Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:41:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Nuclear laun..., I mean, In-store item detected... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nuclear laun..., I mean, In-store item detected...  (Read 44475 times)
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 31, 2013, 09:35:42 AM

This went live on the PTR today. 1 hour elixir that boosts xp by 100%. You can buy them with the in-game browser 1 or 5 at a time. Prices are just test currency so no idea what they would actually cost. I assume they are still only destined for Asia?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #36 on: July 31, 2013, 11:12:47 AM

My guess, they'll sell them for like half a buck a piece. Maybe a buck if they think the market will hold it. Then you'll have discounts involved in bulk.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 31, 2013, 11:37:17 AM

I'd go with a buck or two, honestly.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 31, 2013, 11:45:22 AM

Yeah I would be surprised if each potion was less than $1.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #39 on: July 31, 2013, 12:02:13 PM

Yeah, $1 or $2. But yeah I'm pretty sure for the time being it's only Asian markets.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 12:03:01 PM

Too bad because I have plenty of alts that I have no desire to play because playing alts sucks now in WoW.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 03, 2014, 11:19:13 AM

Looks like Blizzard may be testing the waters of paid character boosts to 90:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/31/5261372/world-of-warcraft-survey-asks-about-character-upgrades-annual-passes

They need to do something. The thought of having to drag another character to 90 makes me ill.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #42 on: January 03, 2014, 11:22:05 AM

I'd sign up for an annual pass if they gave me the xpac for free.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 03, 2014, 04:38:07 PM

Looks like Blizzard may be testing the waters of paid character boosts to 90:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/31/5261372/world-of-warcraft-survey-asks-about-character-upgrades-annual-passes

They need to do something. The thought of having to drag another character to 90 makes me ill.
Anyone who didn't see this coming after the single freebie announced for WoD is dumb as hell.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 03, 2014, 04:54:32 PM

The tears over on MMO-Champion and the official forums indicates there are many of them who did not see it coming. Or maybe they did and are just crying foul because that's what people do.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: January 05, 2014, 05:50:27 AM

The tears over on MMO-Champion and the official forums indicates there are many of them who did not see it coming. Or maybe they did and are just crying foul because that's what people do.
MMO-C & official forums in "full of stupid people" shocker. In other news, sky is blue, water is wet, fire is hot.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 07, 2014, 11:24:41 AM

People are still crying about the I was stupid enough to grind 20 characters to level 90 and so should you bit? This game is essentially an instanced dungeon grinder these days from what I read about it. What difference does it make to these people?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #47 on: January 07, 2014, 11:54:00 AM

Wow has slowly eroded anything that makes their  "hardwork" valid in their minds.

They are of course wrong because nothing about wow is hard work.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 07, 2014, 03:53:21 PM

Clearly you have not had the pleasure of trying to keep 25 people from standing in fire.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 07, 2014, 04:13:18 PM

There is a fine line between hard work and masochism.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #50 on: January 07, 2014, 05:07:15 PM

Wow has slowly eroded anything that makes their  "hardwork" valid in their minds.

They are of course wrong because nothing about wow is hard work.

But... but...  if multiple max-level Warcraft characters aren't difficult to achieve it means they don't matter.  If they don't matter I've wasted my life because I've accomplished nothing else!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #51 on: January 07, 2014, 05:29:03 PM

Clearly you have not had the pleasure of trying to keep 25 people from standing in fire.

Try 40, and yes I did on 4 different raids across Vanilla to Wrath. It still isn't hard work. It's waiting for inevitability and remaining patient.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 14, 2014, 07:18:53 AM

I just leveled a new character (warlock) on a new realm starting from scratch with nothing to 90. It took about 3 weeks or so. Once I hit 15, I did dungeons and bgs pretty much exclusively until 85, when I started mixing in questing to get to the proper phases.

Now I'm leveling a priest loaded with heirlooms, and it's taking a great deal less time (again, dungeons and bgs only). (Disc is really fun in bgs and holy makes dungeon healing ezymode).

There are so many bad tanks. I've never played a tank, so I don't really understand how one can be a bad tank, but some dks and monks (mainly) take a great deal of damage so fast I almost lose them, and who don't keep things off me. Then there are the bad dps who pull mobs.

Leveling is so fast now that people don't seem to learn how to play - the higher I go in levels, the worse people get - although heroics seem fine, with people knowing how to play and so on. It's the 70s and 80s that get sketchy.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #53 on: January 14, 2014, 08:18:20 AM

I think that's because leveling is just DPS. You'll never learn the support skills that way or tanking. And in many cases you don't learn effective DPS rotations.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 14, 2014, 02:30:18 PM

Leveling speed has nothing to do with people being bad in dungeons. Neither does the leveling experience and what it excludes from gameplay.

A large number of players, no matter how many times they've done it, will just not get out of the fire, so to speak.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #55 on: January 14, 2014, 02:33:27 PM

It's also very likely that a bunch of the 'tanks' in those leveling dungeons aren't actually specced for it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 14, 2014, 07:15:32 PM

Or they are lifelong DPS trying out tanking for the first time. Low level dungeons are always a crapshoot for me. I think the winding down of the expansion means less people + people wanting to try something new because they are bored.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 16, 2014, 07:13:45 AM

Dungeons don't seem to really need much besides dps until hitting LBRS but boy, is there a difference once you get to where the dks start playing.

I haven't had any trouble with warrior, druid or pally tanks. It's just some dks and some monks. Other dks and other monks are fine.

I should play a tank sometime, so I could understand it better. Warriors and pallys seem to be the easiest for me to heal. I'm sure they have their own frustrations with groups.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 16, 2014, 09:24:33 PM

DK's don't have block like the pallies and warriors do, so they tend to take a bit more damage.  A good DK tank will mitigate that with Death Strike to rebuild health and put up the shield.  I enjoy tanking with my DK and it's embarrassing how few do it well anymore.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 21, 2014, 10:20:19 AM

Eh, as a new DK tank Death Strike takes some getting used to. I'm used to using my dps abilities when they are ready to go (5 stacks sent of blood) and my mitigation buttons (shieldblock, et. al) before big hits. Deathstrike otoh is best sat on with stacks and used after you get punched in the face. Takes some mental retraining.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 21, 2014, 01:59:50 PM

Monk tanking takes the same level of thought in my opinion.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: January 21, 2014, 10:49:19 PM

Yeah.  Tanks basicly come in three flavours at the moment. 
-  Block tanks (Warrior / Paladin) who are primarily pro-active mitigation style tanks.
-  Solid Avoidance Tank (Druid) who has heafty armor values and relies on primarily pro-active dodge mitigation
-  Squishy Avoidance / Absorb tanks (Monk / DK) who take heavier damage then a Druid, and rely on these funky reactive mechanics to allow them to absorb and / or magically make damage just dissapear.

Honestly, I think they really need to adjust how DKs / Monks work as a whole, because it is usually the crazy gimmic involved in their tanking that lets them do a lot of the crazy shit you see with people soloing current tier raid bosses and things like that, but it will probably never happen because it would completely alienate the people who play the class as is.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: January 22, 2014, 12:21:58 AM

I think what he meant is "mash buttons when off CD".

Because all tanks are the same pretty much

[/flamesuit]

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: January 22, 2014, 02:44:19 AM

If you mean Me, then, No, I didn't.

Unlike the other tanks, DK and Monks need to put a bit more thought into When buttons get mashed.

What's scary for a healer (and I mostly heal SoO these days) is that Monks and DK's both tank like they're dying. ALL THE TIME.

It's perfectly normal for both to go to under 25% health and then jump right back up because of something THEY did.  Which makes healing them a constant source of both Brown Trousers and WTF.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: January 22, 2014, 07:49:43 PM

Yeah, healers for DKs need something more akin to CoH's defenders.  They'd benefit more from mitigation than flat-out heals.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Nuclear laun..., I mean, In-store item detected...  
Jump to: