Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:44:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: American Hustle 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: American Hustle  (Read 2147 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

on: December 23, 2013, 12:14:34 AM

Saw this today. If you like David O. Russell movies, this is a pretty good one. Some really good performances.

Alternate title is Sideboob: The Movie.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 09:30:04 PM

And it's some *good* sideboob.

- Viin
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 11:39:48 PM

Can't wait. Unfortunately had to settle for Walking With Dinosaurs since I was with my 5 year old this weekend (which was good, btw).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 06:49:15 PM

Was good. Good music, costumes, period feel. Some of the expected beats of a which conman-is-conning-who movie, though.

Jennifer Lawrence shows some real range in this flick. Amy Adams also did well.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 09:57:57 PM

Jennifer Lawrence made me love hating her. She was the stereotypical spoiled 80s Long Island housewife and she rocked it.

It was also the darkest I've seen Adams go and she killed as well.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 03:53:11 PM

And it's some *good* sideboob.

Seconded.

Also this is a good movie.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 01:47:13 AM

/thread
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 03:00:42 AM

That is now the only acceptable way to reference that appliance in our household.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 02:27:03 PM

Saw this today. Great performances all round, to the extent that I ended up hating every one single of the characters. Also, way too depressing and dark for me. If you like this kind of film you will love it I recon. Just not to my taste.

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 01:57:28 PM

Saw it yesterday and I loved it. Though it could probably be called "World of Fabulous Wigs" without a hint of irony. I thought it really showed both Bale and Renner's range, but Jennifer Lawrence played Cray Cray so damn well, and Amy Adams has really impressed me since Man of Steel. This movie deserved the accolades, IMO.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: American Hustle  
Jump to: