Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:15:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M Open~ Round 3/5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M Open~ Round 3/5  (Read 13895 times)
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 26, 2013, 07:22:58 PM

Look for me tonight on Steam. I'll try to get on after 7:30 pm Central time.

Aye Aye Cpt. Tightpants!

FYI my times are very unpredictable at the moment, 2 week old baby and all...

*Should be working*
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 28, 2013, 04:53:14 PM

Coldfingers 3-0 over Cupcake Madness!.   No inducements, and the high elves had two Loaners to presumably replace some dead/injured elves from their previous games. 

It rained virtually the whole game, which was not good for the elves and their fancy-prancy dancing.  The first Coldfinger score was a fairly straightforward cage trudging by the Coldfingers until the ghoul could break free and run it in. 

The second score was brutal.  The elves, down some from KOs/injuries, were set up in the center, and then the dreaded BLITZ fired off.  To add insult to injury, the ball was basically in the elf endzone.  Ghouls beelined after the ball, a werewolf got all up in the elf thrower's face, and a lucky ghoul scooped it up for an insta-score on the next turn.

The elves made a valiant effort in the rest of the game.  One blitzer nearly made it in for a score but tripped while one square from the endzone.... denied.  And though there were not a lot of injuries, there were constant KOs and stuns that kept the elves pretty undermanned (underelfed?) and prey to lots of doubleteam tackles.   

No Coldfingers were injured.  With the winnings, Scaramanga the werewolf joins the Coldfingers.  Hugo Drax the zombie leveled, and though they desperately need a kicker, Hugo rolled double 6s, so he is now +ST.  Oddjob the ghoul leveled as well, and he rolled doubles, so he took Guard.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #37 on: June 28, 2013, 11:41:35 PM

You started down a wolf? Or did one die?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 28, 2013, 11:56:12 PM

I only had one on the roster, don't remember why.  A zombie died in the last game and I think that was the only death so far.
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 30, 2013, 11:05:00 AM

Well, I'll admit I finally can understand how some people don't like this game, as that Blitz event is probably the first rage inducing moment I've felt while playing this. Normally I'm good at laughing it all off (no, really. I'm usually laughing my ass off at my own misfortunes), but that, oh, Nuffle finally got me where it hurts...

Anyhoo, defintely good work on proudft's part, he did quite the good job of keeping my prancin' keebler elves in check and blocked off from doing anything really worthwhile. I'm just happy that I can finally replace that Catcher that got murdered back in round one. Maybe by the end of this I'll be back to a full roster again!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 30, 2013, 11:10:40 AM

I've been off and on the past week, in between work and family time.  Am I supposed to be playing someone, or am I waiting for a previous match to finish up?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 30, 2013, 11:48:39 PM

Final Ladies
 ~vs~  
Polska All Stars

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #42 on: July 01, 2013, 07:59:09 AM

Tried to get with Schpain this weekend for a game, but his schedule seems to be wacky with a newborn. Will keep trying.

schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 01, 2013, 04:32:17 PM

Tried to get with Schpain this weekend for a game, but his schedule seems to be wacky with a newborn. Will keep trying.

ferpectly right!  i need sleep  swamp poop

*Should be working*
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 03, 2013, 07:05:42 AM

Magrathea - 2
Explosions - 0

Really rough first half of lag and injuries for Llyse, and he couldn't make up ground in the second half.

2 Skaven dead, and a goblin with a pinched nerve will miss next game.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 03, 2013, 09:31:45 AM

Would really like to get 2 more matches down before setting up round 4.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 03, 2013, 11:25:26 AM

still on my ruvaldt hunt! sounds like worst case i'll pummel him tomorrow?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #47 on: July 03, 2013, 01:11:42 PM

Sure, I'll be around tomorrow.  I'll probably be available all day.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #48 on: July 03, 2013, 09:06:52 PM

Sure, I'll be around tomorrow.  I'll probably be available all day.

Get in line!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #49 on: July 04, 2013, 12:26:38 PM

Hi Fructose 1 - 1 Muscle Daddies

In a fun, and bizarre, match, two Khornish teams took the pitch and limped away with a draw.

Drogg started with some misfortune in his first turn having to use a reroll and then getting a turnover after two blocks.  I managed to get close to the ball, which he received, and by turn five I was able to blitz out of a sticky situation, and double-gfi into a TD.  The second part of the first half looked equally full of promise as I managed to KO Zeb, drogg's big guy, and was dangerously close to scoring a second TD.  The half ended with a failed pass, however, and I dreaded going into the second with drogg's growing player advantage.

In the second half my armor failed left and right, several players became ko'd, and by the end drogg outnumbered me 10 - 6, I think.  He easily walked in a TD with three turns left, and we both pretty much understood how the match would end.  I ended my last possession by doing my best to get at least one injury on him, which I failed at, and trying not to give up a TD, which I succeeded at.

It was a very evenly coached game.  I think both of us played a good match, especially considering we're so new to a very weird team.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 11, 2013, 10:51:29 AM

Would be great if Llyse and Teleku could each get a game done this weekend, then we'd at least have no +2s left and launching round 4 would go smoothly.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:53:45 AM by eldaec »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: July 18, 2013, 12:44:35 PM

Reminder that this remains ~a thing~ and I'll issue more fixtures no matter what next week, but it would extremely useful if you people could play some blood bowl.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #52 on: July 18, 2013, 12:45:29 PM

Sorry, I keep staying up too late playing Civ V and then not waking up in time to catch Teleku on Sunday mornings which seems to be the only time we're likely to meet up.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: July 25, 2013, 10:11:25 PM

So when does round 4 start?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 26, 2013, 12:14:36 AM

Soon.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #55 on: July 26, 2013, 12:21:47 AM

I'd just like to submit that my opponent is a coward.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: July 26, 2013, 01:13:10 AM

It is known.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #57 on: July 26, 2013, 09:13:02 AM

My in-laws have gone back home, so I can start looking to schpain again to see if we can ever get our game started.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M Open~ Round 3/5  
Jump to: