Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:43:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes (2014) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes (2014)  (Read 2687 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: December 18, 2013, 07:40:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcRIUU_QZiY

The trailer gives that  DRILLING AND MANLINESS feel.

Sadly, I think the movie will be more  swamp poop

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 08:32:52 AM

Sadly, I think the movie will be more  swamp poop

Why would you think that? The first one was pretty damn good.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 01:51:41 PM

Can't wait.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 02:04:19 PM

It took me a second to remember that this was a follow-on to the James Franco one, which was good, and not the Mark Wahlberg one, which was terrible.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 08:21:17 AM

No discussion?  I saw it last night.  I get what they were going for in the film, but I don't think they quite hit it.  Much of the CGI was solid, but there was a lot of things that just never quite worked, such as some of the ape on horse movement.  The writing was also a bit cliche and forced.  I liked Rise more, and don't consider this a disaster, but it was a bit disappointing.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 01:20:07 PM

I just saw this with my 7 year old. We both enjoyed it, it was a very good movie. I thought the CGI was excellent, although the differences in the range of emotion different ape's faces displayed was a little offputting. Caesar and Koba had very animated and expressive faces. Most of the other apes didn't. I can give that a pass because who gives a fuck what Generic_Background_Ape if thinking. The exception is Caesar's son Blue Eyes who may as well have been played by Micheal Meyer's mask. The fucker's face didn't move a millimeter all movie. It was like watching Don Cheadle silently read a book. Also, as good as Caesar was I couldn't watch his face and not see Andy Serkis / Gollum.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Brofellos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 06:51:48 AM

I thought this was excellent, especially for a sequel. I didn't have high expectations going in, but I thought it was really cool. The drama that plays out between the apes is not new or unique, but having to do it non-verbally and stuff made it interesting. My only gripe is that you aren't attached to the human characters because who the hell are they
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 02:29:27 PM

My only gripe is that you aren't attached to the human characters because who the hell are they

Commissioner James Gordon and Felicity after she graduated from Med School.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes (2014)  
Jump to: