Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:57:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division  (Read 149738 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #245 on: February 26, 2016, 04:51:49 PM

It's basically Open PVP areas, which I don't think is new.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #246 on: February 26, 2016, 04:53:29 PM

It's basically Open PVP areas, which I don't think is new.

Yes, but there are conditions that govern that area and how you impact those around you.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: February 26, 2016, 07:43:58 PM

It has a shallow, piss poor design. What games don't have that? The shiny is going to wear off in like 9 days.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #248 on: February 26, 2016, 10:09:32 PM

I'm waiting until the first PSN sale. By then the game should have evened out or be a complete clusterfuck.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #249 on: February 27, 2016, 12:45:58 AM

It has a shallow, piss poor design. What games don't have that? The shiny is going to wear off in like 9 days.

It is not extra-new but it is not "what games don't have that?" kind of old. Why don't you people start listing the games, especially shooters, that have that?

It is basically an open factionless PvP area with inventory looting. Other than the recent wave of hardcore survivals, what other games have it?

And the shine is gonna wear off in 9 days the same way it does from EVERY game these days. Some of you might have a go-to game that you have been playing for a year or two, but other than that every fucking game lasts a couple of weeks at best now. It's not a matter of design anymore. The offer is too large, the amount of new games every week is overwhelming, the prices have been going down, our salaries have been going up, and our attention spans have shrunk to dangerous levels and the only games that stick around are those that sink their hooks somewhere in the soft subconscious matter in the back of our individual brains through an undiscolosed combination of pretty blinking lights and dopaminic sounds which is different for everyone.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 12:48:00 AM by Falconeer »

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #250 on: February 27, 2016, 06:18:23 AM

And the shine is gonna wear off in 9 days the same way it does from EVERY game these days. Some of you might have a go-to game that you have been playing for a year or two, but other than that every fucking game lasts a couple of weeks at best now. It's not a matter of design anymore. The offer is too large, the amount of new games every week is overwhelming, the prices have been going down, our salaries have been going up, and our attention spans have shrunk to dangerous levels and the only games that stick around are those that sink their hooks somewhere in the soft subconscious matter in the back of our individual brains through an undiscolosed combination of pretty blinking lights and dopaminic sounds which is different for everyone.

Sounds about right.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: February 27, 2016, 12:36:48 PM

Why is all the hype for this game so DZ-centric? I enjoyed exploring the city and thought the PvE missions were well-done and unique (also, loot). The Dark Zone was a cute diversion but there are a billion other shooters I'd play before spending any significant amount of time there. Are you guys actually buying this for the competitive multiplayer?

What billion other shooters have something similar to the Dark Zone? I don't think it fits under the traditional classification of "competitive multiplayer".
Unique doesn't equal compelling. If I wanted to shoot at people I'd play an arena FPS and if I wanted to get ganked by assholes with better gear than me I'd play Ark or Rust or whatever the state of the art is in multiplayer survival ball-kicking simulators these days. I guess I can see the Dark Zone being an interesting middle ground for people who enjoy both of those things. I was just surprised that I seem to be the only one that thinks the PvE was more fun.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #252 on: February 27, 2016, 01:33:20 PM

You're not the only one.

I much prefer the PVE areas and the potential of the story line to the dark zone. I just have a feeling that at some point, the two will intertwine. You'll have to run a few missions into the DZ because that first wave of agents that went either missing or KIA are now the original rogues hiding out in there.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #253 on: February 27, 2016, 10:13:30 PM

"The best loot is found in The Dark Zone."

So if you like to PVE and want a leg up, you'll have to go into the DZ to get some better/uber/whatever gear, anyway.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: February 27, 2016, 10:58:19 PM

After watching some of the beta footage I can't even remember why this game interested me at one point.

But since it's as close as we are getting to a Western MMO it will be very interesting to see how they keep the content fresh and handle progression. Because given the expensive to create environments and realistic setting they've made it about as hard on themselves as they possibly could.

"The best loot is found in The Dark Zone."

So if you like to PVE and want a leg up, you'll have to go into the DZ to get some better/uber/whatever gear, anyway.

But this only really motivates if there is PvE progression to use that gear on.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #255 on: February 28, 2016, 08:43:52 PM

There is. If you get that high end shit in the DZ, you'll now through the mobs in PVE.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #256 on: March 05, 2016, 03:33:53 PM

Yeah, I can't see how he missed that.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: March 06, 2016, 10:29:49 AM

The "Year One" season plan announced. All the coming DLCs, Patches and Expansions (some of it paid, some of it free) have been unveiled.

Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_qUtFkdPEk

And here's the official page: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-241886-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: March 06, 2016, 12:30:35 PM

Well crap, I'm getting interested in spite of myself.

So how does the PvE part stack up? I'm that weird guy who likes story in MMOs, and who finds combat mechanics to be far down the list of stuff I care about (by which I mean that the mechanics are just the stuff I learn how to do to further the story  -- I usually don't care if combat is "jerky" or whatever, as long as I can figure out which keys to hammer to kill the current Whamadoodle).

So is the story/graphics/gameplay interesting?

Say, compared to Dying Light (which I liked).
lesion

Reply #259 on: March 06, 2016, 05:02:59 PM

Everything is a bit more ho-hum than Dying Light. You can't use a grappling hook or chest-kick zombies off ladders. If you could it'd be "press and hold Q to chest-kick angry masked guy" while he waits at the top of the ladder.

I mean the gunfights feel good but the rest of the game is solid meh.

Story is gripping if you have 1995's Outbreak playing in the background. No, that's a lie. I am a liar.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #260 on: March 06, 2016, 07:21:18 PM

Fuck Dying Light. I finish almost everything and I didn't finish that.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #261 on: March 06, 2016, 08:03:17 PM

I think I loaded the game up twice. Played it a bit once normal singleplayer...then jumped on multiplayer with friends, which promptly ruined the game entirely.  Ohhhhh, I see.

stealthedit: I'm referring to Dying Light, not The Division. The latter is waaaay better with friends.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: March 07, 2016, 05:49:22 PM

This is live in about 3 hours if you have preordered.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #263 on: March 07, 2016, 07:46:56 PM

Been live since about 7AM Eastern if you had a physical copy.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: March 07, 2016, 07:52:21 PM

Been live since about 7AM Eastern if you had a physical copy.

Yeah but I don't need no stinkin' physical copy!
schild
Administrator

Reply #265 on: March 07, 2016, 08:02:03 PM

1 hour on the nose. I'm sure it won't work right. I can't believe I installed UPlay. What a crock of shit.
schild
Administrator

Reply #266 on: March 07, 2016, 09:36:35 PM

This doesn't seem like a bad game.

I wish I had it on Steam though.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: March 07, 2016, 10:04:35 PM

Looks like their servers and/or UPlay just shit the bed.  Remind me again why I'm playing a Ubisoft game?  Fucking fake Frenchmen. awesome, for real
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #268 on: March 07, 2016, 10:20:43 PM

Severs are proper fucked.

Ubifucked.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: March 07, 2016, 10:35:19 PM

Severs are proper fucked.

Ubifucked.

The servers are probably housed in the dark zone. Ohhhhh, I see.  Press F to shit on Ubisoft's fat, French faces. #ubishit

Maybe someone should Tweet Ubisoft or something and ask them if they tried turning the servers off and on a couple of times.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:45:08 PM by Ginaz »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: March 08, 2016, 12:30:43 AM

What's up with you and French people?

lesion

Reply #271 on: March 08, 2016, 05:44:24 AM

I was about to buy this on the off chance it wasn't a complete clusterfuck at launch. *sips coffee*
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:45:56 AM by lesion »

steam|a grue \[T]/
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: March 08, 2016, 06:33:30 AM

Still waiting on the disc to be delivered so I'm good with shit blowing up.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: March 08, 2016, 08:05:06 AM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #274 on: March 08, 2016, 08:07:40 AM

Reminds me of LoTRO. People would stand in neat orderly lines to collect slow spawning quest resources at launch.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #275 on: March 08, 2016, 08:13:04 AM

What an utterly amazing clusterfuck.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: March 08, 2016, 09:11:19 AM

Well... I mean it is supposedly Black Friday in game... right?!

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: March 08, 2016, 09:41:01 AM

Oh thank god this is Ubisoft. Urge to buy rapidly fading.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #278 on: March 08, 2016, 10:13:59 AM

Everything was back up within an hour and the servers have been fairly stable since then.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: March 08, 2016, 11:30:48 AM

Everything was back up within an hour and the servers have been fairly stable since then.

It wasn't even that long.. I think it was like 30 minutes and everything was smooth after that.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division  
Jump to: