Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:51:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: A continuing trend... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A continuing trend...  (Read 10634 times)
Morat20
Terracotta Army

on: July 19, 2013, 03:09:56 PM

Continuing my habit of coming to any game two years -- minimum -- after everyone else, I just got this. So, you know, gonna try it out. Not sure if anyone else is still playing it.

I will say I've enjoyed the cinematics so far. They should hire those guys to do the movies.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 03:23:31 PM

I'll probably be on a bit tonight (Pacific time) if you want an invite to a fairly inactive guild, we play on Ebon Hawk. Achros on Imp. side, Kayce on Republic side, not sure where I'll be playing. Imp is more likely.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 04:25:30 PM

Hey, we have the ten active members bonus on Republic side! That means ... something!

God Save the Horn Players
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 04:50:05 PM

I have a Republic Jedi Knight. haven't tried figuring out the chat system yet. :) Did locate the "retro" interface, which thankfully put things in a format I'm more familiar with.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 02:28:25 AM

Added you on Steam, so you can shoot me a message at some point if you want an invite.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 08:43:59 AM

Apparently I have a Legacy now. And I did my first group mission, with the cutscenes and dialogues. Looks like there's some sort of roll to determine who gets to talk? Although the numbers add up to more than 100.

I kinda dig the whole group talking and interjecting. It's got a nice feel to it.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 12:06:50 PM

It is a 1-100 roll but you get an increasing bonus the longer you go without getting to say anything.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 12:41:22 PM

Hey, we have the ten active members bonus on Republic side! That means ... something!

What server?  I have a bunch of toons on both sides and may come back to this game for a little nostalgia.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 01:13:28 PM

What server?  I have a bunch of toons on both sides and may come back to this game for a little nostalgia.
Ebon Hawk. Do you add people via character name, legacy name, or login name?

Still not 100% on the legacy concept. Dicking around with crafting right now (treasure hunting, archealogy, and artificing, since I'm a Jedi Knight). Seems like a lot of sending my droid out.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 01:21:13 PM

You add character by name per toon.

Also crafting is kinda slow at the start but as you pick up more companions you can send out more.  For instance at level cap you can have 5 companions out crafting.  There are nodes you can use to help level Archaeology but you have to do missions to level up Treasure Hunting.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 01:42:13 PM

Ah. I'm Acica on Ebon Hawk. Level 14ish Jedi Guardian thingy.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 09:09:50 PM

Theonas on Empire side and Vetasha on Republic are the two I'm most likely to play much of during the week, with an outside chance of Dorvin or Jassan (both Republic) or Zrakkar (Empire). I've been on a GW2 kick lately, though, so eh. Who knows!

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 09:10:32 PM

Hopefully you have a programmable keyboard or mouse with many buttons, because this game has A LOT of abilities.  I'm using the numpad, the number keys at the top of the keyboard, and another numpad on the left side from the programmable keyboard, and almost running out of keys.

If you want to see all the conversation paths during a cutscene dialogue, hit ESC before the scene ends, and you can re-take the conversation.  Some of them are pretty funny, though most are boring.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 02:18:20 PM

And some classes get far more funny responses than others, of course. Smuggler and Sith Inquisitor are the two funniest imo.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: A continuing trend...  
Jump to: