Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:41:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam gift trade 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steam gift trade  (Read 114202 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

on: April 01, 2013, 05:12:54 PM

I didn't see a gift trading thread so I'll start one here.  I got a free copy of  Rift: Storm Legion for purchasing Defiance.  As far as I can tell it doesn't include the base game, just the expansion (base game is $9.99).  If anyone wants to trade something for it, let me know.  Thanks.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 07:25:38 AM

According to Steam, Rift is included in the package. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 12:19:07 PM

I've got a copy of Sims 3 Seasons sitting in my inventory. Note: you must have all your Sims 3 stuff through Steam to use it (as I found out after someone gifted this to me)

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 02:25:07 PM

I'm sitting on five copies of DotA 2 and one of Nuclear Dawn (hybrid RTS/FPS, kinda similar to Natural Selection) if anyone wants.  Though I can't give DotA to anyone in China, for some reason.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:36:08 PM

Bioshock, Half Life 2, lots of Dota 2 keys, and Witcher 2/X-Com/Rift TF2 items.

Bunch of Humble Bundle keys I haven't used:

Titan Quest
Warhammer 40K DoW
Closure
Shank 2
Snapshot
Cave Story +
Dungeon Defenders + all DLC
The Basement Collection
Offspring Fling

-Rasix
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 04:51:16 PM

tl;dr - let me know if you have TF2 promotional items, and if you don't know if you do then just know that if you pre-ordered some games on Steam then you do (the list is in the spoiler below). What's left of my inven after getting some TF2 stuff will be donated somehow.

I'm using my Steam inven to trade for a number of the TF2 promotional items I'm looking for, so if you have pre-ordered anything on Steam, let's talk :) Any items I'm looking for are actually for usage and not to go sell or trade away. Making that clear since I am looking for some more rare items as well. Overall, the big ones I'm looking for are Bioshock infinite (2 sets actually, parts of a third would also be put to good use), Skyrim, Sam and Max (hah like that's happening), Left for Daed 2 (hah again...fucking rares), and a shitload more as I missed a lot of them while MMO-whoring.

After I figure out what TF2 items I can get with the inventory, I'll probably take my my Steam inventory (I also have a couple of Humble Bundles most likely) and donate shit around as I see them on wishlists or maybe I'll start some sort of an F13 bank-bot for swapping games. Might not be a bad idea anyways.

[edit: should add, even if you have some of the promo items that are not-genuine quality I'm looking for some of those too, and some more rare items I'll probably trade with something else not on this list[/end edit]

If you've pre-ordered anything on Steam, here's a list of games that will have some things
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:02:50 PM by Segoris »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 05:04:07 PM

I have the Sam & Max stuff, but I love my bunny ears with severed head attached too much to get rid of them at this time.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 05:43:56 PM

Yeah, don't blame you. Those things are awesome, kind of sad they're one of the currencies imo =/ I have the Lugermorph from Poker Night (I don't care about it being vintage or anything like that). The Big Kill is okay, just rather use a different gun.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 05:56:46 PM

It makes it REALLY EASY to spot when a spy is impersonating me, because I never see anyone else in a game wearing them.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 06:11:31 PM

That's one reason I prefer items like this that are worn less often actually. Most people don't run around with rocket launchers and wizard hats why so serious?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 06:20:05 PM

I have guest passes for Red Orchestra 1 & 2 as well as Killing Floor from the Humble Weekly Sale.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 06:26:13 AM

All I have is Half Life 2 and HL2 Episode 1.  Who would want that?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 07:11:31 AM

If anyone wants any dota2, I'm your guy.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 11:38:05 AM

I didn't see a gift trading thread so I'll start one here.  I got a free copy of  Rift: Storm Legion for purchasing Defiance.  As far as I can tell it doesn't include the base game, just the expansion (base game is $9.99).  If anyone wants to trade something for it, let me know.  Thanks.

Just checked my Steam account and this does include the Rift base game as well as the expansion.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 08:27:40 AM

If anyone wants that Rift gift, I have one.  I don't want it.  I guess you would have to tell me your Steam name or something.  I've never gifted any thingies from Steam. 

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 07:54:16 PM

Alrighty, I'll try it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 01:45:23 PM

Well, there you go, then.  No bitching if it's horrible or I'll keep sending you crap games that you'll have try just because you have them.  You'll become a bitter,  angry man and your wife will leave you and you'll lose your job and have to move to Nicaragua because your mental disability benefits don't pay enough for you to live in the US.  Don't say you weren't warned.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 06:23:40 AM

Don't worry, I'm easy.  Too bad you haven't met me in real life, you'd worry less.  I might become angry and bitter (have been in the past), but the rest of that won't happen.  My wife and I confirmed that we would never let the other one off so easy as to get divorced.  No, we're both committed to stay and make the other one miserable until one of us is dead.  Also I'm not sure about Nicaragua.  Plenty of other places, but really I haven't considered that one.  When I do get sick of the first world, I think something on the water would be nice.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 06:44:14 AM

I recommend Thailand.  Really one of the best options if you want to go all third-world nativist.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 07:48:23 AM

I do have the yellow fever.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 01:32:39 PM

Nicaragua offers a special incentive for Americans on disability or social security to live in their country.  They even get you all set up.  My brother in law has a writer friend who became disabled and her ss benefits were cut in half to like $800 or something. It's not millionaire living but she lives very decently on that.   She moved there.  She even seems to like it.

Yeah, I know, I know... if it's not millionaire living... fuck it.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 02:04:12 AM

I'll take one of the DOTA2s if they're still available. Couldn't hurt to have a look at it before release..

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 07:44:35 AM

For Dota2 just use this:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dota2bot

1) Add that profile as a friend
2) Send a private message stating 'give dota'
3) Don't post on the wall/comments/message board of the profile
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 06:25:44 PM

Or just hit me on steam I've got plenty of dota2 invites.

Also does anyone not have Shogun 2 yet? I just got a 75% off coupon for that.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 12:59:21 AM

Which f13 id are you?

Also, the bot's friend list is apparently full.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 07:03:46 PM

I've got some invites for the Steam Trading Card Beta, if anyone wants.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 10:10:20 PM

I'll take it... whatever it is. HaemishM is the Steam ID.

schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 10:55:00 PM

What the shit is the Steam Trading Card beta? I mean, obviously I want to see this silly shit.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 11:05:08 PM

It's apparently their attempt to further gamify Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/

Play games, get cards and trade them to get complete sets, "level up" your steam account, earn badges, etc.
It's like meta-achievements for Steam as a whole rather than for specific games.
Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 11:32:40 PM

FAQ: http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq

It's like meta-achievements for Steam as a whole rather than for specific games.

Although the source and content of the cards is games, and at this point there are only a few of them participating. For example I have three Don't Starve cards (one of which is a duplicate) and can only get the remaining ones by trading cards I get from playing other games on the list... in the event that I cared enough to do that.

So, 30 cards total available above, if you played all six games a certain amount of time each you'd get 18 cards. If traded one-for-one that would allow you to complete sets for half of the games (3 sets of 5 with 3 cards left over).

Edit: I should say that complete sets from this trading cards thing become badges, among the other badges you might have from past sales, years of membership, "pillar of community" etc. which all feed into an XP system for what they call your Steam Level. Meta-achievements, as Kail said.

I'm Steam Level 3! Gosh.
Jealous?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:48:49 PM by Severian »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #30 on: May 25, 2013, 08:48:37 AM

Haha I'm level 8. I also have a couple invites, though it's not much of a thing yet.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 26, 2013, 09:09:06 AM

Arrgh, I had this a while and totally forgot about it.

Not much time left but I have a 75% off coupon for Total War: Shogun 2.  With it the game is only $7.50.  The catch is it expires tomorrow at 1pm, so you've got to use it right away.

First f13'er to message me gets it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 11:11:55 AM

Is this shit supposed to actually work? Because I got the code, it showed up in my list of games but when I try to "play" it tells me it can't find the executable. So I just fucking deleted it and now it's gone completely.

Oh well... didn't sound like anything I needed anyway.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: May 27, 2013, 01:36:27 PM

Is this shit supposed to actually work? Because I got the code, it showed up in my list of games but when I try to "play" it tells me it can't find the executable. So I just fucking deleted it and now it's gone completely.

I don't know, it doesn't show up in my library at all.  AFAIK the way you're supposed to access it is by clicking on your name on the top bar (the "STORE LIBRARY COMMUNITY [Your name here]" bar) and selecting "badges" which takes you to a list of the cards and badges you've earned.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 28, 2013, 08:01:15 AM

I don't know, it doesn't show up in my library at all.  AFAIK the way you're supposed to access it is by clicking on your name on the top bar (the "STORE LIBRARY COMMUNITY [Your name here]" bar) and selecting "badges" which takes you to a list of the cards and badges you've earned.

You don't actually play the Steam trading card game, it just flags your account as being eligible to receive cards for playing games that have cards available.

As far as the badges thing, when you collect all the cards to complete a set then you can hit combine or something like that and it will give you a badge as well as experience for your account to level up and some other things (a background and/or emoticon for chat, etc.). At higher levels you can find more rare cards (foil cards) and do the same thing

-tip: don't trade your cards for TF2 cards, just don't.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam gift trade  
Jump to: