Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Halloween Sale 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Halloween Sale 2013  (Read 4051 times)
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

on: October 29, 2013, 12:31:53 PM

On now. Find myself in a mood to waste money so fave some questions:

Sleeping Dogs - any good? Any required DLC?

F.E.A.R - were any of the sequels worth playing?

Aliens: Colonial Marines - did they ever fix it to be worth playing in any way shape or form or is it still a laugh fest?

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 01:55:33 PM

Yes Sleeping Dogs is a really solid game. Take a look around the BiiF forum or on this Steam forum for more, but basically it's GTA/Saints Row with solid story and melee combat and less mod-friendly. For DLC, none are required but the Dragon Master pack is well worth it http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18089/

Anyone try Sang-Froid with some insight they could share?
Dead Pixels?
Foul Play?

Things I could suggest while I take a quick glance at the sale-

For retro RPGs, pick up Cthulu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII. It's $1. I haven't even got around to starting Cthulu Saves the World, but Breath of Death has been worth more than $1. 

Don't Starve at $7.50 is worth it imo

Van Helsing is worth a buy if you like ARPG.

The Walking Dead (Telltale's game, NOT Terminal Reality's which is also more expensive) is fantastic
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 07:03:41 PM

Fear 2 and 3 suck. Fear 1 is great.

Aliens is bad, maybe not even $5 to see how bad it is bad.

Sleeping Dogs owns even with no DLC.

Also there are 31 zombie games in this sale. And that's with me being strict on what I call a zombie game.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 04:26:43 AM

Fear 2 and 3 suck. Fear 1 is great.
Correction, Fear 3 sucks.  Fear 1 and 2 are great.  I'd actually say Fear 2 is better overall in every way (gameplay, creepy ass shit going on).  Though the first one was certainly fun and had that nice unique 'I'm playing a Japanese horror movie' feel.

tldr; Buy Fear 1 and 2, play them in order.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 04:49:42 AM

Fear 2's AI didn't feel nearly as good as the first one, and naked Alma grapple parties get kinda old after about 2 hours. Also the ending is mindblowingly retarded. Discounting the FEAR 1 expansions (which were all declared non-canon anyway) FEAR 1 has a decent build up, even if the final "battle" so to speak is kinda retarded. The in-engine ending of FEAR 1 was pretty fucking impressive in the day.

FEAR's AI for some reason has yet to really be duplicated, which is kinda sad. It was the only FPS I remember where on the higher difficulty settings it felt like the AI was getting smarter rather than being given wallhacks.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 08:34:23 AM

I thought Fear was really good and VERY creepy. It was even hard to play alone sometimes.  Fear 2 had some creepy bits and wasn't a bad game at all but after playing the original, it just made me feel as if I was playing a not nearly as cool a game as the the first.  I never bothered with Fear 3 because I figured it would feel even more familiar therefore eliminating the nervous and creepy feelings altogether.  I've found this with a lot of sequels which always makes them a bit disappointing for me.  I want NEW creepy, not reused creepy.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 02:49:53 PM

I'm a candyass about scary games.

That being said, I did buy Van Helsing because it's not scary or about gore and silence.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 08:24:07 PM

I'm a candyass about scary games.

That being said, I did buy Van Helsing because it's not scary or about gore and silence.

Van Helsing was a pleasant surprise.  I actually almost finished it. awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 08:33:49 PM

FEAR 1 was awesome.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 01:33:57 PM

I liked it at the time, even if the melee seemed like a bollocks addon that you barely used.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Halloween Sale 2013  
Jump to: