Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:29:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: HOLLLLLLY FUCK DAFT PUNK 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOLLLLLLY FUCK DAFT PUNK  (Read 13718 times)
schild
Administrator

on: May 13, 2013, 12:00:09 PM

http://grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/Daft+Punk+Random+Access+Memories/86439304
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 12:23:41 PM

Finally! Now if it would just get on Spotify.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 12:28:27 PM

Blocked site, what's it say?

It can't be on Spotify yet because release is the 20th.

Rumormill says they'll be streaming the album tonight, though.:
http://www.nme.com/news/daft-punk/70269

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 12:50:48 PM

Hell yes.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 12:58:21 PM

Track 13, "Contact," is one of the best songs I've ever heard. It's so good, I want to say it shouldn't exist.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 01:02:03 PM

Track 13, "Contact," is one of the best songs I've ever heard. It's so good, I want to say it shouldn't exist.

So damn excited.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 01:25:37 PM

I keep expecting to hear Michael McDonald vocals come in on Fragments of Time.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 01:32:29 PM

I encourage you to listen to Emerson Lake & Palmer, early Alan Parson's Project, or Dream Theater. 

Thanks for the link.  Good stuff and nice to hear what you 'kids' listen to these days!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 01:33:29 PM

I'm sorry, you seem to be under the impression I haven't listened to all of that.

Comeon. You know me better than that.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 01:36:54 PM

Modern Vampires of the City is a really good album also.

I'm declaring 2013 done. We don't need anymore albums this year.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 01:38:23 PM

I'm sorry, you seem to be under the impression I haven't listened to all of that.

Comeon. You know me better than that.

I know you have.  I was being a smartass. 

I'm liking this album you linked.  It's new and retro at the same time.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 01:38:29 PM

I encourage you to listen to Emerson Lake & Palmer, early Alan Parson's Project, or Dream Theater. 

Thanks for the link.  Good stuff and nice to hear what you 'kids' listen to these days!

Get off my lawn.   Get off my lawn!

awesome, for real
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 01:40:18 PM

Disagree. Prince/3rd Eye Girl album is shaping up to be awesome.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 01:41:02 PM

According to Wiki, there's a Japan exclusive track called "Horizon".  Anyone find a good copy of that yet?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 01:41:55 PM

Disagree. Prince/3rd Eye Girl album is shaping up to be awesome.
Don't get me wrong. I just want it to come out in 2014 now.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 01:42:26 PM

Goddamnit.. anyone got another link since that one's blocked at the office?

schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 01:42:56 PM

They're not streaming that version Luckton, so no, no way to get it yet.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 01:58:50 PM

Pre-ordered the second it was available.  

Dream Theatre.  I have a rant about them..  Not because they aren't incredible musicians but they're so serious it makes me giggle.  I'm sure they don't expect anyone to giggle.  Also, have you listened to their cover stuff?  I swear, I can't tell the difference between them and the original artist.  It's creepy how they do that.  One more thing since I'm on a Dream Theatre rant.  I was listening to that Count of Tuscany song and when they came to the bit about the soldiers in the wine... well, I'm still rolling on the floor laughing.  And I don't believe the story about it.  Not for one bizarro minute.  

Having said that, I could have watched Mike Portnoy (who quit Dream Theatre) play on his drum all day.  And he looks like a Jewish Che Guevara, which is weird.

And I'm not a kid and I've listened to Daft Punk since they existed.  The kid bit inside me listens to something so different you might not survive a clip.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 02:05:43 PM

It's a great song.  After around 1:40 it reminds me of Aerodynamic from Homework for a bit.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 04:28:45 PM

It's alright.

The track titled, "Girogio by Moroder" was enough to make me by the album without hearing it at all though.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 04:29:51 PM

It is streaming for free on iTunes now. I have no idea what tracks are what but my god, this is good shit.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 04:31:14 PM

It's alright.

The track titled, "Girogio by Moroder" was enough to make me by the album without hearing it at all though.

As it should be.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 05:45:45 PM

This is goddamned good.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 06:21:06 PM

Not seeing what the OMGWTFBBQ is about this. It is Daft Punk, bent slightly more towards the retro feel. It is not bad overall and it has some really good hooks throughout, but I can't see the fervor for it. Three maybe four great tracks but overall, meh. To each, his own I suppose.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 06:49:50 PM

Link no workee.  I'll have to get it the hard way.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 10:33:47 PM

You can also stream the whole thing through iTunes, just go to the album and hit the "listen now" button.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 10:51:34 PM

Heh, they reanimated the corpse of Paul Williams.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:24:36 PM by Abagadro »

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 11:24:23 PM

I dig that one a lot. The synth line has a very Wim Mertens quality about it. The overlay of the drums and then the layering of the electronic noise is amazing.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 12:03:20 AM

Damnit, just got to work and saw all this.  Somebody get me a link streaming this shit through a browser, can't install iTunes.   Ohhhhh, I see.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 01:36:28 AM

Damnit, just got to work and saw all this.  Somebody get me a link streaming this shit through a browser, can't install iTunes.   Ohhhhh, I see.

...first post?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 02:34:04 AM

Its dead jim.

Edit:  Actually, looks like computer policy back in DC was blocking shit that made that site work.  Moved over to a different pc not directly tied in with our special network, now I can search for the songs and find them.  Though the original link is still broken.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:39:17 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 03:25:49 AM

Bar a couple of tracks, 'contact' being the main one, it's elevator music.

If the rest of the album had been as a good as 'contact' it would have been worth all the hype.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 04:25:56 AM

Finally got to listen to most of it last night.   Quite different from what I'd expect of DP and I love the pure digital stuff a lot more.  Introduction of unmodded vocalists to a majority of the tracks means I'm going to have to give a few listens before coming to a final judgement.

I'm digging it so far, but that doesn't mean it won't wear on me like "one more time" has.  While I can appreciate it, I've never been a funk guy.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 06:43:34 AM

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #34 on: May 14, 2013, 09:59:53 AM

thx.  Yeah, there are some gems here.

Lose Yourself to Dance is deluvely.  But I'm nuts for Nile Rogers.  Johnny Marr even named one of his kids Nile. 
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: HOLLLLLLY FUCK DAFT PUNK  
Jump to: