Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:57:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: The Voynich Manuscript, aka the Alien book, is not a hoax 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Voynich Manuscript, aka the Alien book, is not a hoax  (Read 10896 times)
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #35 on: June 26, 2013, 04:51:08 PM

I think that possibility has been investigated, and the conclusion was that because the script and "language" didn't seem to evolve over the course of the writing, it is probably not the product of a schizophrenic.  The letters and "words" are pretty much the same regardless of where they appear.

--Dave

It could simply be a very unimaginative and uncreative schizophrenic.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 29, 2013, 09:03:08 AM

Hehe I love that. Whole world full of smart people going, "What is this document, might not ever know!"

Then some random women on youtube is all like, "Hey guys, its not really that hard, here is my logical argument and evidence..."

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #37 on: July 01, 2013, 09:52:31 AM

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 01, 2013, 08:08:33 PM

I've always found this interesting. For the amount of dead languages in our history, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a detailed manuscript of something, with Voynich-A and Voynich-B being a sort of rosetta stone for each other. And that could make sense if the stack of papers was originally two separate books that someone hastily or mistakenly put in the wrong order before binding, interspersing the pages and therefore mixing pages from what were actually two separate books.

I understand some think it's a hoax, and skeptoid talked about marketing collateral. But 240 pages of first-use parchment seems like an Ocean's Eleven level of absurd over-investment in a scam or to peddle service. We're not talking reams of paper from Staples here, nor anywhere near the density of literacy we have nowadays.

Having said all that though, I'm thinking this is a travelogue of Atlantis  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 01, 2013, 09:13:11 PM

Admit it.  You're stalking this woman aren't you.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #40 on: July 03, 2013, 04:57:54 PM

Ehr.. no. Not at all. She is the kind of crazy I don't like one bit.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 03, 2013, 07:45:03 PM

She gives off a definite Amish vibe.  Has the missing-teeth lisp and everything.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: The Voynich Manuscript, aka the Alien book, is not a hoax  
Jump to: