Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:11:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: In The Flesh 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In The Flesh  (Read 1065 times)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

on: September 11, 2013, 03:14:39 AM

Zombie apocalypse "The Rising" is stopped in its tracks when a treatment is found. Condition becomes known as Partially Deceased Syndrome. They get to go home.

First series is just 3 episodes, but a full series is set for 2014. Seems to have tanked on BBC America because Walking Dead.

I started watching it last night. It's promising: trailer.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 04:18:46 AM

Seems to have tanked on BBC America because Walking Dead.

It may have tanked because ultimately it wasn't about zombies, it was a love drama about two gay zombies living in a town of whatever people in Great Britain call hillbillies. And not because of good old fashioned homophobia, but because it was pretty unexciting. I  imagine people tuned in expecting to see anything involving zombies and instead they got Frodo Baggins in pancake makeup moping through three episodes.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:22:24 AM by angry.bob »

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 08:14:26 AM

I saw them and didn't like them much, either.  It made me feel slow and depressed because zombies should be either brainless or snarky, but never emo because that's vampires.  Maybe they'll spice it up next season.  Put them all in school and make it like a zombie Skins or sommat.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 09:09:15 AM

I liked it.  I also liked that it wasn't normal zombies though, the stuff they have set up with the zombie 'rebels' should be interesting next season.

The scenes where his family get to confront him about his suicide I thought where especially touching.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: In The Flesh  
Jump to: