Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:14:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Intelligence 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Intelligence  (Read 1845 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: January 10, 2014, 08:55:57 AM

http://www.cbs.com/shows/intelligence/

Saw the pilot last night on DVR; went in expecting to be woefully disappointed and I must say I was slightly impressed.  The show worked pretty well as a cyborg-sherlock show.  Ory impressed me also, and I expected drivel from her.  She may be more talented then I think people realize and so far the dynamic between her and Holloway seems to work.

I mostly enjoyed the tech. use mixed with the crunch of solving "complex" problems. You wont like it if you're not interested in brain teasers (with a fair bit of parallel thinking) and plot-solving.

Loved seeing Billingsly (Neelix from ST:V) and Kako (O'Brien's wife; ST:TNG) again; especially Billingsly, who for this role might just work perfectly (assuming he's recurring).

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 09:14:08 AM

Every time I see an ad for this show I think of the computer from Team America and crack up.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 09:21:50 AM

http://www.cbs.com/shows/intelligence/

Saw the pilot last night on DVR; went in expecting to be woefully disappointed and I must say I was slightly impressed.  ...

Loved seeing Billingsly (Neelix from ST:V) and Kako (O'Brien's wife; ST:TNG) again; especially Billingsly, who for this role might just work perfectly (assuming he's recurring).
I dropped after 20 minutes, half due to boredom and half due to being tired.  I felt like Holloway's character was pretty flat, and the exposition meter was off the charts, which I normally forgive.  Do you feel it got stronger as the hour went along?

Billingsly is in the credits, so I assume he is going to be sticking around.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 09:33:38 AM

I watched the whole thing but when the traitor was revealed, it kind of lost me. I wanted to like it because I like Holloway, but Helgenberger left me cold and I didn't really care much about the long-game plot with the wife. I took it off the DVR.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 10:29:47 AM

Every time I saw an advert for this show I kept thinking it looked too much like Chuck with all the fun sucked out of it.

Over and out.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 10:41:39 AM

Every time I saw an advert for this show I kept thinking it looked too much like Chuck with all the fun sucked out of it.

This

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 08:27:26 PM

Watching the pilot right now. Technology doesn't make sense even allowing for sci-fi fudging.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 10:24:22 PM

Watched it, found it fairly 'meh'. Also, couldn't get the Canadian show of the same name out of my head while watching it (despite them being vastly different). Man, I miss that show. Damn politics for killing a show that good.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Intelligence  
Jump to: