Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:56:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Black Desert - Korea getting serious about sandboxes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Black Desert - Korea getting serious about sandboxes  (Read 191800 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: March 29, 2016, 10:38:17 AM

If restarting the client, switching chars, or using /reloadui isn't working then it could bthe Black Spirit thing like Falc is talking about. The issue is that sometimes the Black Spirit (especially on newer characters) has a quest that requires attention. This is usually the quest to learn about combos, and every now and then the combo list at the top of the screen disappears but it is still the priority and doesn't allow usage of the map at that time. So check your quests for the combo training quest, or any other Black Spirit quest, abandon and re-accept the quest.

Those are usually the fixes for a map not working. Last resort, imo, would be deleting the user cache found by default in C:\Users\username\appdata\local\black desert.

On a different note, Mediah is coming tomorrow. So Zinc nodes (needed for brass metal), bis armor for every class named Grunil Armor (dunno the NA/EU name), new desert area, possible increase in softcap for level, and likely increase for gear capping at +15 to capping at +20.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #421 on: March 29, 2016, 10:55:04 AM

The black spirit thingy was it.  Thanks lots, you guys!   Heart

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: March 29, 2016, 11:51:27 AM

I'm not sure I want an expansion as I'm just now beginning to feel like I understand a little bit about the vanilla game.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #423 on: March 29, 2016, 11:58:20 AM

It's not a real expansion anyway. Just patching up the game to where it is supposed to be. We are still another big huge area behind (Valencia) anyway.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: March 29, 2016, 12:18:01 PM

Any chance we're getting a T2 Wood Shop? Fucking Sturdy Pine Plywood is my cockblock to Noble Wagon.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: March 29, 2016, 01:31:42 PM

I'm not sure I want an expansion as I'm just now beginning to feel like I understand a little bit about the vanilla game.

The game itself isn't really changing, they're just adding some more content. With sieges things will change a bit due to additional taxes from guild owned nodes, more of a difference in power between the tops and bottoms due to an increase in max enhancement level, and when we receive the missing classes balance will change a bit (example - witch/wiz will have their counter). But for now, in general, the game is still the same unless you were level 50+ and competitive to some extent.

Any chance we're getting a T2 Wood Shop? Fucking Sturdy Pine Plywood is my cockblock to Noble Wagon.

Don't know about the t2 woodshop or if it would even have that recipe, they could have it and be coming with Mediah. However, like almost all things in this game, you'll be better off just leveling up your gathering/processing to make your wagon. It will save you a shitload of money over using workshops. I'm to a point where if I process my own things I'll use about 25-33% of the materials required instead of needing 100% like when I had low processing or the few times I used workers to make products.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 01:43:45 PM by Segoris »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: March 29, 2016, 04:11:36 PM

Getting from Apprentice 5 to Professional 10 is gonna take a while, particularly since I'm blowing most of my energy on cooking.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: March 29, 2016, 04:41:28 PM

Ahh, yeah. I use a different character for cooking for that very reason. There's little to no reason to have cooking on the same character in the beginning. Also, the more energy the better. It's worth running around gathering as much knowledge/energy as you can. I think I'm at ~170 now and it is noticeably less shitty for leveling processing.

Also, the reqs for hardened plywood are only processing professional 5 and gathering apprentice 10. Someone has stated repeatedly the wrong requirements for the quest for hardened plywood. Prof 5 takes some time, I'm almost prof 9 and it's sucking some major balls about now. I'm at a point now where I'm using some failstacks to make better silver embroidered clothes than my current +1 set so I can have a higher bonus than +10%.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: March 29, 2016, 04:46:11 PM

Sturdy Pine Plywood says Gathering Professional 10, Processing Professional 5 (I had the numbers backwards in my head). Both of mine are still in the apprentice stages; I already have Cooking to Professional 5 so it seems a bit late to move it to another character.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: March 29, 2016, 04:47:22 PM

It is very important to create as many characters you can and give them one crafting profession each. Only way to progress beyond a certain point without cursing the energy limits.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: March 29, 2016, 04:50:05 PM

It's Processing Prof 5 and Gathering Skilled 10. Link to the quest, showing Processing > Prof 4 and Gathering > Skilled 9.

But yeah, if nothing else move your processing/gathering to another char. Going to apprentice stages takes little time. Otherwise, gl on getting that all on one character.

edit - I know the actual item says prof for both professions, but the quest you need to make it is definitely not that high. I think it's just a bad tooltip translation, especially since the sturdy pine plywood was on the market long before anyone could have had both at prof 10, and it's been confirmed by a few people already to not need both skills in the professional range.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:55:42 PM by Segoris »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: March 29, 2016, 05:10:21 PM

Hmm, alright. Wish I had known; I just wrote it off because it's so stupidly high. Guess I need to level an alt up a bit so I can work on those skills; gathering might be rough at level 9.

disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: March 31, 2016, 11:33:14 AM

Does anyone still have some spare testing key?
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: March 31, 2016, 12:11:34 PM

Alts are great for gathering stuff like logs, rough stone and blood which can't be gotten from workers and aren't usually on the market (and log from a newbie area tree is as valid as some log from a tree in 50+ area).
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: March 31, 2016, 01:21:36 PM

...blood...

ACK!

As a thickener for sauces and soups? Maybe?
Bhazrak
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: March 31, 2016, 02:38:40 PM

...blood...

ACK!

As a thickener for sauces and soups? Maybe?

There's a quest at Finto farm near Velia where weasel blood's requested just for that, hah. Blood's actually used for alchemical purposes though.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: March 31, 2016, 11:50:37 PM

This fucking game. The Spring event is centered around cherry blossoms, which means  that there are now cherry trees everywhere in the world making it look like it's actually Spring in the game world too. As if this thing weren't beautiful and realistic enough, now it feels like real seasons are in.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #437 on: April 01, 2016, 08:30:44 AM

I claimed my package with a horse and stuff in it but it never turned up in my inventory.   I checked all my other characters to see if it was that bug that send stuff to the wrong server/character but no, it's not that.  Idid send in a support ticket but, like someone already said, I probably won't hear back.  I never heard back from the other one I sent but, luckily, you guys solved that issue for me.  I still haven't totally wrapped my head around this game.  I don't know if it's because there are so many things going on in it or what.  This game makes me feel dumb and confused! 

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: April 01, 2016, 08:58:49 AM

I claimed my package with a horse and stuff in it but it never turned up in my inventory.   I checked all my other characters to see if it was that bug that send stuff to the wrong server/character but no, it's not that.  Idid send in a support ticket but, like someone already said, I probably won't hear back.  I never heard back from the other one I sent but, luckily, you guys solved that issue for me.  I still haven't totally wrapped my head around this game.  I don't know if it's because there are so many things going on in it or what.  This game makes me feel dumb and confused! 

At least some of the account stuff takes about a day to appear in your pearl inventory (probably to counter some scam/abuse stuff).
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: April 01, 2016, 09:29:16 AM

Yes, check your pearl tab in the inventory. It's easy to miss it. Or your in-game mail.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: April 01, 2016, 11:49:39 AM

I was so set on moving my residence to Altinova but the houses there are just so small and shabby compared to something like Heidel's 9-4 (a 3-story residence with a balcony).  Ohhhhh, I see.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: April 01, 2016, 02:13:14 PM

I know right?! Love that balcony!

Bhazrak
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: April 01, 2016, 05:26:12 PM

RNG hates me, spent about 100 energy before I got a single cherry blossom seed. Don't think I'll be going for any more purposely, but at least I have a nice cherry blossom in my house now.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #443 on: April 01, 2016, 05:27:03 PM

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: April 11, 2016, 04:42:42 PM

Started this last night as a Valkyrie. Had a quest to kill two wolves. Been doing kill x quests since Everquest and this was the first time I felt x was too low.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #445 on: April 11, 2016, 05:00:20 PM

Was it a rare spawn?
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: April 11, 2016, 10:35:30 PM

Started this last night as a Valkyrie. Had a quest to kill two wolves. Been doing kill x quests since Everquest and this was the first time I felt x was too low.

The numbers go up until finally some large (guild quests but still) ask you to kill 4800...  ACK!

edit: and as a bonus guild quests also have a time limit measured in minutes  why so serious?
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: April 11, 2016, 11:42:45 PM

This game is one huge virtual catridge with "100 games in 1" packed in beautiful graphics.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: April 12, 2016, 06:46:53 AM

Two new classes (well, more like one and a half) coming in a week. April 20th. The Musa and the Maehwa, also known as Blader (male) and Plum (female). Although they are related and similar, they have a lot of different skills too, to the point that the Musa is AOE oriented and the Maehwa is single target oriented.

Short sword and bow are their weapons.

http://black-desert.com/news/musamaehwa-coming-april-20th-naeu/

Gameplay videos:

Musa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwSkD7q8DdA

Maehwa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79iyR7Yl3L0

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: April 12, 2016, 06:58:40 AM

This game is still taking far too much of my time and I am more or less enjoying it. I have to wonder though how the game will keep it's appeal (for me at least) once it catches up to the Korean version and the grind will become more apparent as the new distractions will be further apart.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: April 12, 2016, 07:42:28 AM

Supposedly, by always giving you something more to strive for in whatever is your field of "work". Are you a horse trainer? Have you obtained all the horses combination? Are you a fisher? Have you caught the rarest fish? Have you built the bigger wagon? Have you cooked the most delicious dinner? Have you got the most beautiful house? Have you become filthy rich by trading? Have you learnt all the knowledge? Have you seen all the cutscenes? Have you got all the titles? And have you looted the rarest items?
And if instead you are playing it for the combat as you would any other MMORPG, then it's about the guild vs guild PvP.

But I am not defending it. I actually have no idea.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #451 on: April 14, 2016, 01:04:10 PM

I don't end up with a lot of time to play, but I'm constantly online accruing energy.  Which I spend in the moments before I sleep and after I wake.  Heidel is level 9.  I don't know if that's useful, but it's level 9.  Which is higher than level 8.  I feel it's supposed to be an accomplishment.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: April 16, 2016, 04:29:41 AM

This game has some really great visuals at times:
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #453 on: April 16, 2016, 05:35:03 AM

Supposedly, by always giving you something more to strive for in whatever is your field of "work". Are you a horse trainer? Have you obtained all the horses combination? Are you a fisher? Have you caught the rarest fish? Have you built the bigger wagon? Have you cooked the most delicious dinner? Have you got the most beautiful house? Have you become filthy rich by trading? Have you learnt all the knowledge? Have you seen all the cutscenes? Have you got all the titles? And have you looted the rarest items?
All of these are essentially one and the same, and appeal only to the top catass who actually gives a fuck about having "the best" X. And even Wildstar devs know by now how well building a game for that particular sliver of market works out.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: April 16, 2016, 05:47:51 AM

All of these are essentially one and the same, and appeal only to the top catass who actually gives a fuck about having "the best" X. And even Wildstar devs know by now how well building a game for that particular sliver of market works out.

In some ways that's true but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it without going all catass with it. I mean games like Skyrim or Fallout have their own home/settlement building stuff which seems quite popular (based on the number of mods and the downloads they get) despite having very little to do with actually "beating the game".
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Black Desert - Korea getting serious about sandboxes  
Jump to: