02 PM

Oh San Francisco - losing to the Bears like that is what you get for moving your stadium so far from San Francisco. You shouldn't be able to call yourself by a city name if your stadium is an hour from the city. You just shouldn't. Not that they are alone in that sort of suburban "get away from the darkies and poors" strategy but fuck them.

And then they still show a fuckton of shots of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge during the game. Presumably because there's fuckall to see in Santa Clara other than parking lots and Great America.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #752 on: September 15, 2014, 01:40:03 PM

Yeah, they did that. At least the announcers made it clear how far the stadium was from said landmarks but I'm really sick of sports teams going all white flight but wanting to keep the branding. Fuck you, you want the name, be a part of the fucking community, assholes.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #753 on: September 15, 2014, 02:07:47 PM

Not knowing anything about why they decided to build the new stadium so far away but having visited San Fransisico, I would have thought the biggest issue would be the limited amount of real estate in the actual city.

Over and out.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #754 on: September 15, 2014, 03:25:54 PM

Not knowing anything about why they decided to build the new stadium so far away but having visited San Fransisico, I would have thought the biggest issue would be the limited amount of real estate in the actual city.

I believe earlier plans were to build it where Candlestick is, and would have been part of a plan for SF to make a bid to host the 2016 Olympics. The Yorks eventually gave some excuses about parking and traffic, but really it did just seem like them not wanting to be at Hunter's Point, which out of SF neighborhoods has the highest percentage of African-Americans (white people make up about 12% of the population there).
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #755 on: September 15, 2014, 04:38:01 PM

They just wanted more tax breaks and free money. SF wasn't about to give them the kind of deals other teams have been getting to build a new stadium. It didn't have much to do with being in HP especially considering that area is on the fast track to gentrification.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #756 on: September 15, 2014, 08:43:03 PM

I'm not sure that fast track is the word I'd use, and keep in mind that they made the decision to go to Santa Clara way back at the end of 2006.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #757 on: September 15, 2014, 08:55:40 PM

The Colts dominated the line of scrimmage for about 50 minutes of that game on both sides of the ball. Too bad games are 60 minutes long.  Ohhhhh, I see. Why run it on 2nd down with less than 3 minutes to go? Richardson had actually looked like an NFL running back much of the game, except when the Eagles knew he was coming. They stuffed it, Luck didn't make the play on 3rd down, game over. Did you see who was tearing shit up for the Eagles. DARREN SPROLES. I looked it up. New Orleans traded him for 5TH ROUND PICK. That's it. Sure, he's 31. But damn, the guy is talented. He and Reggie Bush are the only two players I can think of with that much explosive versatility in the league and New Orleans let both of them go for almost nothing. Mickey Loomis is a fucking idiot.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #758 on: September 15, 2014, 11:00:52 PM

They just wanted more tax breaks and free money.

It's this. San Francisco was not willing to bend over backwards to let the Yorks vacuum up city money, especially not after the Giants built their own damn stadium and have been printing money ever since.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #759 on: September 16, 2014, 06:30:15 AM

Good for them. There's no point in giving the NFL stadiums. Those cities will NEVER see a return on that money like they would in other projects.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #760 on: September 16, 2014, 10:45:58 AM

The Colts dominated the line of scrimmage for about 50 minutes of that game on both sides of the ball. Too bad games are 60 minutes long.  Ohhhhh, I see. Why run it on 2nd down with less than 3 minutes to go? Richardson had actually looked like an NFL running back much of the game, except when the Eagles knew he was coming. They stuffed it, Luck didn't make the play on 3rd down, game over. Did you see who was tearing shit up for the Eagles. DARREN SPROLES. I looked it up. New Orleans traded him for 5TH ROUND PICK. That's it. Sure, he's 31. But damn, the guy is talented. He and Reggie Bush are the only two players I can think of with that much explosive versatility in the league and New Orleans let both of them go for almost nothing. Mickey Loomis is a fucking idiot.

As an Eagles fan I enjoyed the game but I do have to admit that 1) the Colts coaches should put the game into Luck's hands with 3 minutes to go those dumbasses 2) the Eagles got away with a penalty on the interception and that bullshit horsecaller call that were both critical to staying alive.

I have never played WoW.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #761 on: September 16, 2014, 11:43:33 AM

Yeah, the reffing last night was pretty shitty. They weren't calling obvious pass interference calls (though thankfully, they weren't calling the ticky tack shit either) and that horse collar was total bullshit.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #762 on: September 16, 2014, 12:50:51 PM

LeSean fell like he was horse-collared but the view from behind - which is where the ref was - showed it was all jersey.  The ref was in the right place to see it clearly and still blew it.

I have never played WoW.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #763 on: September 16, 2014, 12:54:48 PM

Radisson hotels has suspended their sponsorship of the Vikings. Nike has pulled Peterson merchandise from shelves in the Twin Cities. Anheuser-Busch released this statement:

“We are disappointed and increasingly concerned by the recent incidents that have overshadowed this NFL season. We are not yet satisfied with the league’s handling of behaviors that so clearly go against our own company culture and moral code. We have shared our concerns and expectations with the league,”

The Vikings totally botched this one.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #764 on: September 16, 2014, 12:57:06 PM

Anheuser-Busch shared "their concerns".  LOL

Their concerns are the bottom line.  When they distance themselves from the NFL in a meaningful way, I'll believe them.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #765 on: September 16, 2014, 12:59:20 PM

Obviously all these companies are concerned about the bottom line. I don't think anyone is doing it out of the kindness of their heart. But it is the only way for the NFL to take notice.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #766 on: September 16, 2014, 01:01:41 PM

Obviously all these companies are concerned about the bottom line. I don't think anyone is doing it out of the kindness of their heart. But it is the only way for the NFL to take notice.

They don't care about the incidents or the NFL.  They're doing it to cater to the likes of their customers.  They could give a shit about wife beaters, child beaters, etc.  They care about making customers like them more. 

That's business.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #767 on: September 16, 2014, 01:03:25 PM

I think that is basically what I just said, but probably put more eloquently. I'm not arguing that they give a shit about anyone. If wife-beating made money, they'd be in on that business too.
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #768 on: September 16, 2014, 01:04:56 PM

Josh Gordon arrested for DWI this morning. Lolz

Professional Forum Lurker.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #769 on: September 16, 2014, 01:05:27 PM

I thought he just plead guilty?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: