Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Faeria 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Faeria  (Read 12326 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: September 15, 2013, 11:10:14 PM

Mmmkay, it's been a while but here's a pretty nifty little strategic TCG I betaed:
http://play.faeria.net/
www.faeria.net

Right now it's closed beta (easy to get a key though), and the end of week it'll go open beta.
I look at it as a "high culture" version of Pox Nora.  Soothing music, go-based territory control, simple trading, simpler gameplay - yet deep.  Design is very functional save some clunky ability activation. 

So far I like it better than the other strat TCGs out there (pox, scrolls?, cardhunter, etc.)

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 11:10:05 AM

Point me to a key, I'll take a look at it.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 06:35:31 PM

They shut down for the week in prep for Friday's beta release.  Unclear if they're going to open beta the game yet but it'll be a much larger closed beta at the very least.  I'll find some keys this weekend.
I should preface all of this by saying if you don't like strat TCG's you definitely won't like this game.   It's more strat then cardpulling/playing; hands are small, draws are minimal and cost actions, most abilities cost resources, etc.

Lastly, this is a Danish game so the font is straight arial translated rather then vectored or scanned...  so the text is very "Asian."   If their impending KS goes well maybe they can pay someone to pimp it, along with finishing the pve campaign.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 07:39:38 PM

edit:
game is not f2p nor sub-based.  It's flat purchase.  Cards are had/won by playing, trading, and tourneys.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 08:39:58 PM

If it's anything like PoxNora and not a buggy java mess I'm interested.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 11:13:49 PM

If it's anything like PoxNora and not a buggy java mess I'm interested.

Here's the best infotube I've found on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfSWorWWvN4

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 08:14:14 AM

Soooo, I guess they decided to keep the beta closed and parsed, and wiped all the previous testers.  I'm in, but not sure if I'll be able to get more keys.  Best to take your chances with the beta app - it's painless, and likely you'll get in within a few days. 

Great game to play while you wait for the SHO queue to pop.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 04:22:40 AM

Seems technically competent and somewhat entertaining. I suspect I'll find it less entertaining when the matchmaking starts putting me against people who know how to play card games. Currently 4-0 with a blue/yellow weenie rush deck, because collecting faeria is for chumps (until I start unlocking rare cards, presumably).
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 02:24:49 PM

I've given up playing until they fix the deckbuilder.  I had/have so many things I wanted to try but can't because you can only build one deck at a time.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 07:18:25 AM

I see a Piranha Plant.

Kind of weird how the metaphor is cards but in-game you have orbs - why not use cards, or put them on stands like in a board game as if you were physically slotting them into stands?

Maybe it's just the video but the game seems to run like molasses.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 07:14:00 PM

So, years later this is on steam early access and just went f2p (with all that that means, it seems).

Anyone playing it?

Edit: crashed in second tutorial game. Doesn't look as fun as Duelyst so I'm out.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:26:41 AM by lamaros »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Faeria  
Jump to: