Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:06:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: World of Warcraft Summer Sale 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft Summer Sale 2013  (Read 4932 times)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

on: June 19, 2013, 02:42:06 PM

Possibly not relevant to anyone here, but if you've never played WoW and have been wondering what all the fuss is about:
http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/06/19/world-of-warcraft-summer-sale/

I include the article above, because that's where I first read it. You know what you won't find in that article? An external link, because joystiq.

Here is the Battle.Net Store

Blizzard is offering up all WoW expansions, kobolds to pandas, for a total of $30. Or whatever they're selling it for in non-US currencies.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 02:44:04 PM

They really needed to do this. $60 or so up front for a sub game is a risk people probably were not willing to take.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 07:50:47 AM

Hmmm, I haven't touched the game since Burning Crusade (I have the Frozen Throne expansion though).  $5 for Cataclysm, $20 for Pandas.

Question is, is it worth $25 to come back and fuck around for a few weeks to see what they've changed in the world?  Perhaps....

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:53:01 AM

So much has changed that it probably is worth at least checking out. The leveling in Pandaria really is top notch. YMMV on the rest though.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 07:55:20 AM

I feel nostalgia for all the old zones, so I think I'd probably start a character in one of the original regions and try to power level my way up to see whats different.  I assume they've drastically increased the leveling speed early game?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 07:57:12 AM

Leveling is almost too fast now, you end up not finishing zones because you are too high for them. Most of the zones have seen some pretty drastic changes. Some of the ones you enjoyed so much are almost unrecognizable.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 09:49:01 AM

$20 for Pandas doesn't include a sub, right?

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 11:19:02 AM

When my sister started to play this, I started free and then upgraded to Panda-thing and got a free month.  My notsofreebie sub just ran out.

Monk was fun.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 12:16:00 PM

Ok, I took the plunge and decided to come back and see whats up.

edit: Gah, never mind, figured it out.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 01:13:41 PM by Teleku »

-Stephen Colbert
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: World of Warcraft Summer Sale 2013  
Jump to: