Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: OUAT: Miami (Wonderland) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OUAT: Miami (Wonderland)  (Read 2059 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: October 19, 2013, 02:48:59 PM

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

http://abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time-in-wonderland

Seriously.  All that's missing is Horatio, who would probably fit right in with this series.   awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 03:01:05 PM

What is this shit?
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 03:04:45 PM

Somehow this show is much more palatable than the original series but still suffers from terrible blue screen and soap opera writing.  The actors all seem to be trying their best however and some bits shine through the haze.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 03:55:54 PM

I saw the first two episodes and was not enthused.  It feels a bit like fan faction to me for some reason...

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 04:19:21 PM

I guess I'll repost here what I said in the other Once Upon a Time thread:

The Knave of Hearts is awesome haha.  He kind of reminds me a bit of Rudy from Misfits, only without all the sex talk.

Over and out.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 04:27:50 PM

Yeah, they've kinda gone a little loopy with trying to hybridize the various tales and lores, something you really do see only in fan-fiction stuffs (initial plot of Wonderland: the Queen of Hearts and Jafar [yeah, the Disney Aladdin villain] are executing a plan to get Alice for...something.  This has nothing to do with the Johnny Depp "Wonderland" movie, but they're taking the same route of "Alice has grown up with all these adventures in Wonderland and gets committed to the looney bin" thing).

Still, the wife and I have enjoyed the original OUAT.  Will give this a shot and see what happens.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 07:42:56 AM

His sister, the racist who went to jail, was in Misfits.  I liked him in the couple of other things I've seen him in.  I'm not crazy about this show, though, or the other one.  Maybe I've lost my whimsy gene or something.  The new one, however, seems a bit darker than I thought it would be - which is a good thing.  I think the acting in the first one is worse, though.  I don't like Snow White and her husband a bit and Emma is as meh as she was in House.  Love Robert Carlysle, though, but I love him in nearly anything.  My sister watches these so sometimes I see them accidentally.  I think there might be a curse on actors from Lost.  Except for the bloke from Person of Interest, which I like although the first episode this season was weird.  Hope it's not the Lost curse kicking in.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 10:47:42 AM

They try to force too much drama.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 06:22:43 AM

I wanted to like this, but wow was it bad. I liked the girl cast as Alice, but the rest of the cast aside from Kieth David (Cheshire Cat) was forgettable. And the CGI... It takes a lot of effort to make modern CGI look like early 80's greenscreening. I grabbed the first two episodes, but I'm not seeing much of a reason to watch number two.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 07:10:42 AM

My only hope is they elevate the Cheshire Cat to something more than mindless predator antagonist, but I'm not holding my breath.

The Knave is no Mad Hatter (the original premise) and it shows.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 09:27:10 AM

I usually try to watch 'too much' television early in the season and then decide whether a show will fall in the 'watch it live', 'watch it on dvr', 'catch up on it sometime' or 'give up' buckets. 

OUAT is now in 'DVR' zone and this show is in 'catch up'.  They're sort of dragging each other down, though.  I think they'd have been better off not making a second series, but instead adding a bunch of episodes to the OUAT series that replaced reruns and had minimal, if any, of the main cast.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: OUAT: Miami (Wonderland)  
Jump to: