Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:47:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Sleepy Hollow 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sleepy Hollow  (Read 8001 times)
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 01:06:29 PM

Or they could just have one a scene where they take him to Walmart and buy him some clothes that don't smell like the cave he crawled out of.  Hell the whole episode could be filmed there, one of the Demons could stroll in looking all People of Walmart and he could take it out with a muzzle loader from the gun section.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 02:46:54 PM

Yes.  This is the 21st century.  No one wants to smell your crotch through your clothes.  I wouldn't mind it so much if his jacket wasn't so dusty all the time.  It's funny how something so unimportant to the show can be a bit annoying.  If the show gets better, I can look past that.  It feels as if they're going the "Supernatural" direction.  I like Supernatural and I wouldn't mind another show along those lines.  Underlying theme is fine with me as long as each episode is a new story, too.  If it goes that way, I might keep watching.  My only REAL criteria is that it's entertaining. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 12, 2013, 04:02:01 PM

I watched the latest episode today over lunch.  I note he's still in his 19th century clothes.  I suppose the writers are afraid we'll forget who he is if he shows up in jeans and polo or something.  Also, he's some sort of 18th century evironmentalist who's appalled at the cop chick's intimation that the local watershed doesn't contain water fit for drinking.  Despite the minor annoyances though I was able to actually watch the episode.  I think I'm mostly watching to see how they get out of the box they've written for themselves with the whole witnesses to the end times thing.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 07:11:23 AM

I can see the being very confused over the bottled water. Hell when I was a kid people would have looked at you like you were crazy if you said you wanted to charge them a buck for a bottle of water.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 04:48:12 PM

Given the state of sanitation in the 18th century I don't think seeing clean drinking water for sale would have thrown anyone from that time.   I remember when people started buying bottled water in a big way that most of disbelief was because people were paying for something that they could get for free from the nearest tap.  Tap water doesn't always taste great but it's (no matter what the house filter folks would like you to think) safe to drink and aside from convenience there's no real reason to buy bottled water.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Sleepy Hollow  
Jump to: