Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:40:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Clan Invasion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clan Invasion  (Read 75767 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: June 17, 2014, 12:56:59 AM

I played quite a few games last night;  I see no evidence that brawling is coming back at all.

Indeed, Guass, AC, Large Lasers (pulse too) and PPCs were still very much the flavor.

Are we saying that Clan mechs will change this ?  I don't see it.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #106 on: June 17, 2014, 01:07:27 AM

Ironwood, the SRM fix is in tonight's patch. You played the old version yesterday.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: June 17, 2014, 01:21:41 AM

Ahhhhhhh, I see.

Fundamental misunderstand here then !  You chaps are playing on Test and it's great and I'm just waiting for that ?

Cool beans.  I shall reserve judgement, like Schild with Hearthstone.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: June 17, 2014, 01:23:35 AM

And now I am pretty sure I set the expectations bar high enough that your disappointment will be resounding. See you tomorrow.  why so serious?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: June 17, 2014, 01:25:32 AM

You should publish the chat stuff again and those who wanna play tomorrow can listen to me cursing in fluent lalands.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: June 17, 2014, 01:15:53 PM

Here goes then.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: June 17, 2014, 01:50:01 PM

Still offline...  Heartbreak

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: June 17, 2014, 03:25:29 PM

I've had a match and for some reason It won't reply to you falc.

But this is, thus far, entirely as expected.  Clan mechs dominated the one match I was able to get into and a lot of distance shooting and missiles.

Um.

I will TRY to get more of a sample size than ONE MATCH, but it's all kinds of fucked tonight.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: June 17, 2014, 03:26:38 PM

Downloading patch. God help me and my weak willpower.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: June 17, 2014, 03:37:12 PM

Second match.  Tunnel hiding clusterfuck of the highest order.

Ironically, someone screaming that the new mechs are 'bugged' because, er, he died in a Clan mech.

wtf.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: June 17, 2014, 03:37:45 PM

Don't worry. Everything is broken. Server overload (  why so serious? ) so no one can enter and if you can enter you can't start a match. Even the website is down.

EDIT: Unless you are Ironwood. Ironwood can play.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: June 17, 2014, 03:40:23 PM

Yeah, but it's like 10-20 minutes of frustration between each match and then it's getting reamed without lube by a kit fox.

Fuck this.

Going to bed.

(also, I don't have my Atlas anymore.  I really, really don't remember selling it...)

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: June 17, 2014, 03:56:40 PM

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #118 on: June 17, 2014, 04:17:09 PM

Fuck everything about these guys. They got $100 or whatever out of me for founder they can choke on it before their amateurs hour bullshit ever see another dime from me.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: June 17, 2014, 04:24:27 PM

Yea, figured I'd check this out and see what the deal is, but it's just frustration so far.

Start it up, and it's in windowed mode, and keeps jumping back in to windowed mode whenever I fullscreen it.  Asks me if I want to do the tutorial, so I say sure.  It tells me how to move my torso, but it seems a bit slow to me, so I head to the options menu to change the mouse sensitivity.  Can't do that, it starts at the maximum value (goddammit, this really drives me nuts when devs do this).  I exit the options menu, and it crashes to desktop.  And now I can't log back in.  GG, I guess.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: June 17, 2014, 04:35:55 PM

Ok patched up, got a couple of games in. Wish I'd frapsed them actually.

Firstly I noticed the lottie window that pops up showing what percentage of mechs are in the queue and saying what class I should load if I want to get a fast game. That's a nice feature! Props. So following the suggestion I dropped in my raven and ran around terra therma. Won the game, did 350 damage. My tgeam all seemed to have a clue and stuck together as a bunch and basically focus fired the enemies. Good play from them, but the Clanners scored top damage on both teams (700 and 600 on my team)

So next game, it suggested medium, so I selected a Shadowhawk and went in. And it was searching when I noticed my mech had no engine. It was seriously going to drop me in a match in a mech with no engine. LOL ffs.

Anyway, problem fixed and into the breach. This game I did 250 odd, but in a 12-8 game all the surviving mechs were clanners. And from what I could see ot was a snipefest. And yeah, Kitfoxes.

Hic sunt dracones.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #121 on: June 17, 2014, 07:01:36 PM

how do i clan mech

like seriously i'm trying to buy one right now?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: June 17, 2014, 08:07:48 PM

You probably still can buy one of the Clan Packages. Otherwise you have to wait till they can screw you for MC or you can buy one for 100 hours worth of Cbills.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: June 18, 2014, 05:28:30 AM

Not really getting this.

Some things are better, there's a lot more brawling, but it's a LRM fest for the most part and there's still a lot of long range gankage if you get out of cover.

The Clan mechs are.... Clan Mechs.  If you're up against one on your todd, you're fucking toast and you may as well just jerk off while they ream you.

I'm having some real problems with crashing, but I suspect that's because I can't resist alt-tabbing during wait times.

Mech lab is STILL cancer.  Honestly, what the almighty fuck.  I like the new Gun Proficiencies until I found out that they're cheap for XP, but they also cost A FUCKLOAD of credits, so it's a gold sink for the hardcore, which means I'm probably fucked.

The verdict :  It's better, but it's not Diablo 3 Patch.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: June 18, 2014, 07:30:17 AM

I think the biggest difference with the "Old Days" is that there were only 8 'mechs per side back then, so everyone tended to survive a little longer, and that PPC was in such an unusable state that the only long range weapon was the Gauss, which used to have people ragequit a lot anyway but made their 'mechs more fragile. The game will always have 'mechs able to take you out from very long range, and I guess that's fine, but compared to two years ago we all die quicker because there's simply 33% more firepower than in the beta days. Which results in a lot more "WTF?" deaths. Funny because back then there was no ghost heat so things like the 6LL Stalkers were common, and yet everyone adapted to that. But 12 'mechs? Too many angles to cover.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: June 18, 2014, 08:19:36 AM

As far as I can see, the Clan survivability is enormously high.

That makes absolutely no fucking difference if you're still stuck in an IS mech.  You're still gonna get cored when you pop yer head up.

why so serious?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: June 18, 2014, 08:57:38 AM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Clan Invasion  
Jump to: