Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 08:34:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: First Adventure Pack coming soon(tm)! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Adventure Pack coming soon(tm)!  (Read 5638 times)
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

on: March 01, 2005, 09:20:03 AM

Quote from: EQ2 Website
Adventure Pack includes:
- Five new areas to explore and conquer, including the Tombs of Night, which will be free to all players when the new story unfolds on March 21st

- Experience new instances for soloists, groups, and raids

- Choose to help either the Brotherhood of Night or the Hand of Marr as you embark on dozens of new quests across different storylines for good and evil players alike

- Encounter ferocious new creatures such as Vampires, Hellhounds, Fleshgoyles and Revenants

- Follow the dynamic storyline as your actions influence the outcome of your progressive adventure

- Find new ways to interact with the environment including destructable walls that lead to unexplored tombs

- Exclusive themed content including vampiric magic-based spells and items

- Discover new Neriak items for players of all levels

- Fortune and glory for the 1st raid group to defeat T'Haen The Lost
http://everquest2.station.sony.com/adventures/bloodline/

Those who preordered EQ2, have Station Access, or preorder the Adv. Pack will get a bit of a jump start on the new zones, apparently.  Looks kinda neat.  Not sure if I'll get it immediately.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 09:25:01 AM

Not sure if I'll jump in right away either, though I'll sure check out the free area.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 09:31:39 AM

I plan to partake in packs that are relevant to my main, but he is only 23 right now.

I have never played WoW.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 10:13:59 AM

It does look interesting.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Aenovae
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 02:35:21 PM

I'm on the fence about this one.

It may be a great new revenue scheme for online games, or it may be one step closer to "give us $10 for your next sword upgrade."

My guild has already preordred the adventure, but I'm gonna wait and see how it plays out before commiting.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 08:43:41 AM

The first preview zone you can enter is pretty decent. Its a 1-2 person dungeon and is pretty darn sweet if you want to solo or have a buddy and just want to do some damage for good xp and loot.  Things like this are a very good addition eq2 is pretty fun but some days I am just not up to rounding up the full crew and I want to be a bit antisocial. Previously there was precious little you could do solo post 20 that was fun but they really do seem to be aware of the issue and are adding some nifty stuff.

Also for a solo or duo dungeon the loot that drops from it is very spiffy. I managed to get some boots last night that had our druids drooling. It was light armor boots with +9 wis and alot of ac.  Drops are not super common but since there is no reentry timer you can keep doing it as much as you want.

kaid
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 10:25:24 AM

Won't be getting it, since I like to use gamecards instead of giving the evil SOE my credit card number.  Bah humbug.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 12:13:34 PM

Won't be getting it, since I like to use gamecards instead of giving the evil SOE my credit card number.  Bah humbug.

Are you also a frequent listener/believer in the "Coast to Coast AM" radio show?

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 01:14:48 PM

Nope, it just forces me to decide month-to-month whether I really feel live giving SOE my $$$.  On a CC sub, I just let things slide during my frequent absences and then they end up getting paid for doing nothing at all.  Fuck that.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 01:29:56 PM

Nope, it just forces me to decide month-to-month whether I really feel live giving SOE my $$$.  On a CC sub, I just let things slide during my frequent absences and then they end up getting paid for doing nothing at all.  Fuck that.

Well, I may be raining on your parade here, but from what I understand the adventure packs are a one-time only charge. You could still use the Game Card for month to month play, and if you wanted to add the adventure pack you would make a one-time payment to unlock that content. I guess if SOE wanted to they could sell the Adventure Pack as game card, but that adds a lot of overhead for a $5 item.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 01:53:52 PM

I'll just be lazy and wait until they have a bunch of them out, and then buy them all at once.

Aenovae
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005, 08:20:28 PM

I'll just be lazy and wait until they have a bunch of them out, and then buy them all at once.

Except by them you'll have outleveled most of them, so there will be no point.

Everything in the new zone is grey to me, so I'm not buying.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 08:27:37 AM

It would be useful for secondary characters.  Then again, my main is only 23.  It's not like I'm blazing through the content as it is.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 09:42:36 AM

The adventure pack is slotted for people level 30 to 45. The initial preview dungeons  for the first instance is level 30 to 38 probably and the second a couple levels higher.

I completed both of the instances this weekend with a paladin friend assisting. I have to say I am very pleased with them. It is very challanging at level 30 or 31 and its a damn good way to get xp and phat loots while kicking around with a buddy.

I also like the fact that if I am either not in the mood or unable to get a full group there is some fun stuff to do with just 2 people.

Kaid
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: First Adventure Pack coming soon(tm)!  
Jump to: