Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:40:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Korean EQ2 character models 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Korean EQ2 character models  (Read 4196 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: March 02, 2005, 08:39:15 PM

Some pictures of the redesigned character models for the Korean version of EQ2:

http://www.gamemeca.com/news/main_view.html?seq=18&ymd=20050221&page=1&search_ym=&search_text=
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 10:30:26 PM

Some of those look better than the US versions...  human female especially.

Others.... meh.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 09:12:31 AM

The page won't load right for me, so I'm reduced to asking...

...does it have the requisite panty shots and pedophile-designed gnomes/dwarves/whatever that asian gamers need?

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 09:37:15 AM

Really only the heads are changed, as best I can tell.  mostly, the heads and faces are thinner, with longer hairstyles for males.  Basically, stick heads from characters of your average 3d asian game onto EQ2 body models.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 09:49:32 AM

EQ2's male hair wasn't ghey enough already?  There's a good goddamn reason my characters are all female...

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 09:52:51 AM

100% of the ugly, 300% more gay.

jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 09:54:40 AM

Link won't load for me either.

I hate the EQ2 models - so any change can only be an improvement.

In talking about the models...

The barbarian - has the body frame in the torso of a doughnut king.  I far prefered the avatar style of EQ.

I just never understood this.  The old EQ2 troll model actually looked good in the early design phases of EQ2 - until the changed it.  The Troll in use now looks ugly - for "real".  Bah.

Maybe they could add some character creation options that the rest of us can actually notice.  Rather than adjusting 3 sliding bars on the shape of the eye, I dunno, maybe offer the option of having an eye patch or Scar instead.  It's just ridiculous.

The movement kinetics drive me crazy.  Make an avatar jump - it's amazing - his arms literally appear to shear out of his shoulder with all points of articulation lost.

The dwarf ... not bad... too bad his legs look like wooden dowels attached to the round flesh of his bottom.  Ungh.  And too short.  Just slightly bigger than a gnome - ungh.  

I would have been quite happy - and it would have been cheaper for SOE - if they had just taken the EQ avatars and increased the polygon count / applied some finer surfaces.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 10:04:27 AM

0% of the ugly (comparatively speaking), 7,000% of the gay. Haemish was only off by a little.
Jobu
Terracotta Army

Lord Buttrot

Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 10:12:16 AM

0% of the ugly (comparatively speaking), 7,000% of the gay. Haemish was only off by a little.

To be gay or have downs. Hmm... tough choice indeed.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 10:32:54 AM

For the record, I actually liked my half-elf Brigand. He looked especially cool with the graphics turned to maximum and he was wearing his AQ gear...the full-chain looked pretty nice.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 10:59:36 AM

My graphics are set way down; I get random lockups at anything higher in EQ2 (but that's what I get for waiting to buy video cards until they're at the end of their market life).  So nothing looks that good for me.

I will say that the human female *is* an improvement, if we ignore the fact that the Korean models somehow make them look like an elf.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 11:03:31 AM

When the pictures of the character models have to be labeled (male) or (female) so people know what they're looking at you know something is wrong.

I also like how those pictures are stored in a directory named 'sicko' (http://www.f13.net/sicko/eqk/eqh1.jpg), very fitting.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 11:38:03 AM

Man, I forgot how craptastic the EQ2 models were. How many millions did that cost again?

Ooops...bad Sky, posting in the EQ2 forum...

/lurk 1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Korean EQ2 character models  
Jump to: