Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:30:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Guesting Crap Now. Thanks whiners 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guesting Crap Now. Thanks whiners  (Read 9295 times)
Phred
Terracotta Army

on: April 24, 2013, 03:54:17 PM

So this past weekend I was playing with a friend who tried out the free trial, and was guesting on his server. One of those events spawned where a chest drops (Shaman in the nord newbie area) and we did it and I discovered the whiners have won again in their fight to make the game less fun. No chest for a guest now. Thanks whiners.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  awesome, for real swamp poop

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 04:04:31 PM by Phred »
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 04:55:09 PM

So this past weekend I was playing with a friend who tried out the free trial, and was guesting on his server. One of those events spawned where a chest drops (Shaman in the nord newbie area) and we did it and I discovered the whiners have won again in their fight to make the game less fun. No chest for a guest now. Thanks whiners.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  awesome, for real swamp poop

ehh you probably done it for the day. I guest all time for chest events and get em NP
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 05:17:29 PM

ehh you probably done it for the day. I guest all time for chest events and get em NP

Hmm. Didnt think so. not on that character anyway.
Is it daily for all chars? it's been so long since I played enough to remember I don't. If that's the case then it makes the whines about guesting being the reason for crowded events even more bogus seeing as you can only guest on one server.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:19:39 PM by Phred »
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 05:23:02 PM

[

Hmm. Didnt think so. not on that character anyway.
Is it daily for all chars? it's been so long since I played enough to remember I don't. If that's the case then it makes the whines about guesting being the reason for crowded events even more bogus seeing as you can only guest on one server.

its daily per account. AFAIR it used to be daily per character but it was changed to daily per account/event
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 06:51:14 PM

Damn my bad then. Sorry whiners if any of you are reading this  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 07:23:44 AM

It's a good concept but in practice it's an exploiter/troll's dream come true.  I wouldn't miss it if they scrapped it entirely.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 07:54:28 AM

Yeah.  People went insane once those events started dropping rares like candy.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 09:32:34 AM

Ok. Can you explain how it's exploitive when you can only do one event per day per account? No matter where you guest?
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 11:04:10 AM

Ok. Can you explain how it's exploitive when you can only do one event per day per account? No matter where you guest?

It was exploited when it was once/day/character, not account. Basically you'd use a timer like gwtemple, and guest your alts around to hit every event as quickly as possible. During primetime it was impossible to do events on your home server because the zones would be full and you'd get overflowed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Guesting Crap Now. Thanks whiners  
Jump to: