Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:44:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Roto H2H football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roto H2H football  (Read 2855 times)
Stewie
Terracotta Army

on: June 19, 2013, 09:52:53 AM

I am switching the normal h2h league I run into a roto h2h keeper league.
I have run/played in a number of h2h leagues I am also in a roto keeper hockey league, so I feel that I am fairly experienced as far as fantasy sports goes.

That being said, this is a fairly new/uncommon format so I am just wondering if anyone has experience with this kind of league?
If so what do you like/dislike? what kinda issues have you seen?

Any other thing you may want to share would be appreciated?

I want to try and make sure i have thought of as much as possible going into this.

Professional Forum Lurker.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 09:54:38 AM

I am not even sure I know what H2H is.

beer geek.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 09:56:36 AM

How many keepers are you allowing? Too few and it is just a randomized crap shoot, too many and anyone who has a bad draft or who loses key players to injury is screwed. I took over a garbage team in year 3 of a 5 year keeper league. Made it to the finals the first year and to the semifinals the 2nd year with some good drafting (got Arian Foster in the 4th round the year he exploded and he then became a keeper) and some luck. I really like the format, since it makes taking late round flyers on rookies a lot more rewarding if they pan out.

e- I am assuming H2H is head to head (rather than a straight points race).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:44:38 AM

Yeah h2h is head to head.
As for the keepers I was leaning towards a roster of 16 with 9 active each week. 1 qb 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 def, and 1 flex (rb,wr,te)
Will have 7 keepers at the cutdown date.  Then one FA draft between end of NFL training camp and the 1st game of the season.

The scoring system is based on 13 categories h2h against another team. So you could win 8-5 for example and the following week you could lose 4-9. so after 2 weeks your record would be 12-14-0.

My main concern is player engagement towards the end of the season when they are clearly out of the money.
I also do not want to see players tanking for draft picks. This is especially important as it is a h2h league so if one team tries to tank for picks they are giving easy wins to another team that may be fighting for money.

I am leaning towards penalizing draft picks in the event of not filling out a minimum active roster.
*note pretty much all of the players in the league have been in the previous leagues and I don’t really anticipate this being a problem but I want to have rules laid out clearly in the beginning.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:48:28 AM by Stewie »

Professional Forum Lurker.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 11:07:52 AM

Keeper leagues are best done with an initial auction and a salary cap.   Salaries change yearly with stats according to prior year performance.  If you don't do this, the people that dominate early on will form dynasties and the lower ranked teams will lose interest and stop being competitive.  Limiting players kept and having one or two 'franchise players' per team also helps.

Just my opinion from past experience.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 11:57:00 AM

Keeper leagues are best done with an initial auction and a salary cap.   Salaries change yearly with stats according to prior year performance.  If you don't do this, the people that dominate early on will form dynasties and the lower ranked teams will lose interest and stop being competitive.  Limiting players kept and having one or two 'franchise players' per team also helps.

Just my opinion from past experience.

A keeper league I'm in is just "two players" and you lose your draft pick two spots higher than they were drafted the previous year.

beer geek.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Roto H2H football  
Jump to: