Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Seventh Son 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seventh Son  (Read 3112 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: July 11, 2013, 07:08:48 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQt6lYJHIOA

Not sure how I feel about this... all I can see is the Dude and Maude. However, my crush on Julianna Moore knows no bounds.  Heart

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:36:55 PM

I will follow Jeff Bridges into any theatre, this looks fun at the very least.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:32:02 PM

Looks silly and fun. Between this and RIPD he's getting a bit typecast.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 10:14:47 PM

Saw the trailer for this when I went to see Pacific Rim. I'll try not to hold the trailer against the movie.

Jesus, trailers are so shit nowadays. Inception horns and terrible one liners and moronic action. I shake my old man cane at the movie screen!

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 10:25:12 PM

They are burying this in mid-January. It will be terrible.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 10:42:56 PM

i read the first book of this series many years ago on a vacation with the folks.  it was pretty dark from memory; apparently the author has put out some 4 more books.  the first is worth a quick read, its only a small novel.

edit: its called 'the spooks apprentice'

*Should be working*
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 10:52:38 PM

Appears to be out of print, looks like there are five or so sequels.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 11:28:02 PM

Appears to be out of print, looks like there are five or so sequels.

--Dave

oh - interesting.  can still order it from aussie retailers.

*Should be working*
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 09:01:49 PM

The Spook's Apprentice is a totally different series by Joseph Delaney and is based on the concept of witch/ghost hunters. 

Well, apparently I'm wrong.  This *is* the Delany book to moive.  Hollywood has taken a massive, ginormous pile of shit on this series.  That trailer has no semblance of Delany's work. 

The books are more like a dark Harry Potter based around a boy coming of age as a witchhunter.  The books have not one ounce of the flash that trailer does. 

TLDR:  Read the books, forget this movie exists.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 09:44:28 AM

Amazon is showing a series titles The Last Apprentice that looks to be pre-teen fantasy.  Is there another series or is that it?

I have never played WoW.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 10:49:58 AM

That's it.  They changed the name in the states because of the word "Spook". 

It's a pretty fun series, and my mental image from the book was something more like a really dark Rankin & Bass production than what was in that trailer.  It's aimed at the teenage set, but it has some really dark parts. 

Trained to kill all witches on sight, but are all witches evil?  Even an evil undead witch was once human, should it be killed?  By book four it's not just witches, but boggarts, ghosts and all sorts of creatures.

Maybe I'm pedestrian because I like teen fantasy/horror, but whatever.  I liked it.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 10:57:28 AM

Wasn't this already a Lifetime movie with Christopher Eccleston as the big bad?

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Seventh Son  
Jump to: