Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:00:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  (Read 375900 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1085 on: August 02, 2020, 04:40:44 PM

In "this is a stupid idea" news, they also announced that you can disoolve one of your frames and transfor one of its powers to another frame. Of course being DE it was contradictory and vauge which powers you could do and so on, so I can imagine it will turn into a clusterfuck or they will "forget" to implement it.
Most frames have one of more useless or nearly-useless abilities so this might be a good way of giving some frames more power or utility. I think it'll be interesting. It's possible it might get delayed if they can't figure out how to "convert" some abilities to be usable in other frames or come up with "new" abilities fast enough but it's very unlikely it'll be forgotten (delayed indefinitely). This Tennocon they clearly were showcasing "near-future" things unlike some of the previous ones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1086 on: August 03, 2020, 01:47:17 PM

As someone with all the non-prime frames, each with forma in them, no way am I melting them down. That would give me empty frame slots as I also have all the primes/Umbra an I like my collection.I will probably treat this the way I treat the Archwing, Railjack Plains etc. Ignore them and play a different game instead.

Gut instinct is that this might be how they reduce individual databases. Also, increase the grind as people like me would log in to get additional frames. For me, that's a game breaker, there are other games I want to play and the rotations for some of the drops is nuts.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1087 on: August 03, 2020, 01:56:56 PM

I don't play my non-Prime frames that have Prime frames anymore so I'm fine with melting mine down except for perhaps a few for nostalgia sake (e.g. Mag, my starting frame, and Trinity my most used one in group play in the early days). Some are pretty easy to farm too so that's an option for some. Others of course are a pain in the ass to farm and I may just resort to buying them (again) depending on what abilities they provide. I do like not seeing any frames available for purchase at the bottom of the Equip list, though, so hmm...
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1088 on: August 10, 2020, 05:49:12 AM

Ya, people are boasting about how they have X amount of Frames ready to go in the forge, just need to be completed. I'm guilty as well, in that I have a few frames that I already have the parts for ready and I bought the dojo frames to build. Other than that, I havend done anything to prep for it at all. I'm certainly NOT not sitting through the grind to get the harder to get frames because eff that.

Anyway, this is the mew map

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1089 on: August 12, 2020, 01:01:13 PM

DE has realeased its "Comprehensive Dex update for the ability changing thing. And released an update today which is basically everything put in but nor activated yet.

So far its looking like a buggy mess with people not able to finish missions, Defense objectives missing, and a new mission completion screen which seems to me to be badly laid out.

So ya I wouln't bother logging in till late tomorrow after the first round of hotfixes.

From the power list that can be swapped, this is looking like they are going for totally overpowered rather than in anyway balanced. I had a very bad feeling about this, and it looks like I was completely correct. This is a bad, bad idea. For one thing, it will take about a day before people are yelling at other people about not having the "correct" list of skills for their frames on missions. Anyway, link to dev post here.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1212921-the-helminth-dev-workshop/

Hic sunt dracones.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1090 on: August 12, 2020, 02:33:18 PM

From the power list that can be swapped, this is looking like they are going for totally overpowered rather than in anyway balanced. I had a very bad feeling about this, and it looks like I was completely correct. This is a bad, bad idea.
Based on the restrictions they gave themselves there weren't many powers they could choose from. I.e. for most frames there was only one choice that it could be. Of the ones where there were multiple choices there are some interesting choices (e.g. Nova with Null Star instead of Anitmatter Drop) but they basically backed themselves into a corner in terms of what they could pick.

For one thing, it will take about a day before people are yelling at other people about not having the "correct" list of skills for their frames on missions. Anyway, link to dev post here.
There's not much content in the game that requires a "meta" build. I don't do Tridolons (or Eidolons at all for that matter) and I don't do the meta affinity/focus/whatever_resource farms so I can't remember the last time somebody complained about somebody else's setup in a pub. I do see people occasionally drop in missions that I suspect were not happy with the frame lineup, but they don't whine about it before hand. I.e. if you are just playing to have some fun it doesn't matter what people's frame setups are. If you are in tryhard mode it probably will matter what abilities people swap in but that's no different than the situation now with Tridolons and affinity farms, etc.

Edit: updated to address both points
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 02:40:39 PM by Trippy »
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1091 on: August 12, 2020, 10:27:31 PM

I can't ever remember anyone bitching about builds in a pub.

You don't even need to attach Umbral mods to excel in this game.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1092 on: August 13, 2020, 12:15:11 AM

I have, but mainly in Eidolons and kill streak meta signups. When Steel path launched I went on with some people in my clan to see how had a Tri-cap was in steep path. Well there was just a barrel of rage from one guy about how I had gathered too much lures as I have spoiled the timing, why wasn't I Void Stricking, bitch bitch bitch. And DARE you tell anyone that there are other places to level other than Hydron. (helene on Saturn is pretty much as good and has better loot)

For the record there isn't much difference between the Teralyst and Gantulysts, but Hydrolysts spawn murderous numbers of level 110+ Vomulysts that WILL blow up your lures and are hard to take out.

Hic sunt dracones.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1093 on: August 25, 2020, 08:54:17 PM

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1094 on: September 10, 2020, 07:56:04 PM

So I just got max rank with SU and...
I also just recently hit max rank with Ostron *and* made my first custom amp awesome, for real
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 07:58:38 PM by Trippy »
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1095 on: October 09, 2020, 06:03:59 PM

Umbral Forma BP Gift of the Lotus alert is up right now. It's a long high level Grineer Lua Cryopod defense mission.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1096 on: October 09, 2020, 10:16:18 PM

Umbral Forma BP Gift of the Lotus alert is up right now. It's a long high level Grineer Lua Cryopod defense mission.

Awesome, I never seem to hang in with the game to get to the Nightwave Umbral. I just lose interest and need a break

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1097 on: November 15, 2020, 09:41:10 PM

The final Nightwave mission is total bullshit. It's like Octavia's final mission but an order of magnitude worse.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #1098 on: November 18, 2020, 10:29:45 PM

The final Nightwave mission is total bullshit. It's like Octavia's final mission but an order of magnitude worse.

I did it on my second try. I quite enjoyed it myself except when you fail and have to do the pre-platform jumping again just to get to the boss.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1099 on: November 21, 2020, 07:21:53 PM

The two new weapon blueprint drop locations with the recent release are/were bugged so they added Gift of the Lotus alerts for the next 36 hours or so to get them that way instead.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1236882-sporothrix-arum-spinosa-gift-from-the-lotus-alerts/?tab=comments#comment-11942364

Infested Sniper: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sporothrix
Infested Warfan: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arum_Spinosa
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1100 on: November 22, 2020, 01:48:44 AM

I drifted away from the game as they seem even more intent on making it high engagement / competitive / multiplayer and a spaceflight sim whereas I just liked running missions and doing some shooting. Seeing a video of a necramech makes me think I probably got out at a good time.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1101 on: November 22, 2020, 07:35:50 AM

Railjack was a bust. People don’t play that on a regular basis because there’s no reason to. Demios is pretty good, though.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1102 on: December 16, 2020, 02:06:04 PM

Gift of the Lotus Legendary Core Alert Mission is up. Expires in 4 days. Melee-only Void Survival (30 -35).
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1103 on: December 22, 2020, 07:40:54 AM

New operation up where you can get a new Warframe "Lavos." as one of the rewards

Its kinda similar to Scarlet Spear except no Space bit (thank god) but the twist is that your warframes shut down close to the target, so you have to ose your operator or Necramechs to deal with it. Operators can TP around and kill "resonators" that die fast to Operator void beams, so if you don't have a Necramech (I didn't) you can still be useful while the Voidrigs go into Guard Mode and nuke the Occylists. Theres Sentients all around but they vanish when the occylist dies so you can pretty much ignore them.

Its actually kinda fun in a proper blasty blasty way. Also has the scarlet spear gear so you can get that stuff if you need it. Going for another 27 days.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1104 on: December 22, 2020, 12:19:21 PM

5 Gifts of the lotus up with various rewards. 12 hoours 20 mins from this post.

Hic sunt dracones.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1105 on: December 22, 2020, 12:37:21 PM

Days, not hours.

Screenshot (taken yesterday).
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1106 on: December 22, 2020, 12:56:03 PM

Ya I was just coming back to correct that.  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #1107 on: February 01, 2021, 05:17:54 PM

Octavia Prime will come soon with Tenora Prime and Pandero Prime. Prime Access comes with Shawzin Prime.

Coming up is a new Warframe, Corpus Railjack, Valentines stuff and more.

https://youtu.be/3L4_fIf63kg
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1108 on: February 01, 2021, 05:21:24 PM

Man the last time I played this game was when the original Octavia came out. Starting to measure time using the game stuff as examples.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #1109 on: February 01, 2021, 05:36:04 PM

Man the last time I played this game was when the original Octavia came out. Starting to measure time using the game stuff as examples.

Still a good game, I sold Octavia long ago, seemed too one dimensional to me though when I get the Prime she might gel with me more. If she doesn't I still have the two prime weapons she comes with.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1110 on: February 01, 2021, 09:28:34 PM

Not really feeling her Prime skin.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #1111 on: February 02, 2021, 12:46:20 PM

Not really feeling her Prime skin.

I can understand it might be too similar to the non-Prime. I don't mind too much because Octavia has a good design anyway its her gameplay I didn't care much for last time I had her.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1112 on: April 15, 2021, 09:35:59 AM

Ok New Warframe; Sevagoth. Don't have it yet so no comment.

Lots of Railjack changes which in general seem to be  a positive. You can shoot Corpus now. You can recruit crewmembers to handle your guns depair stuff and pilot the ship, and defend against invaders. The upgrade Interrface has been changed to they standard Mod interface that the rest of the game uses, and Railjack interiors have been redesigned to be a little more compact.

New Quest involving Sevagoth. Minus - its 2 missions but they are fairly long. Plus - pretty fun Quest with a lot of Atmosphere and spacy cutscenes

And... they included a song.

Trailer here so you can get a bit of... the song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp4wYi59Tik

Fuck sake DE. Just release a best of Album and TAKE MY GODDAM MONEY.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:41:49 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1113 on: April 15, 2021, 10:54:49 PM

I became an instant Lavros fan - the kit on him is just fantastic, with lots of synergy as a nuker or even a CC tank. Big props for the design

Octavia Prime looks good when you tweak the colours - I really like how she works but syadannas don't fall naturally off her. I switch between her Prime and Tennogen skins.

Sevagoth is trying to do too much - I put 1 forma into it and am leaving it until I can be bothered finding a happy place with it. By comparison, I put 5 forma into Lavros.

Railjack is indeed better but they need AI crews to not be stuck behind grinding. I'd be happy to  grind railjack with an AI crew, but it's murder trying to solo it and I am really not a fan of the open world grind. In fact, I dislike the open worlds profusely. Give people the crews from the start.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1114 on: April 17, 2021, 06:28:24 AM

Well, you quits in then as due to the new system Lavos has a massive advantage in that the battle abilities run off your warframe energy now, and since Lavos has no energy so it's replaced by a cooldown. So if you are in Lavos you can run around spamming missiles forever like that enemy ship in nuStarTrek. Enjoy  before the nerf.

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #1115 on: May 18, 2021, 04:15:59 PM

Gara Prime. Comes with Astilla Prime and Volnus Prime. Glass cat for those who want to pay.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1116 on: May 18, 2021, 04:28:13 PM

Oooh pretty.

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #1117 on: May 18, 2021, 05:00:35 PM

Oooh pretty.

Very and I am very pleased with the weapons, its no surprise but those are the two I most wanted.

What is also good is that they are stopping Gara losing her glass when you use her 2.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1118 on: May 18, 2021, 09:55:31 PM

You left out the most important picture (click for full size):

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1119 on: June 18, 2021, 04:50:41 PM

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  
Jump to: