Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:59:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Crowdsourcing blogs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crowdsourcing blogs  (Read 5516 times)
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

on: August 05, 2013, 06:58:26 PM

Is it just me, or is CCP misdirecting everyone?

They've apparently announced a list of things they'll work on, some 1200 minor items, of which they've picked 99 and the player base gets to vote on which 15 or so get worked on?  With a timeline of "we've groomed the list down to 99 items for a month, then you guys vote for a month, then we tally the votes and publish the results after another month, then we work on each item for a month, then we repeat after 18 months again."

Everybody is so busy voting in a 140-page thread (since Friday) that they don't notice that CCP could implement ALL 99 items in about 2 months, if they actually had some devs actually do some work on the game.  They are minor issues.  "Make the EVE Gate star brightly visible from everywhere like it says in the lore."  Mkay.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 01:31:14 AM

CCP are awful game devs who peddle pipedreams and hype that they know everyone will forget about given enough time. I remember when Planetary Interaction and Dust 514 were supposed to be this co-existing feature. I've been clicking the same stupid buttons on planets for 3 years now and while Dust 514 has launched it's clear PI will never have anything to do with it. At least we have the largely inconsequential orbital bombardment gimmick. After Incarna they probably realized their nature of half-assing anything major and we will see a lot of touch-ups and mini-improvements that still take a long time to implement.

Dust 514 player numbers are small. Abysmally small for a "revolutionary game cohesion" schtick. Since Blacklight: Revolution, a succesful PC FPS, is coming to PS4 it seems the only viable option for Dust is to migrate to PC, like all of us wanted it to in the first place.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 03:24:19 PM

Am I reading this right? Dust didn't break the 10K player mark ever?

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 03:31:59 PM

This just in: CCP never made a game.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 07:42:19 PM

Typically you multiply the "peak users" number by 5 to get the server population.  So that would theoretically be 30k players, at some point long ago.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 06:52:35 AM

Lets face it, when they said that having people meet in station could crash their servers forever you knew they were full of crap and could not code. Every single MMO in existence has managed the equivalent of walking in stations for years. Hell crappy korean grindfests like Space cowboys/air rivals did it.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Crowdsourcing blogs  
Jump to: