Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:19:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Talk Like A Pirate daily Deal (75% off pirate theme games) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Talk Like A Pirate daily Deal (75% off pirate theme games)  (Read 2119 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

on: September 19, 2013, 01:01:26 PM

Most daily deals aren't overly great lately, but I like this one. Steam needs more of these sales to justify fake holiday's (though this is in the top 5 of the fake holidays).

75% off the following games

Risen 2: Dark Waters
Space Pirates and Zombies
Patrician IV
Port Royal 3
Jolly Rover
The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack
Pirates of Black Cove
Woody Two Legs: Attack of the Zombie Pirates
Sid Meier's Pirates
Kaptain Brawe: A Brave New World
Zombie Pirates
Age of Booty
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 01:18:05 PM

What's the consensus on Patrician IV, not having played any of the previous versions of the game?

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 03:35:32 PM

I haven't played Patrician 4 (in fact, I've only played 1 and 2), but from what I've heard; its a decent game for the genre, comparatively, but not one of the best in the series. I enjoyed Patrician 2 a fair bit until the later stages of the game but 3 and 4 are basically the same game with minor additions with each new release and shinier graphics. Generally the town building aspect of the games is okay, but can be annoying the further you get in the game due to how many support buildings you have to build just so it all doesn't collapse (or burn down). The combat is, unless they changed it from 2, a weird mix of arcade and a dumbed down kind of realism -- and was fun to begin with but got boring once you figured out how to destroy and kind of opponent with the cheapest level of ships. Also, the AI tends to be four shades of stupid.

The trading aspect of the game is where it shines, unsurprisingly. It gets a bit tedious, however, unless you throw up automated routes.. at which point you have nothing to do but manage your buildings in various towns.

But, like I said.. that's assuming they didn't change a whole lot from 2, but that developer usually doesn't put a lot of change into each successive version of their games.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Talk Like A Pirate daily Deal (75% off pirate theme games)  
Jump to: