Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:34:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: tinydeathstar 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tinydeathstar  (Read 3846 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

on: November 11, 2013, 02:43:05 PM

These tiny_ games might be the most annoying games ever created.

Nothing is automated.  You have to babysit this game like a toddler in a house with a stairs.  After a day of compulsive checking, clicking, ordering, stocking, shuttling.. I just uninstalled the damn thing.  I'd like it a lot better if it was a Kairosoft style sim or something that bothered to do even the smallest things without your constant input.

It's cute, but I imagine being around someone that's really into this game is going to be hella annoying.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:45:39 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:10:37 AM

Tried this when it came out.  Once you get past a few amusing dialogue bits it turns into elevator control.  Stopped playing it the next day.  I told a friend about it and three days later she informed me that it was all my fault while excitedly showing me her construction.  To her credit she did not spend the rest of the night out playing it.  Did you look at the shop prices?  Yikes. 
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 05:07:47 AM

I recall trying to get into Tiny Tower back in the day, but it didn't hook me.  This somehow has, and I imagine it's the Star Wars skin + things they learned from Tiny Tower.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 07:13:56 AM

If by "things hey learned" you mean "holy hell the prices" then, yes.

I've got 11 levels on the one I started on Friday.  The next level will take me 2 days of playing if I don't babysit the game.  Some of the space, like the Workout Room, run out of stock FAR too quickly, so you're never making money if you have that level and aren't obsessively clicking.

It's very ingeniously designed to get you paying in to the cash shop to fix some of the bullshit.   I'll keep it around just to putz with it, but just shake your head at anyone who has 20+ levels installed.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 07:47:08 AM

I don't know, I kind of like it because it's Star Wars and it's not too time consuming.  I just open it up, punch a few buttons and I'm out.  It's also really shallow so I don't see myself playing it for very long and I certainly wont be spending money.  I can see how if you were babysitting it it could be irritating it but if you turn off notifications it's not so bad.  The Artoo sound is great though.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 06:32:07 AM

Still playing this.  Up to 22 levels on top, 5 in the basement.  At the point now where I can be more selective with new tenants, in that I'm basically keeping those that I can can Dream Job and evicting everyone else.  If their Dream Job is fully staffed but they have better skills in the job category, I upgrade, otherwise I give them the job, claim the bux, and then evict them.

Also at the income level that I can keep a steady stream of Supply dudes going into the basement levels to churn out items and still making money to buy a new floor once a day.  Saving up bux for the level 3 elevator, and then I'll probably start unlocking Bitizens.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: tinydeathstar  
Jump to: