Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:12:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: If they can't read it, they won't know it. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If they can't read it, they won't know it.  (Read 1339 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: February 25, 2005, 01:29:22 PM

Quote from: AP
Man Buys Every Copy of Hometown Paper to Hide Drug Arrest

Published: February 24, 2005 5:00 PM ET

CHOWCHILLA, Calif. (AP) Jack William Pacheco came up with a plan to keep his neighbors from learning about his recent arrest on suspicion that he possessed methamphetamine -- he snapped up every copy of the local newspaper.

"I have a whole garage full of newspapers," Pacheco said, estimating he bought 500 to 600 copies on Wednesday from gas stations, convenience stores, and coin-operated news racks.

That afternoon, circulation officials at The Chowchilla News discovered there were no copies of the weekly paper for sale anywhere in the city. The paper prints 700 copies a week.

Five hundred additional copies were reprinted Wednesday night and were available Thursday at the newspaper's main office.

Pacheco was arrested Feb. 17 at his Chowchilla home, where authorities say they found methamphetamine, an allegation he denies.

"It's an embarrassment to my family," Pacheco said. "It's an embarrassment to me."

His story appeared on the paper's front page. Despite his efforts, the newspaper still made its way to about 550 home subscribers.

Pacheco said he'll use his hundreds of newspapers to clean his windows and train his new puppy.

Meanwhile, he was released after posting $5,000 bail and will appear in court March 21.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 02:29:46 PM

I can't believe they caught him. His every action screams criminal mastermind.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 02:47:51 PM

I can't believe they caught him. His every action screams criminal mastermind.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: If they can't read it, they won't know it.  
Jump to: