Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:47:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Warhammer Quest 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warhammer Quest  (Read 4403 times)
schpain
Terracotta Army

on: June 06, 2013, 07:53:47 PM

nice clean simple take on a dungeon crawler.  the random encounters are pretty cute, reasonably good difficulty curve.  So far doesn't really feel too warhammery, the orks could be any orcs, i'm not feeling a specific waugh on my enemies yet.

huge caveat - it freezes regularly.  I only get to do 1-2 dungeons a day because it freezes and i next get to try it after recharging my iphone.  unless you're really keen, wait for a patch to improve stability.

edit: overall quite fun, pity about the crashing and i'm not sure why its using warhammer IP.  6/10, 8/10 if they fix stability.  $6 iirc
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 07:59:46 PM by schpain »

*Should be working*
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 07:30:01 PM

I've been playing this some.  It's pretty entertaining.  I guess it's a translation of the board game.  I haven't had any problems with crashing.  I probably only play about a dungeon a day, but it's yet to freeze at all for me (playing on an iphone 5).  

It's got a fair amount of DLC, however.  There's 3 classes that aren't included and the skaven campaign is an in-app purchase.

-Rasix
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 02:42:30 AM

I'm using an iPhone 4s, so maybe its the phone.  welp.

I was a little disappointed that you only have the 4 main characters, but agreed that the game itself is pretty entertaining.

*Should be working*
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:08:00 PM

I'm using an iPhone 4s, so maybe its the phone.  welp.

I was a little disappointed that you only have the 4 main characters, but agreed that the game itself is pretty entertaining.

so i left this game for about a week after my post and i couldn't say why, but the crashing is non-existant now and am enjoying this game alot more.  i felt guilty about the negative review i gave the game and would like to iterate that it definitely feels more warhammer once your characters get to higher levels.  am about to start the skaven first expansion pack now.

*Should be working*
DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 04:53:55 PM

Just got this game 2 days ago on my iPad. It's free and fun. I have spent hours in it just playing the basic dungeons. The in-app purchases are for different races and classes. They let you do as many dungeons as you want and kill as many things as you want. None of that energy or turn limit bullshit. It's pretty fun and the random encounters in the dungeons and in the cities are very Games Workshop in their content.

It's fun and I would recommend it to any Warhammer fans that want a free dungeon delving experience on iPad.
Aiwass
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 02:12:33 PM

Its a re-skinned Hunters 2. Tried to play it but had just finished up with Hunters so it was a bit redundant.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Warhammer Quest  
Jump to: