Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:04:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2013 - 2014 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL 2013 - 2014  (Read 69746 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: November 03, 2013, 11:33:09 AM

The Oilers aren't bad. More accurately, they shouldn't be bad. The actual team is actually pretty decent. However, a mix of systems issues and an utter lack of work ethic have gotten them where they are. The only real "excuse" for this team is injuries, which over the course of this season have already included; Nugent-Hopkins (#1 center, now healthy), Sam Gagner (#2 center, now finally healthy-ish), Taylor Hall (#1 LW), David Perron (#2 LW), Jesse Joenssu (#3 LW), Ryan Smyth (#4 LW). I'd throw in the injuries to goaltending, but the only one that matters there is Bachman who got hurt last night. Dubnyk got hurt, but that didn't really matter consider how badly he's played. Back-up has been even worse. There's also been a number of injuries down on the AHL team which has affected call-ups and four of our top six D are playing hurt or, in J. Schultz's case, actually out of the line-up. Number of the RWers have also been playing with injuries (Eberle, Hemsky).

All of that gives good context.. but doesn't explain the utter lack of effort which is what's killing the Oilers. Most of them just can't seem to put in even 40 minutes of effort and it is utterly baffling as a fan.

The team is where it deserves to be, now, even though a number of the early games they lost were ones they should have won. Now they deserve to lose, and lose badly.

Also, whomever is in charge of the Oiler's specialty teams deserves to get fired because I've never seen an Oiler team with a pk and pp as bad as this... and we've seen some mighty terrible ones in the 2007-10, and 92-95 stretches.

So in short; they suck, are dealing with reams of injuries to important players, coaching needs to improve, but mainly they suck because they really just don't give a shit, as you speculated. There's already discussions in the fan base to stop watching/attending games.

Its amazing when you think about it; after the 2006 play-off run the Oilers had almost 10,000 people on the waiting list for season tickets. The waiting list is now down to less than 25 people as of the last renewals before the season. And still Six Rings remains in charge.

One of the problems with the Oilers is that they have too many players that are the same.  Small, skilled forwards that don't and won't battle for pucks in the corners.  They need to seriously beef up and maybe get some guys that are less skilled but who can and will battle for pucks.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: November 03, 2013, 12:13:14 PM

Disagree completely that the problem the Oilers have is that they have too many small, skilled players and need to beef up. Size wise the Oilers are average for the NHL. They do not need larger players. They don't even need tougher players. They need the players they got to actually give a shit. Additionally, most of their skill guys are actually different in terms of what they bring. Yakupov (when he's not sucking eggs) and Hall are more physical, speed-based players that can dominate along the boards. RNH is more like Datsyuk in that he's not going to battle physically like a lot of players, but battle intelligently. Eberle is similar, but less so. Hemsky is the skill guy who will take whatever abuse is thrown his way to make the play.

The problem is too many Oilers coast for too much of the games -- if not entire games. They need their players to put in the work for entire games and instead of shying away from contact or battles, to go in and play that game. Its not how big of a player you are so much as how big you play. This isn't to say size is irrelevent; obviously if you two guys with similar skill go against one another and one guy has twenty pounds and four inches on the other.. one guy is going to struggle more -- unless he puts more effort into it.

The Oilers have a long list of players who've come through with size and grit, and even effort.. and they fail horrifically because of sheer lack of skill. The team, as is, is actually pretty good (when they're all, or mostly, healthy) if they would just play like they've shown they can. Hell, in most games this year the Oilers have physically beaten the other teams in terms of hits and contact. But too many of them phone in efforts when it comes to puck battles, skating and positioning (the number of goals allowed this year because the center didn't take his man in the slot off a rush is around 14-16 already -- and its because they didn't take their man due to being lazy).

Not to say some personnel turn over wouldn't do the team good, but the key pieces (Hall, RNH, Yakupov, Eberle, Hemsky, Gordon, Perron) are fine and don't overly duplicate the skills of others. They just need to, well, suck less. Unfortunately, losing has become the culture here. And its accepted by management. A lot of the problem stems from Six Rings and Tambellini's time at the helm, shipping out solid bottom sixers left and right over the past 6-7 years. Often for no reason (i.e., Glencross who wanted to stay in Edmonton but was let go over $100,000 -- seriously).

Until Lowe is gone this team will never improve. But the owner, Katz, has found it more important to give his buddies, the Boys on the Bus, jobs so he can hang out with them again instead of trying to turn the franchise around.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: November 04, 2013, 07:04:11 AM

HA HA HA FUCK YOU OILERS YOU SUCK. STILL.

The Flames are screwing up their own rebuild by playing .500 hockey. That really needs to stop or they won't get the top 5 pick they need to get this year. This is easily the most enjoyable Flames team to watch in a LOT of years and the future doesn't look to shabby with some of the guys they already have in the system. Johnny Gaudreau is going to be a stud.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: November 04, 2013, 08:37:14 AM

You don't NEED top 5 picks to ice a good team. Plenty of the consistently better teams in the NHL today are there because they find solid players later on in the first round, or in later rounds. It's behind the scenes work in scouting that produces this result, and improvements in this area are not apparent for years .
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: November 04, 2013, 09:50:43 AM

The obvious problem with the Oilers is that Dr. Who is not a good hockey coach.  why so serious?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #75 on: November 05, 2013, 09:58:45 AM

Ceryse, I noticed when you listed the Oilers' core, you mentioned six Forwards. That's not a good sign. They can't play in their end of the ice. I just looked at the Oilers' roster. On the back end you've got the two Shultz's. Then you Smid and Ferrence, and some other guy's I've never heard of.

I got curious as to where these guys originated/were drafted, considering all of the Oilers' high draft picks over the last decade:

Belov - free agent from the KHL
Ferrence - 8th round
Larsen - 5th round
Petry - 2nd round
J Schultz - 2nd round
N Schultz - 2nd round
Smid - 1st round

Second round looks good, but with d men its pure hit and miss. Out of curiosity, I just looked through the Oilers' draft history to see the last time they used their first pick to draft a defenseman: 1988 Francois Leroux. They've spent an extra first round pick to take a defenseman a couple times since, the last being Matthieu Descoteaux, who played five NHL games.

The Oilers' apparently really don't like defensemen.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: November 05, 2013, 11:37:46 AM

Flyers hate goalies, Oilers hate dmen, Predators hate forwards?
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: November 05, 2013, 06:07:04 PM

Ceryse, I noticed when you listed the Oilers' core, you mentioned six Forwards. That's not a good sign. They can't play in their end of the ice. I just looked at the Oilers' roster. On the back end you've got the two Shultz's. Then you Smid and Ferrence, and some other guy's I've never heard of.

I got curious as to where these guys originated/were drafted, considering all of the Oilers' high draft picks over the last decade:

Belov - free agent from the KHL
Ferrence - 8th round
Larsen - 5th round
Petry - 2nd round
J Schultz - 2nd round
N Schultz - 2nd round
Smid - 1st round

Second round looks good, but with d men its pure hit and miss. Out of curiosity, I just looked through the Oilers' draft history to see the last time they used their first pick to draft a defenseman: 1988 Francois Leroux. They've spent an extra first round pick to take a defenseman a couple times since, the last being Matthieu Descoteaux, who played five NHL games.

The Oilers' apparently really don't like defensemen.

The drafting of the Oilers pre-2009ish was incredibly suspect. To the point that they actually did get around to firing a number of people and changing how they approached the draft. Even still, the Oilers have consistently wasted draft picks in the second and third round looking for Lucic. I'm dead serious in that being their reasoning. The organization has actually said this. Fortunately the Oilers have had a couple really good draft picks in the last few years that should pay dividends in time. Most notably could be Martin Marincin who is looking like a possible #2 or #3 defenseman who can move the puck, play defense, is big, and mean. Too bad non-elite d-men take years to develop.

Also, um... with you D-list? Petry is the only one that was drafted by the Oilers. Smid came via the Pronger trade and they brought him into the NHL too quickly (he's had to learn on the job the past 6-7 years). In terms of ability, Petry is the best Oilers d-man, but is prone to some major breakdowns at times. Smid is their best defensive d-man, and one of the few they have that is mean and will clear the net.

But yeah, for many, many years the Oilers either did not draft d-men or they drafted complete busts. This was further made worse by the Oilers rushing any and all good prospects into the NHL far too quickly. Couple that with them flushing decent middle-tier players year-to-year over minor cash differences or retardation meant that the OIlers had no depth to insulate the younger players. You can see that with the Oilers right now. They can't sit anyone after a bad game, or to spell them because.. the depth on the Oilers is either hurt.. or, well, suck.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: November 06, 2013, 07:38:26 AM

So the Habs hosted the Blues last night, hadn't seen St Louis play in a while. They looked REALLY good. A lot of very fast and strong forwards. Played an interesting forecheck system too, not deep aggressive down low, but more smothered the breakout closer to defender blue line. Very good at stopping a rusher or transition pass. I am thinking the defenders should maybe lob it over that more , which you don't see much of in the NHL even though I find it to be pretty effective play personally.

I would say this could be the year the Blues finally go deep after 3  years of hype and then disappointment, although I am not sold on Halak's goalltending (and I say this as a Montreal fan who has spent many years watching him). It is too dependent on reflexes and razor sharp focus, to compensate for mediocre positioning and poor rebound control. Still, when he's hot, he's hot.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #79 on: November 06, 2013, 09:06:27 AM

For all the scary teams in the west, the team I always fear the Canucks meeting in the playoffs the last few years is the Blues. Hitchcock doesn't produce the most fun to watch hockey, but he's a hell of an effective coach.

WayAbvPar

Reply #80 on: November 06, 2013, 09:37:26 AM

For all the scary teams in the west, the team I always fear the Canucks meeting in the playoffs the last few years is the Blues. Hitchcock doesn't produce the most fun to watch hockey, but he's a hell of an effective coach.

They are a fun rival for the Canucks too. Always very 'spirited' games.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: November 06, 2013, 10:43:54 AM

I didn't see the Blues going far the past few years because I didn't feel their core group was seasoned enough. Now their younger guys are approaching primes and played a lot more crisply, and more confident so I think they will be extra dangerous (assuming the goaltending doesn't fall apart).
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: November 06, 2013, 12:57:18 PM

The Blues are a very good team. Every year the guys they've got get better and they either ship out those that are struggling or insulate them to let them improve. Can be somewhat boring to watch, but it is quite effect when their players stick to the systems. They're also one of those teams that will wear down opponents with a lot of small hits and rub-outs. Nothing major but few of their players shy away from a battle or finishing their check, regardless of size. Tends to force some players to move the puck faster than necessary against them, which opens up turn overs.

If their goaltending can stay good in the playoffs they have a lot of potential, I agree. Only problem they have is there are a number of other teams who can match their play-style or nearly so but also have more skill (Kings, Hawks). Those are the three teams, imo, that are truly dangerous in the playoffs. I just don't see the Canucks, Ducks or Sharks as possibles for winning the cup. Granted, I'm biased against the Sharks because they are the best playoff choke team in recent history (though the Canucks have been trying to take that title). I'm expecting a Chicago-St. Louis conference final this year.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #83 on: November 08, 2013, 06:36:02 AM

Was rather shocked to see a graphic in last night's game - the Blues are scoring almost four goals a game right now. With a coach who's natural instinct is to get mad at his players for getting breakaways instead of peeling back to defend.

Canucks really needed to win that game last night the way they did. We'd lost nine straight to SJ. Especially impressive after giving up a goal on the first shot, in a way I've never seen happen in 35 years of watching hockey.

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: November 08, 2013, 04:09:31 PM

Well.. Oilers just traded Smid and disappointing goalie prospect Olivier Roy to the Flames for Roman Horak and made-expendable goalie prospect Brossiot. Horrific trade for the Oilers, given Smid's good contract, presence in the room and the fact that despite him struggling this year, the Oilers cannot replace him from within the organization; we just don't have anyone who mixes his defensive capabilities, shot blocking and attitude.

And the other shoe that may have instigated this? Oilers might be trying to get Bryzgalov!

Such a bad night for Oiler fans.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: November 08, 2013, 08:15:04 PM

Well.. Oilers just traded Smid and disappointing goalie prospect Olivier Roy to the Flames for Roman Horak and made-expendable goalie prospect Brossiot. Horrific trade for the Oilers, given Smid's good contract, presence in the room and the fact that despite him struggling this year, the Oilers cannot replace him from within the organization; we just don't have anyone who mixes his defensive capabilities, shot blocking and attitude.

And the other shoe that may have instigated this? Oilers might be trying to get Bryzgalov!

Such a bad night for Oiler fans.

Congrats on signing Bryzgalov!!! awesome, for real
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Edmonton/2013/11/08/21255346.html

And yeah, that was a nice deal for Calgary.  Smid is only 27 with almost 500 games under his belt and is signed for the next 4 years at $3.5 million.  Horak is a 3rd liner at best and Brossoit only turned pro this year, so who knows what he'll ever do.  Also, I believe this is only the 2nd trade ever between Edmonton and Calgary.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: November 09, 2013, 02:45:11 AM

Yeah, saw they signed Bryzgalov only a bit after my post. Just couldn't muster up enough will power to publicly acknowledge the fact so soon after we got hosed. In one of the most high pressure hockey markets on the planet (because, really, everything gets compared to the '80s team and we've got fuck all else to do here in Edmonton) we sign the goaltender most notorious for melting down in high pressure situations.

Smid trade is just utter and complete nonsense. Entire ordeal is pure panic mode from the Oilers. Couple that with the high likelihood of Hemsky getting traded shortly and the cumulative affects of having been an Oiler fan since '86 (I was three) and I'm surprisingly close to calling it quits on this Mickey Mouse organization. I know a lot of fans around here in the same boat. Sad thing is probably just how long it took.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: November 09, 2013, 08:26:28 AM

How's the quality of the top 5 draft prospects looking this year?
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: November 09, 2013, 10:40:01 AM

There are some really good ones. However, its next year you want the #1 pick; likely generational talent up for grabs that year who could very well be at Crosby's level.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: November 09, 2013, 04:08:54 PM

Yeah, saw they signed Bryzgalov only a bit after my post. Just couldn't muster up enough will power to publicly acknowledge the fact so soon after we got hosed. In one of the most high pressure hockey markets on the planet (because, really, everything gets compared to the '80s team and we've got fuck all else to do here in Edmonton) we sign the goaltender most notorious for melting down in high pressure situations.

Smid trade is just utter and complete nonsense. Entire ordeal is pure panic mode from the Oilers. Couple that with the high likelihood of Hemsky getting traded shortly and the cumulative affects of having been an Oiler fan since '86 (I was three) and I'm surprisingly close to calling it quits on this Mickey Mouse organization. I know a lot of fans around here in the same boat. Sad thing is probably just how long it took.

Yeah, I feel bad for the Oilers.  They've been mismanaged for years.  Flames were in the same boat but it looks like they might be going in the right direction.  Calgary only has 2 more wins than the Oilers yet if you ask anyone with any hockey knowledge which has been the better the team and more difficult to play against, I don't think anyone in their right mind would say Edmonton.  Calgary has been competitive in almost every game this year, which bodes well for the future.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: November 09, 2013, 07:40:44 PM

Problem with the Oilers is fairly simple; Katz (the owner) wanted to recreate Boys on the Bus, and as such has given and guaranteed the jobs of the old former Oilers, such as Lowe, Smith, Buchberger and so on. Who he gets to hang out with has been more important than turning the franchise around.

This is a team that should have started the rebuild right after the '06 run (given that we lost 3 of our top 6 defenders after that should, and those were the best 3 defensemen on the team, explain why), or after '07 at the latest. Instead they waited until after the '09 season. The plan was for a 5 year rebuild.. so we're not even there yet. Rebuild is technically over after this season, by the Grand Plan. I could write a lot on why the Oilers have screwed this rebuild up, but there's really no point in it anymore.

I mean, when your franchise is at the point of bringing in Bryzgalov and trading a useful, but struggling, defender with a good contract to your primary rival instead of getting full value out of him? You know you're screwed.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: November 26, 2013, 04:24:12 PM

So, Rogers Communications has acquired the rights to broadcast all NHL games starting next year for $5.2 billion over the next 12 years.  Can't say I support having all NHL content being provided by one company, esp. since Sportsnet has a far inferior hockey program compared to TSN and CBC.  Speaking of TSN, I think they're pretty much screwed now.  I don't think this is going to work out well for fans having to go through Rogers to get their hockey.  Oh well.  I guess we'll be force fed even more Leaf coverage than ever before. ACK!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers-scores-national-nhl-tv-rights-for-5-2b-1.2440645
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 04:27:23 PM by Ginaz »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: November 26, 2013, 07:19:52 PM

As if I needed more reasons to hate Rogers. They couldn't make sportsnet worth a damn, so they are just going to force the issue I guess. You watched TSN for actual trade/draft/game info, you watched CBC for nostalgia/Don Cherry's crazy of the week and you watched Sportsnet when you had no other option.

Now we always have no other option it seems.   Ohhhhh, I see.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: November 27, 2013, 09:29:08 AM

The deal is fantastic for the hockey teams (big increase in revenue as they're going from ~$100 million per year from all three networks to ~430 million per year) and absolutely fucking horrific for hockey fans. TSN was the far superior service in both analysing games and the actual game commentary. CBC, even with Don Cherry (the embodiment of racism in hockey) was second -- largely due to Elliot Friedman. Sportsnet was an awful experience; commentators who never had a clue (several of their big name guys get laughed at when they apply for jobs within the NHL, like GM jobs, coaching jobs.. assistant coaching jobs -- because they were some of the worst at their jobs before they had to settle for doing TV) and openly mock various parts of their audience (the advanced stat crowd) and generally only pay attention to maybe three of the seven Canadian teams (generally Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver; the sheer number of factual errors Sportsnet and its people have put forward about the Oilers, Jets, Flames and Senators is astounding).

Sportsnet was getting clobbered in coverage and did the only thing it could; it bought exclusivity to prevent itself from being rendered obsolete in a few years when TSN was rumoured to have more channels ready to take on a bigger portion of the NHL schedule. Smart play by them in that regard but I doubt it will pay off for them considering they are stuck in the '90s in terms of personnel, production values and how they approach things. Unless they are willing to spend the money and poach the best from CBC and TSN this will not work out. When Maclean and Kypreos are your big guys you're screwed long term. If they can get Friedman, LeBrun and Ferraro it might change, but I find it hard to believe they'll spend even more money to make a better product now that they have the rights on lockdown for twelve years.

Thankfully I already use hockeystreams.com and generally use the American feeds when possible, unless its a TSN game or I have no choice (CBC/Sportsnet only coverage due to it being an all-Canadian game). Which is kind of sad. Cheaper, though, as it meant I was able to completely drop cable/satellite/etc. and now I just download my tv shows and use a cheaper source for all my hockey needs [that already had zero blackouts, full DVR integration on their end, and provide access to pretty much all hockey and not just the NHL).
WayAbvPar

Reply #94 on: November 28, 2013, 09:33:53 AM

Does this mean no more HNIC? Because I will cut a motherfucker.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: November 28, 2013, 10:34:02 AM

Short term, maybe, long term, probably.

HNIC will still exist for at least 4 years, but Rogers will have all creative/producer controller or whatever its called. I'm guessing they won't just destroy it all right away, but pick away at it slowly instead. After that they won't have an obligation to keep HNIC around, so it'll be gone if Rogers is as stupid and greedy as we think they are (spoilers: they are).

WayAbvPar

Reply #96 on: November 28, 2013, 06:04:24 PM

Well at least I can get Direct TV instead after that. One of the main reasons I keep Comcast is because we are close enough to the border for them to include CBC (CBUT) in the channel selections. Love me some HNIC.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: November 29, 2013, 07:41:44 PM

The Leafs are cans of garbage. This is just like, little league shit.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: December 03, 2013, 11:46:59 AM

My Habs are doing great. No injuries, all star goaltending, 3 scoring lines rolling, 2 all star dmen and 3 solid supporters, #6 dman is weak, Douglas Murray or Francis Bouillon, neither really belong in NHL anymore, could use a rental upgrade there.

I'm about to cut my cable so I don't really give a shit about this Rogers/TVA deal. I'll  probably get gamecenter since it seems to have better reviews for quality than hockeystreams. I'll get a VPN spoof service to get around blackouts, and for other stuff (US netflix, hulu, etc.). Don't mind paying a bit more when I'm saving 80$ a month on cable tv.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: December 03, 2013, 10:16:50 PM

My Habs are doing great. No injuries, all star goaltending, 3 scoring lines rolling, 2 all star dmen and 3 solid supporters, #6 dman is weak, Douglas Murray or Francis Bouillon, neither really belong in NHL anymore, could use a rental upgrade there.

I'm about to cut my cable so I don't really give a shit about this Rogers/TVA deal. I'll  probably get gamecenter since it seems to have better reviews for quality than hockeystreams. I'll get a VPN spoof service to get around blackouts, and for other stuff (US netflix, hulu, etc.). Don't mind paying a bit more when I'm saving 80$ a month on cable tv.

I vastly prefer hocketstreams to gamecenter. Some people have some issues with hockeystreams, but personally I think I have issues maybe one game in twelve? Throw in the utter lack of blackouts and the ability to watch games from the AHL and various Junior leagues, the KHL, World Jrs. and so on.. and being cheaper, I can't see myself ever switching from it.

That said, the guys who run hockeystreams don't actually know much about hockey. I've had to try and explain basic rules to them (like how high sticking works) and it never goes over well. Ah well. They are Wings fans, so that figures.  why so serious?
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: December 04, 2013, 04:15:33 AM

My Habs are doing great.

Thursday night baby! Let's see how great they are doing..:D

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: December 04, 2013, 10:14:08 AM

A perfect ambush game for the Bruins... Habs play on road night before while Boston sitting around waiting for 4 days.

I don't get why Montreal/Jersey home & home wasn't Monday/Tuesday instead of Monday Wednesday? It's not liike NJ plays Thursday, and didn't play Sunday either. Really annoys me stupid scheduling like this.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: December 04, 2013, 11:24:54 AM

Yeah Bruins have a 5 day break, seems kinda silly.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: December 04, 2013, 01:50:58 PM

I'm not making excuses, cuz it really could hurt either team. Montreal could show up with game legs while the Bruins start slow from the time off. Or Montreal just plays gassed all night, while Boston buzzes with energy. I've seen it go both ways.

Just maddening to see a poor display of hockey from either side due to schedule, not cool when you're asking 300-500$ for top tickets.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: December 05, 2013, 08:28:25 PM

Loved that habs vs b's game. best of year so far. playoff intensity.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2013 - 2014  
Jump to: