Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:20:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cube World ( Working Name ) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cube World ( Working Name )  (Read 63679 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: July 18, 2013, 06:13:12 AM

Having spent more time with the title, and a bit of Wiki reading. Our fun has increased with this title. In that regard, I think a bit more in game explanation would help a good deal. Get the majority useless NPC text to mean something, like informing the player. Something that really changed things for us was an NPC that gave us a location to a castle. That helped a great deal with the boredom.

The tuning of the title though, may need some work. The con system is not very accurate and you can find some red names simple, and other extreamly hard. I will say, a good chunk of this seems to be tuned for multiplayer. But i cant help feel between the major POI's there needs to be some smaller sub POI's to break up the long travel times.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: July 18, 2013, 07:56:03 AM

Always try to take a path that will leave you through/across mountains, looking for caves has been a decent minor POI imo and usually gets some ore. Useless if you're using the crafting glitch, great if you're not. Otherwise, look for bosses or portals. Those aren't not the best options, but they are the current options I've found the bit I've played.

I agree about the NPC text though, that and being able to search/inspect just about every item, and having it say there is nothing of interest or whatever it says, gets old. I do think some sort of companion system would be cool and help this out a bit. I'd like if when you see an NPC that is saving up for a glider or boat then you could drop the item on the ground for them then they'll be like a 2nd/3rd pet for you to use in single player.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: July 18, 2013, 08:23:07 AM

Crafting glitch?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: July 18, 2013, 09:05:25 AM

I dunno about crafting. But on a MP server, there is a bug where your pets do not keep levels. Really painful.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: July 18, 2013, 09:13:19 AM

I dunno about crafting. But on a MP server, there is a bug where your pets do not keep levels. Really painful.

I ran into that last night.  Pet got to level 4, vanished, and started at level 3 again.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: July 18, 2013, 09:20:06 AM

That's the one. As long as they persist, its fine. If they die or you pack them up, its all gone.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: July 18, 2013, 09:27:09 AM

Crafting glitch -

Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: July 18, 2013, 10:37:54 AM

Get the majority useless NPC text to mean something, like informing the player. Something that really changed things for us was an NPC that gave us a location to a castle.

The NPCs who will put locations on your map will have a (...) speech bubble over their heads. If it is green, they will give you a new POI location, if it is white, you already talked to them. And of course any crossed swords on the map is a POI, your "daily quest", and you can change them up by resetting the day at an Inn, repeatedly if you choose (just lower the volume). The only other NPCS worth talking to are the ones who reveal pet taming info, assuming you are playing with that as part of the game instead of heading to a wiki.

I found Wollay to be pretty clear about where the game is in development, what you get for buying now, and what's coming. In fact this is one of the better presentations of basic info I've seen:  https://picroma.com/cubeworld .

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: July 23, 2013, 06:29:38 AM

PATCH!

June 23, 2013

• Added an option to limit the frame rate (see options menu: FPS limit; default 111 fps)
  • Ranger ability 'Scout's switftness' doesn't crash on multiplayer servers anymore
  • Ranger ability 'Retreat' doesn't increase hang gliding speed anymore
  • The crossbow's right mouse button ability now only does damage when charged
  • You can now reset the day in inns only between 6:00 P.M. and 6:00 A.M.
  • Fixed a bug where multiplayer groups received too much XP for missions

Also, we found some sort of teleportation stone last night. Its just a shame we did not know how to use it.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: July 23, 2013, 06:37:32 AM

Nerf to Retreat working with hang gliding sucks.

Nerf to resetting the day only after 6pm sucks.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: July 23, 2013, 07:46:13 AM

Why does that patch say June 23?  I assume a typo.

Interesting changes.

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: July 23, 2013, 10:01:32 AM

What a crappy patch, hopefully some modders can revert some of these changes quickly.
-I don't like the nerf to hangliding + retreat, that made travel not suck complete ass. I'd rather give other classes the ability to do something similar (teleport, intercept, and charge + hang gliding for speed increases would have been preferred). [fake edit: just read that retreat gliding still works, as does retreat jumping]
-The inn change I'm on the fence. Yes, it was easy to level but who cares? Though, if a nerf was really needed, at least limit the times to be a 1-4hr gametime cooldown.
-Multiplayer mission xp was maybe a bit high, but again - who cares?
-Swiftness fix is nice, it was to the point that I forgot I had an ability on my #3 key so having a 5th ability again will be pretty awesome. why so serious?
-I do like the fix to xbow mouse2, but without scripting you could say goodbye to any usage for your wrist. Also, with enough haste it didn't matter as a ranger with the procs for instantly charged M2 shots and higher white damage shots with good aim made the xbow more fun and higher damage than M2 spam anyways (anecdotal evidence though, regardless my wrist appreciated it more).
-Great news about the framerate, hopefully CPU optimization next.

As for teleportation stones - basically, there will be stones that can teleport you to another stone if you've found locations of multiple stones. They can be found by following the "grid" at locations where quests/missions/castles/etc do not spawn.  Here is one good read about the grid and portals

And here is what is up next, emphasis mine:
•Fixing bugs: We have already gathered a big list of bugs and glitches reported by players.
 •Compatibility: Some players have DirectX initialization problems on their PCs. We will try to find out the reasons and solve these issues.
 •Performance: We will work on performance optimizations, both for client and server.
•Remappable controls: We will make all controls configurable.
 •Scalable GUI: We will make the GUI scalable, so it works well with lower resolutions, too.
 •Multiplayer server configuration: We will add more server configurations options, such as a configurable port.
 •New content: We already have a few things in the making, such as new creatures.
 •Changes to the website: We'll restructure the site a little and add a new forum and probably a bugtracking system (if anyone can recommend a good bugtracker, please let me know).

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: July 23, 2013, 07:48:23 PM

Interesting changes.
I think the interesting part is what they chose to fix, rather than how.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: August 25, 2013, 01:40:18 PM

Is anyone playing this currently? Is there an F13 server?
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #259 on: September 29, 2013, 11:11:41 PM

This is one of the only games of the last few years in which I feel I got burned.  It looks like the dev is AWOL.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #260 on: September 30, 2013, 07:38:24 AM

This game was fun for a couple hours and then uninstalled. Nothing to it, really.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: September 30, 2013, 07:53:53 AM

Awww. It held such promise for me, too.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: September 30, 2013, 08:19:15 AM

This is one of the only games of the last few years in which I feel I got burned.  It looks like the dev is AWOL.

I skimmed a reddit thread on this, apparently the dev has a history of doing this. He'll go awol for months then drop a load of stuff. I guess this is the danger you get for putting too much hope and faith in a one-man project.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #263 on: September 30, 2013, 12:07:47 PM

Sad and bizarre.  Hope something comes out of it.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: September 30, 2013, 07:23:19 PM

Don't worry, the miracle patch is coming!

awesome, for real
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: November 15, 2013, 08:33:53 AM

https://picroma.com/blog/post/10

I'm currently reworking some aspects of Cube World to improve the game experience. I'm planning to include them in the next update, but I still need some time to test them. Here is an overview:
  • Maximum power is now scaled to 20 (from 100). Effectively, your strength won't be affected, just the numbers are scaled and items are available for a wider level range.
  • Each land now has a power level which determines the average power of creatures and dungeons. That way, players can choose difficulty by themselves.
  • The size of lands has been decreased. The average size is now 20x20 tiles (was 64x64). This enables players to explore new lands more quickly and also results in closer cities.
  • Naming and coloring of creatures and dungeons is now analog to items: For example, a blue "Undead +18" means that he has power level 18 and is likely to drop +18 items of blue quality. In contrast to before, players can now precisely see the power of creatures.
  • Dungeon missions aren't generated daily anymore and aren't adapted to the player level. Instead, players can see on the map if a dungeon has been cleared or not (indicated by a skull icon). A dungeon is cleared by defeating the boss and will remain empty for a couple of days.
  • I'm working on underworld caverns: The idea is to have a network of caverns below the overworld with secret entrances at the surface. The underworld will be inhabited by various monsters of varying power and will add another exploration factor to the game. Currently I'm experimenting with nice-looking entrances (it's tricky to get them right).

Besides that I'm working on a better forum/comments solution, but currently the next update has priority.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: November 15, 2013, 08:38:02 AM

I'm working on underworld caverns: The idea is to have a network of caverns below the overworld with secret entrances at the surface. The underworld will be inhabited by various monsters of varying power and will add another exploration factor to the game. Currently I'm experimenting with nice-looking entrances (it's tricky to get them right).

Yes! This was the feature I was most hoping for.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: November 15, 2013, 08:42:17 AM

The smaller areas are also a great change. It could originally be quite a while between towns and fun.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: April 23, 2016, 01:10:48 PM

Arise!

It looks like this game is finally being worked on again...if anyone really cares by now.

http://massivelyop.com/2016/04/20/cube-world-demos-glider-physics-maps-and-new-skills/
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #269 on: April 26, 2016, 06:41:53 AM

Ahh damn, now I gotta also wait for this to update! I had a lot of fun with this when it first came out, I'll be back too once they finally release this next patch (whenever it may be).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cube World ( Working Name )  
Jump to: