Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:36:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Bannings inc 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bannings inc  (Read 4280 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

on: February 28, 2005, 03:46:34 PM

The rumor mill has it that new type 2/Standard bannings will be announced on Tuesday, March 1st. 

Ravager is getting the old heave ho.

If anyone still cares.....
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 06:39:29 PM

Ravager shouldn't, but artifact lands should. And I still care. I was playing just yesterday matter of fact.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 07:19:35 PM

Ravager affinity stifles the entire format.  But banning artifact lands would take out KCI decks (which I don't like either) and Broodstar affinity (which would otherwise see a resurgance, and really is at about the right power level).

KCI is a pain in the ass.  I just don't think combo decks that go off regularly should be legal in type 2.  It kills any slow deck that doesn't have a massive amount of disruption.  Basically,  just mono-blue.

In extended,  it's not so bad.  There's alot of cheap and easy disruption,  with available mana fixers,  to splash counters.  And there are plenty of silver bullets that take care of the combo.

With Ravager down,  expect to see in tier 1:

Tooth & Nail
Monoblue
Monored control/land d decks

Tier 2:
White weenie
Monogreen
Sligh (burn decks)

Even with ravager gone,  Wizards needs to stop fucking with the colors.  They can't seem to figure out what it is that white, blue, and black should be doing.  They keep throwing bones to those colors,  and they still can't seem to do too much.  It's going to get worse with Nineth Ed too,  cause Wrath goes bye bye.

I'd love to see some lands that made playing more than one color a viable option again.... Well, besides G/whatever.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 07:57:59 PM

So, what's your name on MtGO? I don't even have you on my buddy list, I'm Schild.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 02:14:21 PM

People who play with nothing but shrines make me cry.

What can you do about shrines, anyway? Are they enchantments? lands? artifacts? or just a cue that your opponent has spent hundreds of dollars and you're going to lose?
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 03:19:37 PM

Shrines? As in the ones from CoK? They're worth something? Sheiiiiit. I should sell mine.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 09:28:38 PM

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
ZenScrotum
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 07:16:51 PM

Lum: The Hondens, assuming those are the ones you are talking about, are just Enchantments. I usually kill em with Disenchants or Purify, or well, anything else that kills enchantments. They can be raw if they get enough of them out, but on the whole, they are negligable.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 08:12:48 PM

I dunno...with my Shrines deck, if i get a least 2 shrines out, especially early, the opponent falls way behind.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Bannings inc  
Jump to: