Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:29:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Clan Invasion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clan Invasion  (Read 75792 times)
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: May 06, 2014, 05:15:21 AM

Given what we know of their Clan tech implementation I just can't get excited about the Clan Mechs

On the plus side my wallet is pleased about this
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #71 on: May 06, 2014, 05:40:35 AM

What is weird is that they announced started selling this 5 months ago. At the time, 6 months sounded like a long time. Now, 1 month away from the deployement of the Clan 'mechs, it feels surreal to think they are anywhere ready for this.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: May 06, 2014, 07:37:09 AM

And are they ?  Because my money's on 'No'.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: May 06, 2014, 07:58:58 AM

They aren't ready for shit. Took them almost two years to come up with the most pathetic UI I've ever seen in my life, and the patches don't do anything for it.
Then they finally drop the much awaited weight restrictions, and they break the matchmaker literally 5 minutes after going live, so they are turned off indefinitely.

Maybe it's only because I haven't followed many projects this closely, but I've never seen a company repeatedly shooting itself in the foot so hard before. THey also completely redfined the concept of "amateur hour" for me. I can't stress enough how much they took me by surprise with their absolute lack of competence.

Every time they are very close to score somepoints towards a comeback, they somehow botch it spectacularly and ruin everything. Can't see how the Clans could change that pattern.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: May 06, 2014, 08:19:30 AM

Clans will break the pattern by completely robbing the game of what fun there is.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: May 08, 2014, 12:47:45 PM

Summoner screenshots revealed.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: May 08, 2014, 02:23:33 PM

Look, I have to ask :

What's with the fucking Jester paint on all these fucking mechs ?

Can we have some screenshots where it doesn't look like a Mardi Gras parade ??

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: May 08, 2014, 02:40:11 PM

Sadly, those are the unique paintjobs you get with the Clan Invasion preorder packs. I think they mentioned somewhere they are supposed to be a certain Clan canon colours, but I can't even imagine what the hell they were thinking. Or drinking.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: May 08, 2014, 02:48:16 PM

The middle pic is ok, just the others suck and blow.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 13, 2014, 08:50:38 AM

A Masakari of Purest Gold has been screenshooted.

Hic sunt dracones.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #80 on: May 13, 2014, 09:52:34 AM

For $500 I expect a lot more yellow and a lot less, "Looks like copper."

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #81 on: May 13, 2014, 10:05:06 AM

For $500, that motherfuckedr ought to shine like the sun with purple accents.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: May 13, 2014, 10:25:36 AM

It's only 250$ though, since you get the whole Clan package, which costs the other 250$, with it  why so serious?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: May 16, 2014, 01:57:09 PM

Kit Fox screens revealed. I kind of love it actually.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: May 17, 2014, 08:36:28 PM

The Clan release schedule is up.

Greetings MechWarriors,
While pre-orders for the Clan ‘Mechs remain underway, set for delivery on June 17th, 2014: We are pleased to put forward the future release schedule of these ‘Mechs for regular and sale in the Store. You still have an opportunity to take part in the pre-orders now, so please consider joining now while you still have the chance to you be amongst the first in these ‘Mechs!

June 2014

Week 3
        Clan Collections - All Pre-Ordered Mechs Delivered!

July 2014

Week 2
        Kit Fox available for MC
    Week 4
        Nova available for MC

August 2014

Week 2
        Summoner available for MC
        Kit Fox available for Credits
    Week 4
        Dire Wolf available for
        Nova available for

September 2014

Week 2
        Adder available for
        Summoner available for [C-Bill]
    Week 4
        Stormcrow available for
        Dire Wolf available for

October 2014

Week 2
        Timber Wolf available for
        Adder available for
    Week 4
        Warhawk available for
        Stormcrow available for

Movember 2014

Week 2
        Timber Wolf available for
    Week 4
        Warhawk available for

First time the mech appears its for MC, second time its for Credits. Theres a nice graphic at the link. I could have typed them all out but 3 sets of typing sapped the Thimbleful of interest I have in the Clans. Or, in other words, :effort:

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: May 23, 2014, 01:38:24 PM

'Mechs of mass distraction! While the boat is burning with the utter matchmaking 3/3/3/3 failure, they release the screenshots for the Nova, a 50 tonner also known as Black Hawk. EDIT: 12 ER medium lasers.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:41:26 PM by Falconeer »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: May 23, 2014, 02:20:27 PM

Ghost Heat is going to FUCK that mech.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: May 23, 2014, 11:46:56 PM

They said way back when that different mechs would have different limits for ghost heat based on their default loadout.  If that wasn't bullshit, the Nova ought to be set up to compensate somewhat for the lasers.  Of course, the tabletop Nova could shoot itself into a shutdown in one round, so that mech was never exactly practical to begin with.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: May 24, 2014, 02:40:24 AM

They said way back when that different mechs would have different limits for ghost heat based on their default loadout.  If that wasn't bullshit,

It's PGI. Adding different variables for the heat system in individual mechs would probably involve them rewriting the sound engine.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: May 24, 2014, 08:05:55 PM

It's going to be silly no matter what they do.  It's either 12 Medium Clan Laser alpha, Meltdown, or Gatling Laser Turret.  There is no good answer.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: May 25, 2014, 11:35:43 AM

I could deal and call it a decent mech if it could handle firing one arm's lasers at a time without heat issues.  The problem it will have is the fact that people are going to prioritize shooting its arms off to cripple it, just like every other mech that carries its big guns in the arms, and it's too light to have sufficient armor to prevent that tactic from working.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: May 27, 2014, 04:39:36 PM

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:42:02 PM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: June 10, 2014, 01:23:51 PM

An official poll is up to decide which Clan logos will be the final ones. PGI proposed some shitty ones, community got pretty pissed, PGI offered to redesign them and put up a vote. Community is overwhelmingly voting for the non-PGI ones. You can go and cast your vote here.

Designs.

Left = Classic/Traditional
Right = PGI/New

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: June 10, 2014, 03:17:28 PM

I think I like the old Cave Ghost Bear better.

I don't like either Wolf, I think that should be improved (I like the old better than the new)

I like new Jade Falcon and Jaguar.

Edit: Cave Bear?   embarassed
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 05:43:08 AM by Typhon »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: June 10, 2014, 05:26:50 PM

Old Ghost Bear, New Jade Falcon by a lot, enh on either Wolf, and I like the new Jaguar but the old one fits SMOKE Jaguar better.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: June 11, 2014, 06:52:29 AM

No comment.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: June 11, 2014, 01:49:07 PM

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: June 12, 2014, 11:29:43 AM

Timber Wolf preview. There is a new(-ish) HUD for Clan 'mechs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apzheasDS0I

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: June 12, 2014, 12:03:53 PM

Watch this heavy 'mech take out assaults!

I know it's supposed to be a promo video, but it's not helping my sense of impending dread.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: June 13, 2014, 02:34:59 AM

There has been a Public Test for the Clan content yesterday and everyone seems to be stoked about it. It could be honeymoon, or it could be that they actually are beautiful looking both outside and inside (amazing new cockpits). They are also incredibly powerful and I racked up incredible results in the first few matches so I have a hard time believing this won't be a problem as soon as the honeymoon phase will be over. Also of note is the fact that looks like they MIGHT HAVE fixed SRMs for real this time, which would definitely mean a return of brawling.

Things that made me raise my eyebrow from my last night quick experience:

- Alpha striking with my Nova prima from 0% heat. 12 medium lasers going off at the same time, damaging my own 'mech down to 10% internals in one single shot.
- Alpha striking with the Warhawk prime for about 85 damage, and not even shutting down.
- Rolling out a Splat-Summoner, with 5 Artemis SRM6, and having lots of fun with it.

Anyway, this stuff is all really cool. Now it's a matter of seeing how bad it will break the game. Full release is next Tuesday.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: June 14, 2014, 09:44:00 AM

This is exactly what I mean when I say "wasted potential" or "PGI incompetence". When a company is CONSTANTLY outdone by its fans, and by a huge margin, you know there's a lot wrong with that company. And an immense wasted potential.

Seriously, watch this fan made Clans video. It's beautiful.

Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: June 16, 2014, 04:46:18 AM

Has anyone gone for a clan pack? I'm really reluctant to throw anymore money at these clowns (I already have Leg. Founder, top Phoenix and Sabre packs) but have that awful awful feeling that the Clan packs are a one-off deal - sure they'll probably wheel out Clan heros down the line (for insane MC) but I'm wondering if thats all they are going to do.

I'm not happy about how they are implimenting clan tech and I still believe there are better ways to address the balance issues (100% clan vs IS teams with clans having half the numbers for ex.) but the feedback from the test still indicates the clan mechs are full of rape.

I guess my biggest problem is cash, I'd be looking at 5 chassis al-la-carte which is $175 (which could go to feed my forgeworld-recasts-from-china vice) however this is mainly because of the devs obsession with crowbaring weight limits in and if I just got the 2 top weights I'd probably wish I'd had something lighter if/when the devs ever get the weight restrictions working :-(

My RL gaming buddies (all with founders and Phoenix of various levels) were all united on not giving the devs any more cash but one of them (the powergamer one :shocker:) has just revealed he's going to get the Timber Wolf :doubleshocker:
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: June 16, 2014, 05:11:46 AM

Has anyone gone for a clan pack?

Of course I did. This crippled horse is still my favourite. I hate the management but I love the game, can't get rid of it.

Anyway, the Clan 'mechs are a lot of fun, but if that is worth 175$ or even 17$ considering you'll be able to buy them for C-bills at some point, is entirely up to you.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: June 16, 2014, 07:51:04 PM

You know, I was going to log in tomorrow, but from what you are saying I have a strong feeling I'm not going to bother. I mean, within days it sounds like any IS mech in a lineup is going to be helled at. Whats the point in bringing out my Misery or my Catapult if its going to be raped senseless?

From a raw business perspective I can see the reasons for bringing out a new tier of mechs to make all the old mechs opsolete so you have to buy the new set. It keeps the money rolling in. But frankly I love certain of my IS mechs, and I really don't want to be shoved into the position of just being a doorstop because I cant afford to shell out the cash for the new standard.

It will balance out over time of course, when players get sick of stupid clanner instadeath matches and go back to more strategic inner sphere matches, but for now dumping all mechs into the same rotation is just a cynical "pay us money or die" move.

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: June 16, 2014, 11:31:57 PM

Let's give the Clans a brawly welcome.

From the tests everyone agrees that the IS 'mechs hold their ground very well, this could be because there are some downsides to the Clan 'mechs or because people haven't optimized their builds for them. Regardless, if you know what you are doing, you will do fine with the good IS 'mechs. At least until everyone figure out the Victors and Cataphracts pf the Clans.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Clan Invasion  
Jump to: