Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:19:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Support Thief 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Support Thief  (Read 7947 times)
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

on: April 17, 2013, 07:11:22 AM

I've been giving this a go.  My thief is currently L47 and I'm seeing effectiveness in the WvW zerg.  Effectiveness in a zerg may seem like an oxymoron, but the dark field from Shadow Refuge and the blast finisher from short bow's Cluster Bomb come in very handy.  Looking forward to venom share.

Anyone have experience with this type of thief?  Pointers? 
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 01:12:18 PM

My buddy runs a support shortbow thief that he got from a thief in Rekz on EBay (dunno if that means anything to you).

His aoe damage, toughness, self healing, etc are great.  Not something you want to solo with.   If you want I can ask him for a link to his build/gear etc

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 03:10:17 PM

Since posting that I found a really fun build and play style for my thief.  If you ever happen to get a chance to get that build info, I'm all for it though.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 03:26:45 PM

Well they have now nerfed the ranged on our blast finisher but i always had the most fun with full glass cannon build. 30 in the power line,  30 in the crit line, 10 i think on the might on dodge skill and full berzerkers.  Then just find a place to hide and rain 5k aoe blasts on fools.

I am the .00000001428%
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:08:13 PM

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 12:09:17 PM

Nice, I'm gonna try that. 

Running WvW with the commanders on Mumble has really streamlined my play.  We have some good CM's on Tarnished Coast and it pretty much comes down to: 

--Statics and Blasts (while running around for aoe swiftness).  So i just hit short bow 2 in all the statics.
--Stack on commander and do Dagger Storm during zerg v zerg fights...followed by either collecting a million bags or respawning :)

If the fights last longer I just dance around with D/D and SB.  Seems to do the trick.

I also have 30 points in Trickery, with 20 each in Shadow Arts and Acrobatics.  The trickery line has some good support with stealing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Support Thief  
Jump to: