Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:02:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Update 11 - Treachery of the White Hand 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update 11 - Treachery of the White Hand  (Read 10266 times)
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

on: May 13, 2013, 12:59:03 PM

Or as I like to think of it, "The Lost City of Frore in Baggins Pants."

Patch Notes here.

The is at least the dozenth time I've had to respend the points on my Legendaries swamp poop (I've had the same 2A staff since level 52 in Moria... I've never found anything better).

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 04:39:53 PM

It seems the new launcher is utterly broken. I'm hearing that in order to try patching again, you have to reboot your computer.

So, um, follow the old conventional wisdom - "never play on patch day." In fact, don't even try to patch on patch day.

- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 06:53:44 PM

You're right about the god-damned respecs.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 07:12:00 PM

As a local former fanboi this all makes me sad.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 12:02:50 AM

I enjoyed playing old alts up from the teens to Mirkwood, then I stopped.  I may go back.  It's just such a huge jump from 45 and the start of Vol.2 when you get LI's until cap (85).  I wish they'd increase everything below 70 so we could speed up if we wanted. Leveling still feels slow.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 01:06:35 AM

There was an item called the Derudh's Stone that came with RoI preorders or can be bought in the store. It's a pocket item that boosts monster kill XP by 25% until level 64.

I junked or banked all mine (I think leveling is too fast vs. the amount of content available), but it's bind on acquire, so I can't give it to you. :/

- Henry Cobb
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 01:30:53 PM

The problem may be then not the speed of leveling -- although I think it's slow -- but definitely there is a HUGE gulf between people 80-85 and the (small) rest of the player base.  I just wish there was sidekicking or bolstering mechanic so people could participate in Raids/Instances and see all the mudflated content.  I mean, I've been playing it off and on since Beta and I still have never played the Rift, Helegrod etc.  Maybe to recycle my perennial complaint of this game they just need a real LFG/LFD tool for cross server fun to make everything off cap more accessible?
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 04:35:00 PM

So remember how when they started making potions available through faction rep vendors, crafter-scholars moaned that Turbine had destroyed half their AH income?

Laila's new store destroys the other half - she sells dyes.

http://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/lalias-market

- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 08:16:46 AM

MANIACS

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 10:23:45 AM

That sucks.  I made good income (when I bothered)  farming mats and making potions.  Oh wells, just promotes the instance farming for gold. :(
Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 12:45:00 PM

So remember how when they started making potions available through faction rep vendors, crafter-scholars moaned that Turbine had destroyed half their AH income?

Laila's new store destroys the other half - she sells dyes.

http://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/lalias-market

The dyes are only sold for Mithril Coins (one of the real-money currencies) and are the same price as from the real-money store.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 03:43:57 PM

That sucks.  I made good income (when I bothered)  farming mats and making potions.  Oh wells, just promotes the instance farming for gold. :(

Ya I made good money working the dye market when I played. Until the usual undersell at a loss players moved in and ruined it on my server so it doesn't bug me that an npc is ruining it for players. :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Update 11 - Treachery of the White Hand  
Jump to: