Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:52:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Black Desert - Korea getting serious about sandboxes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Black Desert - Korea getting serious about sandboxes  (Read 191817 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: May 08, 2016, 07:27:20 AM

Is anyone still playing this? Is there an active Bat Country?

I'm a little confused about servers - I created my character on Uno but couldn't log into it there, so joined a different server for my last play session. Can one join whichever server is open, such that characters aren't tied to servers, or does this change later on?

So far, I've just followed the little spirit and done quests. It's very pretty.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: May 08, 2016, 07:44:51 AM

For servers, there's Uno, Edan, and Orwen for NA. Your characters are then limited to the three servers, but can change channels (Velia, Mediah, etc) every ~13mins
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #457 on: May 08, 2016, 08:01:13 AM

I'm on Uno.  Last week they took down 3 worlds or shards or whatever they are and haven't brought them up again so everything is crowded nearly all the time.  I use the Mediah (sp?) U2, for the most part, and it used to be sparsely populated most of the time.  Now it's crowded, too.  Bleh.  I get very distracted in this game because there's so much to do and so many parts and levels to work on for each discipline.  Like trading and workers and all that stuff.  It takes forever to finish anything.  It took me 3 days to make a fucking raft.  I only built one because my horse got stranded on some island.  I keep losing my horse.  There is no Bat Country on Uno, I checked, but there might be on another server.  Drew would probably know. 

After all my complaining, I'm still playing.  Highest character is only 25 because of the distraction factor.  I might be ever so slightly very reluctantly semi-addicted.  Le sigh.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: May 08, 2016, 11:29:13 AM

Ah, I see - I was confusing servers with channels.

My level 10 beast tamer or w/e it's called is on Uno.

I've gathered some weeds and a plant or two - do I just vendor the weeds? Every time I go to vendor, I'm told that I could get more for it in the marketplace, but does this count for weeds too?

There is way too much going on, and I keep running here to there. The distraction factor is high.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: May 08, 2016, 12:36:30 PM

Weeds can be used in some alchemy as a replacement for some herbs (like 5 weeds to replace 1 wildgrass or something like that) and you can also make herbal juice with 10 weeds and mineral water.

As to whether it's worth it to put it on the marketplace check the market price (and remember that you lose a third of it on taxes) if it's worth the effort.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: May 08, 2016, 04:05:29 PM

I have a 54 Sorc on Uno and a bunch of alts.  I'm currently distracted by the new season of D3, however.  There's a lot to like about the game, but trying to keep up with the top power curve for pvp is fruitless and a huge turnoff.

most often known as Drevik
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: May 21, 2016, 05:04:45 PM

OK, coming up on 3-months.  Now that the new MMO smell has given way to stale french fries and spilled coffee smell... is it worth entering the game?  I won't ask if there's anyone still in an F13 guild at this point (we all know the answer to that)... but if someone has a spare 7-day trial code, I'd be grateful for the oppty to poke around a bit.

edit: thanks for the code, Signe.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 06:53:47 AM by March »
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #462 on: May 22, 2016, 08:21:15 AM

You are totally welcome.  :)

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #463 on: May 23, 2016, 07:22:36 AM

I don't really have time for this, but it looks cool.  Do the boobs jiggle?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #464 on: May 23, 2016, 08:23:32 AM

They do but only when I'm bouncing around.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #465 on: May 23, 2016, 01:01:06 PM

*scribbles in notebook*

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: May 24, 2016, 06:08:29 AM

I don't really have time for this, but it looks cool.  Do the boobs jiggle?

You can buy lingerie for your character in the cash shop if that gives you an idea of where the game's priorities lie. 

most often known as Drevik
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #467 on: May 25, 2016, 09:45:16 PM

It's quite addicting.  I am currently farming Contribution points.  I wish to have every node possible.  I'm currently at 237.  I have a nice daily rotation where I'll get 5 to 7 CP a day, but then I want to bank all the resources I gathered.  So I buy houses in Velia, with the CP I farmed.  So I have to farm more, but then I think I should save even more mats, since putting them on the market at 20-30 a time is wasteful since you can only have 30 items registered.  So I buy more bank space.  It's a vicious cycle. 

Meanwhile, I own Velia.  All of it.  Olvia is holding all the trade goods I haven't linked yet, and the Black Spirit is just dumping silver on me left and right.  Last time I noticed I was 46.  Somehow I hit 50 today.

It's been a while since I felt like dedicating entire days to a game.  And now that I teach for a living, I have the entire summer to do so!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: May 26, 2016, 12:10:46 AM

Most effort I've put into the game seems to have gone to my Heidel residence which is now a magnitude above all others in score (well over 30k).  why so serious?

I just wish that investing was something that would actually make residence score worth the effort but as of now the ROI is just so low on the safe investment and the high risk isn't much better considering how often it fails and diminishes the capital.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: May 26, 2016, 02:44:09 PM

I haven't even looked at residences yet beyond a place to plop the bed and three cooking utensils.  For beer.  I'm up to 10 workers (all Giants) and they get thirsty!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: May 26, 2016, 04:43:11 PM

The only thing I use giant workers for is making black powder. It's short, ~11 min, so it runs 25 times over my typical play sessions and the giant's large stamina pool is actually useful. Otherwise it goblins and humans since everything else is in the 30 min and up range so even a goblin won't run out of stamina. Except that one odd iron node on the coast near Velia which is only 15mins to harvest, so much shorter than other nodes of that type.I'd use giants if I left the computer on all night to afk things though, then I could see the stamina pool being useful.

RNG is brutal and omnipresent and I already know it's what'll make me quit once I set up all my nodes and workshops just how I want them and start on the gear treadmill. Just fucking +1 my silver embroidered cooking costume already goddamn rng. I mean that's the least of it and I'm already annoyed.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: May 26, 2016, 05:00:04 PM

I afk all night usually.  I really didn't put much thought into the workers other than I got giants on my first 3 contracts, so I kept the theme running. 

I mostly don't worry about the RNG at the moment.  I bought out +15 armor spots, and managed to get a +12 bow of the market, but I can tell the accessories are going to be a bitch.  At some point I'll get over my social anxiety and group up for boss scrolls, but for now I'm just a hermit scraping coins together.

hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: August 07, 2016, 04:35:50 PM

Ok, So this game has gone totally pay to win. Just like the Korean game. Uh just saying.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: August 08, 2016, 03:52:45 AM

Ok, So this game has gone totally pay to win. Just like the Korean game. Uh just saying.

I had heard about this...apparently the player base is actually staging in-game protests/marches.  Popcorn

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #474 on: August 08, 2016, 07:49:36 AM

Srsly?  I had to stop playing this game a while back because it was too hard on my wrist (the one I broke).  I missed all the excitement!!!   ACK!

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: August 08, 2016, 10:40:17 AM

OMG in game protests! that's so Everquest!

I am the .00000001428%
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: September 07, 2016, 09:05:47 AM

So why is it sometimes I can activate a trade node and other times the option doesn't even appear?
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: September 07, 2016, 04:21:14 PM

Nodes must be chained together starting from a city and not all nodes connect to other nodes. http://bdomap.mmoguild.org/ shows node connections.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: September 07, 2016, 05:18:39 PM

In order to invest contribution points in a node you need to be at the node manager, but you can add energy (invest) and remove contribution points from anywhere (unless you have the Value Pack item which allows you to purchase with contribution points from anyplace, but costs 10 energy). If you can't buy one node it's likely that it's not connected, and should direct you to the previous node (or city), as was already said.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: September 08, 2016, 06:10:57 PM

Thanks, I thought I had chained them. But obviously not.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: September 17, 2016, 08:57:44 AM

AAAaaand Temporary Price Drop along with a new cheaper "Starter Package" (with the "discount" is only $9.99 US) and an "event" disguising itself as "Loyalty", but is really intended to encourage new/returning players. So, obviously this indicates that they are hurting for players, and losing them in droves.

I bought this game in mid July, and have casual-ed my way to mid 30s with 2 characters, and am enjoying myself (although I spend more time afk'ing than actually "playing"). Still are massive issues with balance, RNG and the high level grind... Plus they've released 2 awakenings (Soldier and Sorceress), but are trickling those way too slowly while everyone complains and quits.

I have a spare 7 day trial if anyone was interested PM me, and if anyone does return or join hit me up on Edan.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: September 20, 2016, 11:24:28 AM

I was having fun with this game until I started getting near the PVP-active level, and realized I was just playing a wagon trading sim and had no desire to turn that into a getting ganked sim so I stopped. Maybe I'll pop back in for the free shit; it's not like the game had a sub.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: September 22, 2016, 09:40:08 AM

I'm playing Black Desert in a way that should enable me to avoid PvP for quite a while, and might actually better prepare me for it once I actually reach that level.

I decided that instead of "grinding" a single character, that I'd create a bunch of alts to sort of level at a slower pace. This has resulted in my having 4 characters whose abilities I found to my liking, all leveling at about the same pace, grinding the quests, instead of just mindlessly trying to reach max level or pvp range. I have all the character slots filled to "bank energy" and also utilize the additional inventory space, but have 4 of 6 all in the 29-37 range.

The benefits of doing this are that I have a large number of contribution points, Energy, and also have built up a huge industry of ways to make silver, along with collecting tons of the "upgrade pieces" (that I barely understand) saving them for when I'll need them. The Attendance awards, gains made while leveling, as well as abusing the Luck stat with Gathering and loot, should allow me to easily upgrade at least 1 character of 4 and possibly lessen my grind when in higher levels because of the plus scrolls and items I'm hording.

Right now my highest character is 37 (a Ranger doing processing/gathering) and basically after nearly 2 months in the game I'm not even close to burning out or feeling the grind (+ fear of PvP) at all. The quest mobs are also still in a range where it's efficient to do the quests, and still a challenge, instead of just a mindless grind. I also let my characters fish, ride horses or walk around encumbered a lot while afk, so even though there's tons of actual game time logged, I've probably spent only one eighth of it actually combatting enemies.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:41:43 AM by taolurker »

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #483 on: September 22, 2016, 09:59:11 AM

I must say I actually enjoyed the time I spent with BDO a few months ago and I think I'll eventually revisit it when I'll complete some of my single player backlog (I'm looking at you Dishonored/Pillars of Eternity/D:OS).

Still, while I don't consider myself a "graphics whore", I found the horrendous texture pop-in a game breaker (yep, cranked up everything plus the "experimental" options). Can't stand it and drew me away from the game.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: September 22, 2016, 03:44:48 PM

I've encountered very little ganking. I'm lvl 55 and there's been around 3 instances over the past couple of months. I don't go to the more contested areas like pirates or sausans so I don't know the pvp situation there. To progress your gear you really need to get past the 45 mark and start doing your daily boss scrolls in a group. That's when you'll have enough stones to play the rng upgrading game. Also afk fish for shards, memory fragments are rare on the market.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: September 24, 2016, 08:09:03 AM

I think I'm playing this game wrong..

I like chopping trees, mining rocks and breeding horses.
Now all 4 characters are level 30-37 and I have 114 contribution points, with hundreds of millions worth of stored/horded stuff, and waaaay too many horses.

I have 37 horses.
Sort of embarrassed, and sort of proud... but if anyone needs a decent mount hit me up, I have timed listing horses and been able to trade somewhat..

That's really what bothers me most though with the game, is how trading is almost entirely blocked and forced price restrictions in the market, kind of kill the community, imo. Decisions about delays, balance and rng luck don't help either.

Still is a huge time investment, and me running minimized doing things is easy as a low level, but keeping the game open for the high levels grinding doesn't appeal to me anyway.

grunk
Terracotta Army

This poster is a gibbering retard. Also, he used to post from a rehab clinic.

Reply #486 on: January 19, 2017, 09:44:07 AM

i cant get passed the fact that gear looks like shit and i have to buy costumes for my Giant to not look like a fucken New Orleans plantation RP'er.

and wtf is with the dark knight being gender locked? W T F.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:47:36 AM by grunk »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #487 on: October 31, 2017, 05:12:27 PM

This is on sale on Steam and for a few days. You get the whole game for 6 dollars, and there's no subscription. Also, in two years since launch they have almost tripled the size of the explorable world, and doubled the number of playable classes. Finally, if you played at any point, you'll be welcomed back with about 50 to 100 millions in the bank and XP bonus and unfairly powerful gear of all sorts, making it very easy to explore and grind without needing help.

The combat is still the best, and it is still all stupidly pretty.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:30:33 PM by Falconeer »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #488 on: November 03, 2017, 08:01:12 AM

Six dollars is difficult to say "no" to.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #489 on: November 03, 2017, 09:49:30 PM

For six dollars it would be worth it even without mobs or combat, just to visit the cities.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Black Desert - Korea getting serious about sandboxes  
Jump to: