Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:25:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M Open~ Round 4/5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M Open~ Round 4/5  (Read 10713 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: July 30, 2013, 02:36:32 PM

ROUND 4

Table:

1   Centaurs of Attention         DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
2   Chaos String Theorists         DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
3   Illusions of Grandeur         DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS +1
4   Magrathea Cricket Club       DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS +1
5   Syners United       DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
6   Coldfingers       DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS +1
7   Muscle Daddies       DRILLING AND MANLINESS +1
8   Brawling Belgian Brewers         DRILLING AND MANLINESS +2
9   Final Ladies     DRILLING AND MANLINESS +2
10   Cupcake Madness       DRILLING AND MANLINESS +1
11   Hi Fructose Khorne Syrup         +1
12   Explosions in the Sky         swamp poop +2
13   Turd Burglars     swamp poop +2
14   Heroes of Blood and Bowl       swamp poop +2
15   Polska All Stars       swamp poop +3

DRILLING AND MANLINESS represents a point
 swamp poop represents zero points so far
 +1 represents a game not yet played

Games not yet played give you zero points for ranking, but one point for the purposes of determining the group you're in for fixtures, so DRILLING AND MANLINESS +1 , would mean the team will be in the 2 point score group and will play a 2 point team in the next round.

Ranking is Points > Points scored by opponents you have played > f13 ranking.

In general the fixtures work by dividing the table into groups of equal score and then matching highest vs lowest ranked within a score group, and subject to noone playing the same team twice.

Play these matches by 22nd AUGUST!

(note prior unplayed matches have been carried forward)

Illusions of Grandeur
 ~vs~  
Magrathea Cricket Club
Coldfingers
 ~vs~  
Explosions in the Sky
Final Ladies
 ~vs~  
Brawling Belgian Brewers
Muscle Daddies
 ~vs~  
Heroes of Blood and Bowl
Cupcake Madness
 ~vs~  
Turd Burglars
      Hi Fructose Khorne Syrup
 ~vs~  
Explosions in the Sky
Brawling Belgian Brewers
 ~vs~  
Polska All Stars
Final Ladies
 ~vs~  
Polska All Stars
Turd Burglars
 ~vs~  
Heroes of Blood & Bowl

Couple of notes, the Polska All Stars have not had another match scheduled - but have 2 to play and will get two more in round 5 to make up the numbers.

I will not be carrying matches forward from this round - round 5 will be the final round and we need to get this done so we can start gearing up for the next main league season. Arbitrary results will be assigned for unplayed matches once round 4 ends.

I've sheduled a ton of time for this round - please get your matches played so that the league works for everyone.

Results so far...

Syners United
 2 - 1  
High Fructose Khorne Syrup
Centaurs of Attention
 0 - 0  
Chaos String Theorists
Illusions of Grandeur
 3 - 1  
Explosions in the Sky
Muscle Daddies
 1 - 1  
Hi Fructose Khorne Syrup
Explosions in the Sky
 0 - 2  
Magrathea Cricket Club
Cupcake Madness
 0 - 3  
Coldfingers
Centaurs of Attention
 1 - 1  
Magrathea Cricket Club
Syners United
 0 - 1  
Brawling Belgian Brewers
Chaos String Theorists
 1 - 1  
Paul Bearers
Turd Burglars
 0 - 3  
Coldfingers
Muscle Daddies
 0 - 3
Illusions of Grandeur
Chaos String Theorists
 2 - 1  
Cupcake Madness
Hi Fructose Khorne Syrup
 1 - 2  
Magrathea Cricket Club
Syners United
 2 - 0  
Heroes of Blood & Bowl
Centaurs of Attention
 1 - 0  
Final Ladies
        Brawling Belgian Brewers
 0 - 1  
Illusions of Grandeur
Muscle Daddies
 2 - 1  
Polska All Stars
Centaurs of Attention
 2 - 0  
Turd Burglars
Coldfingers
 1 - 2  
Final Ladies
Chaos String Theorists
 2 - 1  
Syners United
Cupcake Madness
 3 - 2  
Heroes of Blood & Bowl

Coaches:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:28:34 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 03:14:38 PM

Oh my stars and garters, an opponent in a vaguely similar time zone!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 04:10:17 PM

Ok, so I should probably track down Catfud and actually play the game anyway.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 04:37:08 PM

Play all the games.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 07:18:32 PM

Neat!  I get to play Swiftblade.

When are you available?  I'm open all weekend, and Thursday.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 10:48:35 PM

Neat!  I get to play Swiftblade.

When are you available?  I'm open all weekend, and Thursday.

I'm away this weekend and Thursday is out too. The following weekend should be good.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 01:40:44 AM

Oh hey, Bloodbowl is happening!

Meester Satael, I can play pretty much any evening. I'm GMT+1 and work office hours so weekdays after around 7pm my time or any sane time at weekends is fine for me.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 03:26:01 AM

Oh hey, Bloodbowl is happening!

Meester Satael, I can play pretty much any evening. I'm GMT+1 and work office hours so weekdays after around 7pm my time or any sane time at weekends is fine for me.

I'm UTC+2 so we only have 2(? never sure with all the daylight savings stuff) hour difference and I'm around most evenings so it should be easy to get the game played for once.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 05:31:35 AM

I'm away this weekend and Thursday is out too. The following weekend should be good.

Sounds great to me.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 06:14:11 AM

Illusions of Grandeur 3 - 1 Explosions in the Sky in a late game for the previous round.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 07:24:48 AM

Added to the table, Illusions go top, Explosions also gain a place because of their increased opponents points total.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 02:09:31 PM

Centaurs of Attention 0 - 0 Chaos String Theorists

(my favourite moment was when my beastman failed a GFI while running for touchdown and died... second was when the next ball carrier on the second half of the game just short of being able to score next turn failed his first GFI too, but strangely he didn't die)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:23:15 PM by satael »
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 02:18:49 PM

Centaurs of Attention 0 - 0 Chaos String Theorists

(my favourite moment was when my beastman failed a GFI while running for touchdown and died...)

My favourite moment was any of the 8 out of 8 times that I tried to pick the ball up, used a reroll and failed. Those were awesome. I started with the ball thanks to a high kick and that was the only time that any of my players would ever have possession of the ball. No score in the first half thanks to a solid defence by Satael and clownshoes ball handling from my Hobgoblins. I thought I had a good chance in the second half when I had the goat with the ball pinned by both bull centaurs and a couple of dwarfs away from any of the heavy crew on the Chaos team. Unfortunately the hobgoblins hadn't taken their boxing gloves off at half time and I never had a chance to capitalise on the pressure I was creating.

Two of Satael's players died but he saved one with an apoth. I had two serious injuries, an MNG Dwarf and a hobgoblin with -Str who has been fired. Two levelups apiece.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 02:24:48 PM

One of levelups was for the injured -str beastman who got kicked out for not rolling doubles. The other was for my claw beastman that learned to pile on...
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 10:48:19 PM

Sounds great to me.

Change of plans, will be around this weekend now. What time zone are you again? I'm GMT+1

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 08:53:59 AM

I am GMT -5.    Anything from my noon on is generally open.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 10:43:45 PM

I am GMT -5.    Anything from my noon on is generally open.

Cool, your noon should be my 6pm. My baby goes to bed at 7-8pm, so maybe poke me after that time and see if we can arrange something?

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 02:49:55 PM

Very close and very fun game resulting in a narrow victory to Syners United. First half was all shitty rollls for me letting Ruvaldt do his thing and tear me up. 2 injuries, 3 KOs and 1-0 to him.

Elves being elves and my dice getting better I did some bullshit sodging, pick up and passing and pulled the game back to an ultimate win.

Very good game, Khorne did an excellent job despite 3 mercs and a greater demon who failed practically every wild animal roll.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #18 on: August 03, 2013, 07:58:29 PM

It was a fun game.  Yeah, Big Red is a big pile of useless TV dragging me down.  Having three mercs hurt, but it wasn't so bad, really.  

I'm getting better with Khorne, but it's still very much out of my comfort zone.  I'm a methodical coach who doesn't take a lot of risks and grinds opponents down.  The Khorne lack of block and dodge is fine, because I'm used to young Chaos/Human teams, but the combination of that and frenzy, in addition to a reliance on a big guy, really makes the team a tough one for me.  I like it though.  It's a challenge.

Swiftblade played a great game also, as I knew he would, and earned every bit of that victory.  We need to play more often, I really had a good time.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 04:30:55 AM

Swiftblade moves up 5 positions with that win, Ingmar also gains two spots because he draws level with Luckton and Stabby on opp score, but outranks them on f13 rating.

stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 11:57:33 PM

Well, this is a bit awkward (and mildly funny actually), as wouldn't ya know it the week I end up flipping my sleeping schedule* (one that just happens to put me quite in line with those of y'all on the other shore of ye Atlantic) just happens to be one where my opponent is relatively close to me time wise.

So, HaemishM, since I believe you'll be the one adding further bruises to my hoity-toity Elvies (please not the face btw), how does your weekend look, early afternoons in particular? (Oh, and for reference on time difference, it's just shy of 3AM at time of this post).

*short version: Insomnia and early mornings just don't mix well.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 09:18:30 AM

So, HaemishM, since I believe you'll be the one adding further bruises to my hoity-toity Elvies (please not the face btw), how does your weekend look, early afternoons in particular? (Oh, and for reference on time difference, it's just shy of 3AM at time of this post).

I think that puts you 3 hours ahead of me (GMT -5). I should be available one of the days this weekend in the early afternoon. I'll look for you on Steam.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 12:48:48 AM

Any ETA for round 5?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 05:37:41 PM

schpain's combo of being on the other side of the world and having an infant is making scheduling tricky but we perservere!
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 27, 2013, 09:50:08 PM

I completely blew it and missed our scheduled game by an hour and my brave opponent was nowhere to be seen.  Will try again once he reappears on Steam (5 days since last login).

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 09:54:32 PM

This is why you don't play in the offseason.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 02:46:47 AM

I was trying to find Eldeac so hard, I started harassing Ezrast.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 10:09:57 AM

I'll be about a bit tomorrow and Friday. Will roll on to final round as soon as that match is played as I don't think anyone further back can catch the leaders.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 08:21:59 PM

Glad I dropped out of this so I didn't hold everyone up!   why so serious?
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 07, 2013, 09:27:54 PM

Beating a Dead Horse
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #30 on: September 09, 2013, 10:17:03 AM

Just go ahead and count any of my games as forfeits in this league. My team is so bad, I don't think I'd have won any of them anyway, and it kind of saps my desire to play the games. I don't think I'll ever be able to get a team with schpain for our week 3 game, much less 2 others besides that.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 08:28:32 AM

Tinfoil Hat Beating a Dead Horse
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 10:58:23 AM

Sorry, somehow this fell completely off my radar - been so busy lately that I haven't been gaming a ton, let alone trying to track down people in wildly differing time zones. I'll redouble my efforts! Or at least start making one.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 19, 2013, 11:15:40 AM

Yeah, well, I will QUADRUPLE my efforts.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

(What's 4 times 0?)
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 01:07:24 PM

Is this the Season 8 signup thread?  IN.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M Open~ Round 4/5  
Jump to: