Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:59:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M Open~ Round 2/5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M Open~ Round 2/5  (Read 9402 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: May 28, 2013, 11:43:58 AM

ROUND 2

No table yet, if you won the last match, imagine something showing you are joint top!

Play these matches by 12th JUNE!

(note prior unplayed matches have been carried forward)

updated 1st June

Hi Fructose Khorne Syrup
 ~vs~  
Explosions in the Sky
Paul Bearers
 ~vs~  
Magrathea Cricket Club
Muscle Daddies
 ~vs~
Illusions of Grandeur
Chaos String Theorists
 ~vs~  
Cupcake Madness
Brawling Belgian Brewers
 ~vs~  
Polska All Stars
Turd Burglars
 ~vs~  
Coldfingers
Paul Bearers
 ~vs~  
Explosions in the Sky

Results so far...

Hi Fructose Khorne Syrup
 1 - 2  
Magrathea Cricket Club
Syners United
 2 - 0  
Heroes of Blood & Bowl
Centaurs of Attention
 1 - 0  
Final Ladies
        Brawling Belgian Brewers
 0 - 1  
Illusions of Grandeur
Muscle Daddies
 2 - 1  
Polska All Stars
Centaurs of Attention
 2 - 0  
Turd Burglars
Coldfingers
 1 - 2  
Final Ladies
Chaos String Theorists
 2 - 1  
Syners United
Cupcake Madness
 3 - 2  
Heroes of Blood & Bowl

Coaches:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:23:05 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 11:55:06 AM

My Coldfingers did not win the last game, we lost 1-2 to the Final Ladies.  Rework your matches kkthx!  awesome, for real
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:01:56 PM

My Coldfingers did not win the last game, we lost 1-2 to the Final Ladies.  Rework your matches kkthx!  awesome, for real

Aye.  The Ladies did not pull a miracle of Nuffle out of their collective vagges for nothing!   Shaking fist

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 12:05:39 PM

WELL DONE YOU SPOTTED MY DELIBERATE MISTAKE

The fixture churning out machine has been recalibrated and has recomputed the round 2 fixtures. First post has been amended accordingly.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 04:22:19 PM

Drogg, my elves wish to flail at thee in confusion and befuddlement.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 11:02:51 PM

schpain,

When you want to play?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 02:24:32 AM

Avaia, Ruvaldt.

My availability is a bit of a mess. Can do tonight UK time, or Saturday UK afternoon / US morning. After that I'm away Sunday to Sunday so would have to sneak something in the last few days.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 03:32:28 AM

Spiky Dwarfs v Spiky Ladies this morning.

I elected to receive in the first half got a cage which didn't move very far due to some lousy injury dice. I had no trouble knocking the Amazons down, i just couldn't keep them on the floor. By contrast, the Amazons managed to score two injuries in their first three or four turns. The ladies managed to get onto the ball carrier a few times but weren't able to get the ball and I managed to recover it and cage again. By turn 6 I was in a place where I could pop out a Hobgoblin and have him run out of range but I was distracted dealing with something else and moved a marked Dwarf instead of the unmarked Centaur I thought I had selected. Of course he failed a Dodge and gave me a turnover but fortunately I was able to recover only for me to fuck up again when I made (and failed) a short pass instead of the move and handoff I had intended. As that was turn 7 and I had nothing in scoring range we went into the break with nothing on the board. Both teams were down to 9 players for the second half due to injuries and KOs.

The second half was a bit more exciting, the Amazons cage broke apart easily under the Dwarf/Centaur onslaught. they tried a couple of running plays and managed to get the ball carrier deep into my half a couple of times but without much support I was able to cover it and then blitz it away. There was a scrum on a wing for a while with the ball loose on the sideline but eventually some failed dodges and bad block dice took enough Amazons down that I was able to scoop it and get it out of danger. I threw it up field to a couple of unmarked Dwarfs who dropped the catch (as I expected) but the ball landed in a safe space, both teams scrapped over it for a couple more turns before I popped it loose, got a Hobgoblin on it and then ran out of range. I stalled for a turn in case the ref added more time on the kickoff then scored the only TD of the game on turn 15. There was a turn each of pushing and shoving that didn't amount to much and then we were done. I have a -1Ag Dwarf and a level on a Hobgoblin. I don't think the Amazons suffered any permanent injuries.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:49:29 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 07:41:06 AM

When is good for you to play? I'm on US Central time.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 08:01:51 AM

Avaia, Ruvaldt.

My availability is a bit of a mess. Can do tonight UK time, or Saturday UK afternoon / US morning. After that I'm away Sunday to Sunday so would have to sneak something in the last few days.

I might be available my Saturday morning.  It depends upon the events of my Friday night.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 10:35:40 AM

Drogg, my elves wish to flail at thee in confusion and befuddlement.
i can hardly wait to see just how badly sidestep breaks my team  Argh!  i'm around in evenings (gmt-8) after 6:30 pm and have a pretty open weekend.
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 10:20:02 PM

schpain,

When you want to play?

To be completely honest its quite hard for me at this stage to know when i'll have a block of time.  I'm GMT+10, I'll add you on Steam and we'll hook it up from there.

*Should be working*
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 10:57:25 PM

schpain,

When you want to play?

To be completely honest its quite hard for me at this stage to know when i'll have a block of time.  I'm GMT+10, I'll add you on Steam and we'll hook it up from there.
Ok, well, I'm GMT+1. As it happens I have Friday off work if that helps?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 11:36:51 PM

Stabby, when might you be around for a game? We probably need to schedule it due to difference in timezones (I'm around this weekend and probably the next too)
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 02:01:07 PM

Stabby, when might you be around for a game? We probably need to schedule it due to difference in timezones (I'm around this weekend and probably the next too)

Well, technically I'm free as of 5pm-ish tomorrow, but since I'm on the wacky side of the Atlantic that may not work oh so well for you. Still, to repeat what I mentioned to Schpain in the other thread, I'm somewhat gotten the hang of early weekend games of BB, so scheduling really shouldn't be a hassle.

Anyhoos, I just remembered that I'm currently at gmt-4 (yeah, one of these days I'll remember the difference between Daylight and Standard when it comes to time), so let me know what times you think would work.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 02:21:12 PM

Teleku: I am going to be gone all weekend, unfortunately. Not sure when the best time to schedule this is going to end up due to that.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 05:55:56 AM

Syners United beat Heroes of Blood and Bowl 2-0.

In what was an amazingly bloody match, Nuffle was not smiling on the Heroes. With a werewolf injured early on, followed by 2 deaths the Norse team must have thought that they were playing a bashing team, the elves were relentless in their damage rolls.

Despite this, it was 0-0 by the end of the first half with the Norse team being close to scoring.

Second half was even worse for the Norse team. Despite making decent 1D blocks compared to the Elves rubbish 2D blocks they simply didn;t have enough players to stop the Elve's running game.

Felt very sorry for the Heroes who did everything right, but lost due to injuries.

(Do I need to upload this somewhere?)

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 10:19:33 AM

Uploading to the feeder league stats in bbm is good karma, but not essential.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 11:10:40 PM

Uploading to the feeder league stats in bbm is good karma, but not essential.

Ok, it's uploaded if any of you sick bunnies want to see Dark Elves literally murdering some Norse.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 04:14:12 AM

Avaia, Ruvaldt, available on steam now for most of the rest if the day if you have time for this.

Anyone else also welcome to message me for a generic feeder league match.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013, 08:20:27 AM

Cricketers - 2
Sugar based products - 1

First game out for Khorne Syrup and the Magratheans probably benefitted from Ruvaldt being new to frenzy. No injuries, but Voomfrindel (lineelf) was killed, only one crowd surf (by the cricketers!).

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013, 10:39:47 AM

chaos 2-cup cakes 1
A relatively sluggish game where the only injury was a badly hurt beastman despite good efforts by both sides (Stabby even felt the need to foul on turn 16  why so serious?)
Stats wise Stabby rolled alot more 1s than I did.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:41:27 AM by satael »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 11:54:42 PM

Teleku: I am going to be gone all weekend, unfortunately. Not sure when the best time to schedule this is going to end up due to that.
Hey, sorry, I was in Krakow all last week, then a friend was visiting until just yesterday, which required me to take him around warsaw and drink every night of his stay till late in the evening.

Now I am unexpectedly being sent to London for all of next week.  So I only have today (friday), saturday, and sunday open to play till next weekend.

If we can't make it work tonight, I am very happy to concede the match.  My team was absolutly raped into the ground last match, and if it wasn't for the fact I'm suppose to play other teams in this, I would have immediatly deleted the team and started over due to the types of injuries sustained.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 08, 2013, 06:38:19 AM

6 matches outstanding, how are we doing getting things scheduled?

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 08, 2013, 12:40:36 PM

megrim and i were supposed to connect monday (17 hours of timezone apart, oy) but missed each other due to me being stuck at work.  hoping to make it happen this weekend.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 08, 2013, 10:17:55 PM

aaand we're done. 3-0 megrim's elves over the muscle daddies.  i took two badly hurts and gave...i wanna say five injuries? six?  a decent injury count.  killed a hapless lineman.  the first half was abominable and the second merely topsy turvy.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #26 on: June 08, 2013, 11:48:40 PM

Yea, the lack of a bench really hurt the Khorne this game. The two early injuries set them back at a man disadvantage, and by the time the second half rolled around, they were 2-0 behind an elf team. So for my part, I lost a guy and will have two players missing next game on top of that!

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #27 on: June 09, 2013, 04:00:52 AM

As I said, I'm going to be taking off for London all next week starting Monday.  I've been away or out in the evenings almost every day for the last two weeks.  So unless Ingmar and I can get this done tonight (tonight my time), then you may as well hand over the win to him.  I just haven't been available to play.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 09, 2013, 04:46:47 AM

You can hold your game over to the next round, its not a big thing so long as the backlog doesn't get crazy. Would like at least 1, preferably 2 more matches before I pile on more fixtures though.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #29 on: June 09, 2013, 12:30:17 PM

I've not been around as much as expected either (and am heading out the door again now), I don't mind holding it over.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 09, 2013, 01:06:02 PM

Coldfingers over Turd Burglars, 3-0.  We started with some LAWL CYANIDE, as the Burglars did not in fact have the babes they requested and the Warpstone Troll was mysteriously absent for setup.   Thankfully, the Burglars only ever had one KO and he recovered just fine on his own, and the Troll showed up after both sides set up so LEAGUE INTEGRITY MAINTAINED.

The troll immediately proceeded to fail four Stupid rolls in a row, and then when he finally did something, doubleskulled, so really, we're not sure why he bothered to meander back to the game.   These rolls seemed to follow Haemish around for the rest of the game, and the Coldfingers started getting increasingly reckless and saucy, since clearly the dice were on their side.

As a final note, on the last revenge-hitting turn of the game, the angry Turds killed Rosa Klebb the zombie.  Farewell, Rosa.  We will all install poison blades on our boots in your honor.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #31 on: June 09, 2013, 01:06:50 PM

Turd Burglarz 0 - Coldfingers 3

Holy shit is the Underworld team bad. Two games in, I've had 2 MVP's that MNG both times, none of my players have leveled and this can't really even seem to mount any significant challenge to anyone. The team just has nothing it can focus around or build on. My block dice weren't bad but my everything else dice were horrendous. My troll failed 3 straight really stupid rolls to start the game, burning two of my rerolls and blitzes in the process. Of course, this was after the fucking UI decided to hide him on the kickoff then magically make him appear where I didn't want him when the ball was kicked. Oh and after the UI ignored my choice of Broodweiser Babes for inducements. It's games like this that make me doubt a purchase of Blood Bowl 2.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 03:18:46 AM

So when does round 3 start?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M Open~ Round 2/5  
Jump to: